2023-24 Portal Options | Page 101 | Syracusefan.com

2023-24 Portal Options

Some of the luster definitely wore off on Ingram a bit this year. He was viewed as a potential 1st due to his age and perceived potential and he didn’t make the leap they expected. But perhaps on a more talented team he’ll prosper more. We’ll see. I think getting Ingram was a nice move but the team still might not ultimately be all that good.

Yeah I feel like Ingram/Bacot and Withers is a weird mix of guys that like to occupy the same spots on the floor and then Withers and Ingram really are not reliable shooters. Ryan and the Wojczik kid can shoot it but also are somewhat the same player.

Withers did shoot 41.3 from 3 but he did so in mostly blowouts where he was getting pointless open looks.

Last edited:
Why sign Ryan then?
Full desperation mode.

He’s gone if they miss the tournament again and I don’t think their roster makes any sense. And we know what that looks like.

Deans Pod is a great listen tonight
I was listening to some of it earlier. Without saying anything specific, should I go back and listen to any part. I listened to the first 10 minutes.

Our recruiting philosophy for center is to sell HIMA and all of a sudden Carey at forward. Not encouraged to hear and our center options are dwindling by the second

Which coach shared this with you?

He won’t be Orange.
C361AA18-E43D-4EB3-8D48-4981354A090C.gif

Bama will be hunting for another guard
Will they be hunting with a gun?

Now that a NC is out of play, Nate has apparently seen the light, but ole Roy Williams said UNC players caught with guns and pot could babysit his grand kids.

I was listening to some of it earlier. Without saying anything specific, should I go back and listen to any part. I listened to the first 10 minutes.
If you want to hear about NIL you need to start listening at about 56 minutes.

Last edited:
Our recruiting philosophy for center is to sell HIMA and all of a sudden Carey at forward. Not encouraged to hear and our center options are dwindling by the second
Time to start tampering and offer a bigger bag then!

He won’t be Orange.

If you listen to the sand timer close enough you can almost hear it count “one Mississippi, two Mississippi…”

Ugh...that's very disappointing to hear, yet not surprising at all. This roster, on paper, would have been something to really get excited about if we landed Cisse and Judah returned.

Ugh...that's very disappointing to hear, yet not surprising at all. This roster, on paper, would have been something to really get excited about if we landed Cisse and Judah returned.
If he could even play. He’s a two time transfer.

If he could even play. He’s a two time transfer.

Yeah we need guys who we know are going to be able to hit the court if we are going via the portal. The waiver alone is a what if... not sure how NIL is managed around that kind of situation either. Can't be easy. That's not even counting the fact he is also international

He won’t be Orange.

If you listen to the sand timer close enough you can almost hear it count “one Mississippi, two Mississippi…”

Should have read a little more before posting please lol

This is a shame out of all the centers in the portal I thought he was the best fit for the roster if Mintz came back. That included Jesse. He seemed to be exactly what we needed. Sucks.

So with Hunter and Cisse both being no-gos, are there any options that we know for sure we're pursuing right now?