2023-24 Portal Options | Page 102 | Syracusefan.com

2023-24 Portal Options

So with Hunter and Cisse both being no-gos, are there any options that we know for sure we're pursuing right now?

Seems quite a bit like the Westry situation in that everything is being kept very quiet.

The only other even mentions were the Brown kid from A&M, Mccleod at FSU and then Mccalister tweeted the Kante news but nothing was shared in terms of actual activity there.

While I was hopeful for a quick turnaround for the program by using the portal to rebuild our roster, I’m starting to accept that next year will be a rebuilding year and we need to give Red a bit of a pass next year. It will be fun to watch JJ, Chance and Benny get up and down the floor, there’s probably too many holes in the roster to put out a top 25 level team.

Sometimes you have to go backwards before you can go forward.

While I was hopeful for a quick turnaround for the program by using the portal to rebuild our roster, I’m starting to accept that next year will be a rebuilding year and we need to give Red a bit of a pass next year. It will be fun to watch JJ, Chance and Benny get up and down the floor, there’s probably too many holes in the roster to put out a top 25 level team.

Not sure we are in any way locked into a step back again next year as of yet.

Maybe McCleoud from Fla St??

No sense in bringing in another project center (we'll have enough of those).

If we can't get anyone decent, time to move on.

Yup. Agreed 144%.

Either we get a 4 or 5 who can play, right now, or we hold that scholly for next season.

No point bringing in another project who happens to be tall, as we already have more than sufficient numbers of those on the current roster.

I don’t see how signing two top 40 guards is going backward. We aren’t done filling the roster at all. We will likely add 2 more guys.

If Judah comes back—and that is a very realistic possibility—we will have a good team. Possibly top 25 good depending on what happens at center.

Not sure we are in any way locked into a step back again next year as of yet.
Sure, but the window is starting to close. We’ll know more in a couple of weeks but as of now it’s looking like Judah is NBA bound and we won’t have a quality center. Until those change, we’re looking at a bit of a down year.

Sure, but the window is starting to close. We’ll know more in a couple of weeks but as of now it’s looking like Judah is NBA bound and we won’t have a quality center. Until those change, we’re looking at a bit of a down year.

I think and hope we will land in a good spot with both. Would be nice to know sooner rather than later but it is the last puzzle pieces at this point vs trying to figure out 5 or 6 spots like some other programs.

Maybe McCleoud from Fla St??

No sense in bringing in another project center (we'll have enough of those).

If we can't get anyone decent, time to move on.
It’s way way too early to “move on.” The portal doesn’t close til May 11. Plus there are international options and high school kids that could reclassify.

Everything’s on hold because of Dickinson. Once he declares there will be more movement.

It’s way way too early to “move on.” The portal doesn’t close til May 11. Plus there are international options and high school kids that could reclassify.
Starting to think Europe or Australia might supply us an under the radar big man, that can complement what we already have on the roster. Maybe drag the opposing center out of the lane, and free up space for Judah, JJ, and Chance. Man, would love an Andrew Gaze type of player from Aussie land.

Starting to think Europe or Australia might supply us an under the radar big man, that can complement what we already have on the roster. Maybe drag the opposing center out of the lane, and free up space for Judah, JJ, and Chance. Man, would love an Andrew Gaze type of player from Aussie land.
Gaze was only about 6'7. We need our own version of Pittsnoggle.

Tipton just said “several” portal commits are coming today

I meant IF (when the window is closing).

Hoping for rabbit out of hat until then...

Hmmmm

hey-there-turn-around.gif

In all seriousness though this dudes per 40 numbers are a big meh.