2023-24 NBA Season | Page 58 | Syracusefan.com

2023-24 NBA Season

I turned it off but he was pissed?
Maybe that's a bit strong, but this was ESPN's description.

"But after the 73rd All-Star Game looked exactly like last year's lackluster performance in Salt Lake City -- with the Eastern Conference setting the all-time scoring record by becoming the first team to surpass 200 points in what was eventually a 211-186 victory over the Western Conference -- Silver's annoyance at what took place was clearly on display.

"And to the Eastern Conference All-Stars, you scored the most points," Silver said flatly. "Well ... congratulations."

Every all star game in every sport has gone to sht. Baseball‘s was only saved because they have HF in the WS to the winner of the game. Something similar will have to be done here. I didn’t pay attention to a single part of the weekend. All the events have run their course. A G leaguer winning the dunk contest is a joke.

There are bc there are so many games but there are also so many blowouts. I’ve watched the least amount of nba in a long time this year. Hoping playoffs are great though.
Yeah, it's been a few years coming but some of the recent trends in terms of playstyles and refereeing have really started to wear on me this year. I've probably only watched like 1/3 of the Bucks games this year and mostly wait until the day after to decide which games, if any, I want to watch.

Yeah, it's been a few years coming but some of the recent trends in terms of playstyles and refereeing have really started to wear on me this year. I've probably only watched like 1/3 of the Bucks games this year and mostly wait until the day after to decide which games, if any, I want to watch.
Ironically I think the 2 close to "full" games I watched were GS/LAL and GS/PHX and both were awesome. I love watching great basketball don't get me wrong, but there are just soooo many blowouts. I will definitely tune in much more in the playoffs and hope for some good series. The regular season is too long.

Ironically I think the 2 close to "full" games I watched were GS/LAL and GS/PHX and both were awesome. I love watching great basketball don't get me wrong, but there are just soooo many blowouts. I will definitely tune in much more in the playoffs and hope for some good series. The regular season is too long.
Even beyond my issues with every team essentially just turning into a 3 point and dunk offenses, I think the sport's watchability has just become so much worse with the constant free throws, reviews, commercials etc. I thankfully get League Pass because I buy NBA 2K every year, and despite League Pass being a mess sometimes, the one gigantic positive it provides is if you watch games the next day, they offer a version of the game where all of the breaks are edited out so you can just watch the game in 40 minutes without having to manually skip commercials and stuff.

Even beyond my issues with every team essentially just turning into a 3 point and dunk offenses, I think the sport's watchability has just become so much worse with the constant free throws, reviews, commercials etc. I thankfully get League Pass because I buy NBA 2K every year, and despite League Pass being a mess sometimes, the one gigantic positive it provides is if you watch games the next day, they offer a version of the game where all of the breaks are edited out so you can just watch the game in 40 minutes without having to manually skip commercials and stuff.
Not sure how playing styles get fixed unless they do away with the corner 3 and/or extend the line. Even then I would imagine that ends up being a hard sell to the players association.

Funny how much of a 180 that’s happened with n the past 20 years. in the late 90’s and early 2000’s where games had finals scores you sometimes see at halftime now.

Not sure how playing styles get fixed unless they do away with the corner 3 and/or extend the line. Even then I would imagine that ends up being a hard sell to the players association.

Funny how much of a 180 that’s happened with n the past 20 years. in the late 90’s and early 2000’s where games had finals scores you sometimes see at halftime now.
Yeah, I think analytics have gotten too smart and people realized there's really one way to correctly play basketball and it's just a lot less interesting to me as a result lol.

They know the game sucks.
What do you mean? Non-stop scoring and action. You mean you weren't the least bit interested to see if they could breach the 200 point marker and maybe 400 total points to boot?

Did they withhold the defensive player of the game award?

The games must be longer these days, aren't they?

Every all star game in every sport has gone to sht. Baseball‘s was only saved because they have HF in the WS to the winner of the game. Something similar will have to be done here. I didn’t pay attention to a single part of the weekend. All the events have run their course. A G leaguer winning the dunk contest is a joke.
And now he’s a back-to-back winner, putting him in exclusive company with Michael Jordan, Jason Richardson, Nate Robinson, and Zach LaVine. That’s just wrong.

Idk if it was just because I was a kid but I really looked forward to the All Star games in the late 90s early 2000s. I don’t even bother to turn any of the weekend’s events on anymore. It’s just horrible unfortunately.

I have my problems with the NBA in general, but there’s at least watchable games each night in the regular season. All star weekend is really something else.
Last I can remember watching the game was early 2010's. I'll still glance at the Saturday stuff.

Funny to read some of these comments because I think I've watched more NBA this year than I have ever before (and I used to watch a lot too).

Surely the fact that the Knicks are good has nothing to do with it. But I really do think its a great product now.

Last I can remember watching the game was early 2010's. I'll still glance at the Saturday stuff.

I actually turned the dunk contest off before the finals, that’s how bored I was. Didn’t watch any of the all star game, aside from a few glances up from my beer at the bar.

Funny to read some of these comments because I think I've watched more NBA this year than I have ever before (and I used to watch a lot too).

Surely the fact that the Knicks are good has nothing to do with it. But I really do think its a great product now.
I think the Knicks are a great product right now. One of the few teams I can enjoy watching on a consistent basis.

It’s such a non-issue. We have become a society that just has to turn everything into an us vs them controversy.
If it was supposed to be making a point about “equality”, she should have used an NBA sized ball. If it was about fair competition, she should have shot from the women’s line (that is what her game is). If it was a show piece with the illusion of an equal contest, then do just what they did.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom