2023-24 NBA Season | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

2023-24 NBA Season

He also made the playoffs every year those first 4-5 years. LBJ missed the playoffs his first two years. Actually, Jordan never missed the playoffs with the Bulls. He only missed the playoffs the two years with the Wizards. LBJ has missed the playoffs four times.

And Jordan made Pippen into a stud. He did a much better job of making his teammates better than LBJ ever has.

FWIW (not sure how much), the first 3 years the Bulls made the playoffs they were under 500. I know he missed a ton of time in his second year, but they made the playoffs going 30-52! That's wild.

Game 1 of the 2018 finals might beg to differ

I'm mostly joking. But that's like a mt rushmore knucklehead moment

The only Bron reaction that was worse than the moment you are referencing is when Bron was literally shaking his head at David Blatt for a play he was calling during a time out.

Object of the game is to win.

If we’re going back to the start of their careers career, then count Melo, AI, Kobe, Ray, Duncan, KG, CP3, D Rose, Wade, Dirk. And, again, that’s just a snippet, not counting Kawhi, KD, Steph, Harden, etc.

You are way overvaluing Mitch Richmond, etc.

You are focusing now on one aggregate stat.

That list you had, Steph is better than all of them, save Bird. Same KD. Same Kobe. same Duncan. same Shaq.

I can go on.

You out the illegal D rule back in play, KD is scoring 35 a game. Same with prime Bron. Same with Luka. Same with Steph.
Reliance on the 3 has really changed the scoring dynamic.

JR Smith averaged 12 ppg, shot 37% from 3, and was in the league for 16 years. He was a fine role player.

If you’re talking about him being a knucklehead….he was nowhere remotely in the same ballpark as late 90’s Dennis Rodman in that regard.
Yeah. Knucklehead. Space cadet. Name it. Rodman generally was an off the court knucklehead. He was a really smart basketball player.

Yeah. Knucklehead. Space cadet. Name it. Rodman generally was an off the court knucklehead. He was a really smart basketball player.
Agreed though his antics were hurting the team by the end of it. Skipping practice to go on WCW Monday Nitro, in the middle of the finals. He wasn’t even productive in those playoffs either.

FWIW (not sure how much), the first 3 years the Bulls made the playoffs they were under 500. I know he missed a ton of time in his second year, but they made the playoffs going 30-52! That's wild.

The old NBA and NHL playoffs of the 80's were a bit silly in terms of how easy they were to get in. The NBA had 16 of 23 teams get in, and the NHL an even more absurd 16 of 21 teams.
That's a big advantage if we are looking at how quickly players back then got in compared to post 2000 players

As an aside, some of the NHL teams that got in from the Norris Division were laughable. In 1988 the Maple Leafs got in the playoffs with what is the equivalent to a 26-56 season.

What decade is that from? He’s been backing the Clippers for years now. Try to get with the times.
It popped up on my IG feed, no idea how old lol.

They might’ve still been in Buffalo.

I looked it up after I hit send. Clippers first year in LA was 84-85, Chuck's rookie year. They were in San Diego (and the clippers) for 6 years prior to that, and before that Buffalo. So I'm gonna guess it was somewhere in the San Diego/Buffalo years.

Also, I gotta say. Imagine the transition going from playing a winter sport like basketball for a team based in Buffalo to a team based in San Diego.

I looked it up after I hit send. Clippers first year in LA was 84-85, Chuck's rookie year. They were in San Diego (and the clippers) for 6 years prior to that, and before that Buffalo. So I'm gonna guess it was somewhere in the San Diego/Buffalo years.

Also, I gotta say. Imagine the transition going from playing a winter sport like basketball for a team based in Buffalo to a team based in San Diego.

Thing is, from what I’ve seen I think Chuck was way fatter in college and his early Sixer days than his latter Sixer/Suns days.

Certainly wasn’t skinny, but in the prime of his career, he was in pretty good shape.

Thing is, from what I’ve seen I think Chuck was way fatter in college and his early Sixer days than his latter Sixer/Suns days.

Certainly wasn’t skinny, but in the prime of his career, he was in pretty good shape.
Oh, he definitely lost weight post-Auburn. I think Malone made him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom