2023-24 NBA Season | Page 52 | Syracusefan.com

2023-24 NBA Season

Speaking of undermanned, the Lakers beat the Celtics in Boston tonight without LeBron or AD.

(The Celtics only shot seven free throws. Seems legit.)

MSG was ROCKING tonight -what a game.
Any other Knicks fans enjoying watching this undermanned team the last few games?
Great team basketball!
If you think MSG was rockin’ tonight, wait till the Lakers —who handled the Celtics with ease tonight in Boston without LeBron, AD, Cam Reddish and Jarred Vanderbilt after he injured his foot and was out the second half — play the Knicks in Gotham Saturday night. Giddy-up!

Last edited:
If you think MSG was rockin’ tonight, wait till the Lakers —who handled the Celtics with ease tonight in Boston without LeBron, AD, Cam Reddish and Jarred Vanderbilt after he injured his foot and was out the second half — play the Knicks in Gotham Saturday night. Giddy-up!

All for a throw-back classic vs the rival that Knicks beat for their championships back in my youth.
Maybe Julius the Warrior will make a miracle dramatic entrance during warmups like Willis Reed!

Celtics should be ashamed and Tatum and Brown should be embarrassed. Can you imagine MJ, LBJ, Duncan, Joker heck even Luka not willing their team to that win over a depleted Lakers team?

And not even really competitive. East is more wide open than people think.

Get in the door price for that game is $500 on Ticketmaster to sit in the rafters. For context, the following Saturday game against Indiana you can get in for $150.

Get in the door price for that game is $500 on Ticketmaster to sit in the rafters. For context, the following Saturday game against Indiana you can get in for $150.

I have my (partial) season tickets for Saturday, price I get them for is around $125, looks like tickets around my section are listed around $550-600.

Celtics should be ashamed and Tatum and Brown should be embarrassed. Can you imagine MJ, LBJ, Duncan, Joker heck even Luka not willing their team to that win over a depleted Lakers team?

And not even really competitive. East is more wide open than people think.
While all of that’s true, the Celtics only shot seven free throws the entire game. That’s suspect.

Should have figured out a way to win anyway.

My all star teams as of 1/12/23.

East:
Haliburton (s- now injured)
Mitchell (s)
Embiid (s)
Tatum (s)
Giannis (s)
Brunson
Maxey
Brown
Lillard
Randle
Adebayo
Banchero
Porzingis- added

(Snubs- Young, Butler, Siakam, Barnes (added))

I forgot about Barnes who is deserving and I’d be fine with him over Porzingis but team record may be factor.

West:

Doncic (s)
SGA (s)
Davis (s)
Jokic (s)
Durant (s)
Curry
Fox
Sabonis
Edwards
Leonard
James
Sengun

(Snubs- Holmgren, Booker, Zion, George, Towns)

I think most likely Booker makes it over Sengun and Chet which is too bad.
Looks like I hit the East all stars but with injury we will see who is added.

West they took Booker (I get it), George, and Towns over Sabonis, Fox, Sengun (I get it).

I do not agree with neither Fox or Sabonis though.

While all of that’s true, the Celtics only shot seven free throws the entire game. That’s suspect.
Announcing Bill Murray GIF

When was the last time an NBA team was called for eight fouls (or less) in a game?

Just looked at the boxscore.

It's amazing that Jaxson Hayes played 34 minutes and had 0 fouls... when he was averaging a ridiculous 6.6 fouls per 36 minutes entering the game. Last night could have been a statistical anomaly which happens from time to time. Obviously the league is calling fouls against him when it chooses too.

I don't really have any horses when it comes to Boston, LA, LA, Philly. I don't like any of them -- unfortunately 3 of the 4 are good teams, then we have the Lakers.

Last edited:
SGA with a crazy statline tonight at the half. Gets the normal pts, but the steals, blocks and % are crazy.
18 pts
7 assists
5 Steals
3 Blocks
89% Shooting

Legit MVP Candidate or not?

SGA with a crazy statline tonight at the half. Gets the normal pts, but the steals, blocks and % are crazy.
18 pts
7 assists
5 Steals
3 Blocks
89% Shooting

Legit MVP Candidate or not?
He won't win but he should be in the discussion. Dude seems to really have made the leap.

So who is in the discussion?

Embiid seemed to be the overwhelming favourite until the injury. Now the 65 game rule does him in.

To me its a 4 man race right now with no clear winner.
SGA
Giannis
Doncic
Jokic

Embiid seemed to be the overwhelming favourite until the injury. Now the 65 game rule does him in.

SGA
Giannis
Doncic
Jokic
We all know why you’re excluding Leonard. Nevertheless, he deserves to be on there.

SGA
Giannis
Doncic
Jokic
Doncic has my vote

We all know why you’re excluding Leonard. Nevertheless, he deserves to be on there.

You are being over-sensitive. It has nothing to do with any personal agenda towards Kawhi or the Clippers. Look at the data that is out there. (I'll present basketball reference, Actual Betting Odds, and the NBA's own Kia MVP ladder) Kawhi is not a serious candidate on any of those lists.

He is just not at the same level, AS AN MVP CANDIDATE, as those other 4 players, in part because of what the MVP award looks at. In a 7 game series this year, he could absolutely out play them as its a 2 way game and he arguably as good a player in that context.

However, knowing that this award is very much about counting stats I went to basketball reference, and 3 that excel at those are on very good teams - so it was easy to identify them as prime candidates. And then Luka. I also clicked on the link below to see if there were any other legit candidates. Kawhi wasn't even on the list so I never even considered him. And then I posted the 4 names

But hey if you think Kawhi Leonard is a great MVP candidate better head to Vegas where you can get him at 100-1 odds. Its clearly not some personal agenda on my part.

The 4 I identified have clear separation in the gambling odds as well.

Jokic: Even odds
SGA: 3 to 1
Luka: 5 to 1
Giannis 7 to 1
Embiid 15 to 1
Tatum 40 to 1
Booker, Edwards, Leonard, Haliburton 100 to 1

On NBA.com's own MVP tracker, he is currently #8.

Perhaps everybody is just dumb. But don't pin it on me.

Last edited:
Doncic has my vote

I'd go
1. Jokic
2. SGA
3. Luka
4. Giannis

It's all very close in the top 3 for me. Jokic just makes it look so easy as he spreads it around- a big nearly getting a triple double is insane. Luka gets punished a bit for his team play, whether its fair our not.

Giannis is the clear #4 on my vote as of now, but if Milwaukee gets their stuff together over the next month or two under a new coach and finishes very strong making a run at the Celts, Giannis could get a nice spike upwards.

You are being over-sensitive. It has nothing to do with any personal agenda towards Kawhi or the Clippers. Look at the data that is out there. (I'll present basketball reference, Actual Betting Odds, and the NBA's own Kia MVP ladder) Kawhi is not a serious candidate on any of those lists.

He is just not at the same level, AS AN MVP CANDIDATE, as those other 4 players, in part because of what the MVP award looks at. In a 7 game series this year, he could absolutely out play them as its a 2 way game and he arguably as good a player in that context.

However, knowing that this award is very much about counting stats I went to basketball reference, and 3 that excel at those are on very good teams - so it was easy to identify them as prime candidates. And then Luka. I also clicked on the link below to see if there were any legit candidates. Kawhi wasn't even on the list so I never even considered him. And then I posted the 4 names

But hey if you think Kawhi Leonard is a great MVP candidate better head to Vegas where you can get him at 100-1 odds. Its clearly not some personal agenda on my part.

Jokic: Even odds
SGA: 3 to 1
Luka: 5 to 1
Giannis 7 to 1
Embiid 15 to 1
Tatum 40 to 1
Booker, Edwards, Leonard, Haliburton 100 to 1

On NBA's own MVP tracker, he is currently #8.

Perhaps everybody is just dumb. But don't pin it on me.
You’re projecting. If he’s #7 (Embiid doesn’t count at this point) on the NBA’s list and climbing, doesn’t that negate the rest of your case?

He will be in the conversation after the break.

Day2 - You better run to your nearest betting operator and throw down at 100:1 for Kawhi to win MVP. Apparently a whole bunch of people with anti-Kawhi agendas out there.
Man, it does not take much to strike a nerve with you, LOL.

You’re projecting. If he’s #7 (Embiid doesn’t count at this point) on the NBA’s list and climbing, doesn’t that negate the rest of your case?

He will be in the conversation after the break.

He is 100-1 in Betting Odds amongst 3 large operators..
How the heck am i projecting? Does everybody have agendas.

There are 3 candidates that are putting up huge statistical seasons on good teams. They are almost impossible to catch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom