2023-24 NBA Season | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

2023-24 NBA Season

I think I read that Reaves asked Haliburton and Banchero if he should back it out, and Haliburton told him to ‘finish them’

Not sure where to put this thread .. but World Cup of hoops just starts and all games are available on espn plus . Jordan Clarkson on Philippines. KAT on DR. Canada has a squad

Not sure where to put this thread .. but World Cup of hoops just starts and all games are available on espn plus . Jordan Clarkson on Philippines. KAT on DR. Canada has a squad

Canada has a squad, but we always find a way to screw it up in international play so we don't qualify for the Olympics.

The worst was back in 2017 (give or take a year) when we had a team of several NBA players. All we had to do was beat Venezuela in the Tournament of the Americas (or some equivalent) to make the Olympics. And proceeded to lose.

Canada has a squad, but we always find a way to screw it up in international play so we don't qualify for the Olympics.

The worst was back in 2017 (give or take a year) when we had a team of several NBA players. All we had to do was beat Venezuela in the Tournament of the Americas (or some equivalent) to make the Olympics. And proceeded to lose.

Yeah, is Canada bball just run poorly? Seems like y'all should be right there for top 3 every tourney with the talent you have.

Canada drubbed France by 30. sGA is a problem

I saw France and Canada were playing and I was surprised they would even be in the same group. But Canada is like 15th in the fiba rankings!

France wasnt even in pot 1 for the draw though, because the Phillipines gets in as the host nation. And Argentina didnt qualify, which I totally missed.

I have no real points here.

I saw France and Canada were playing and I was surprised they would even be in the same group. But Canada is like 15th in the fiba rankings!

France wasnt even in pot 1 for the draw though, because the Phillipines gets in as the host nation. And Argentina didnt qualify, which I totally missed.

Argentina didn't qualify?

Dillon Brooks is the t

Canada being in 15tj causes tough draws for them and others in the group.

Apparently only two of Spain, France and Canada can be in the quarters. (They are the teams inone of the group of 8)

Anyway a big win for Canada today. SGA is the best player we have had play internationally perhaps ever. Steve Nash was played a lot for Canada but that was before his MVP breakout.

Argentina didn't qualify?

Apparently!! Reading about it on Wiki, they were in a 6 team group (3 qualified) with Canada, Dominican Republic, Venezuela, Panama, and the Bahamas. They finished tied for third with Venezuela and missed out on the tiebreaker (point differential). They lost the final game of qualifying to the Dominican, 79-75.

If I am looking at the draw correctly, US is likely going to play whoever comes out of that 8 team pod with Spain/France/Canada in the qts

Apparently!! Reading about it on Wiki, they were in a 6 team group (3 qualified) with Canada, Dominican Republic, Venezuela, Panama, and the Bahamas. They finished tied for third with Venezuela and missed out on the tiebreaker (point differential). They lost the final game of qualifying to the Dominican, 79-75.

If I am looking at the draw correctly, US is likely going to play whoever comes out of that 8 team pod with Spain/France/Canada in the qts
It's like they got all hyped over Manu and just... moved on from basketball.

I saw a story of an Argentina-Bahamas game from just a few days ago where Argentina was whining after losing since Bahamas was able to dress Eric Gordon.

Must have been a pre-qualifier of some sort

I saw a story of an Argentina-Bahamas game from just a few days ago where Argentina was whining after losing since Bahamas was able to dress Eric Gordon.

Must have been a pre-qualifier of some sort

I'm guessing just like the equivalent of a soccer friendly, looks like neither team is in the world cup.

I still can't get over the fact there are 32 teams in this tournament and Argentina isnt in

I'm guessing just like the equivalent of a soccer friendly, looks like neither team is in the world cup.

I still can't get over the fact there are 32 teams in this tournament and Argentina isnt in

I was just looking at the full field now.
There are countries in the tournament that have zero recognizable names of any kind in countries you wouldn't even be 100% sure even had basketball teams.

Not sure what the hell they could have done wrong at qualifiers to not get in.

Looking at the teams that made it from the Americas- Dominicans, Puerto Rico, Mexico, Venezuela, Brazil, Canada, USA, I would think Venezuela, Mexico, Dominican and Puerto Rico would all traditionally inferior to Argentina.

Looking at the Puerto Rico roster, Stevie Thompson's son plays for Puerto Rico.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom