2023-24 Portal Options | Page 108 | Syracusefan.com

2023-24 Portal Options

Looks like his HS is listed as NBA Academy (Africa). He is from Senegal. Same country as BMK.

Originally attended Akron?

Guessing for him, location is not very important. I bet a phone call from Baye would help a lot.

In the Givony article he mentioned this was a mental health decision and he wanted to be closer to family and friends he has here in the states.

In the Givony article he mentioned this was a mental health decision and he wanted to be closer to family and friends he has here in the states.
Here is a link to that article.

Does anyone know where is family and friends are located?

This is wild and I absolutely LOVE it
Beyond wild and annoying that we can’t capitalize on one of these guys but there has to be connections with at least of these bigs from somewhere

Beyond wild and annoying that we can’t capitalize on one of these guys but there has to be connections with at least of these bigs from somewhere
You seem to panic a lot over this stuff. Just a suggestion, sit back for the next 2 weeks and see how it all plays out. The situation is still fluid in terms of players entering the portal and the evaluation process, in turn, needs to be ongoing. Would you rather see them "capitalize" on someone, anyone now because you are annoyed or can you accept that maybe they will continue to look for the best fit?

This is wild and I absolutely LOVE it
Tough time to be a coach. Must be tough to sleep at night wondering what tomorrow is going to bring. The sharks are circling, especially if there is as much as one drop of blood in the water. You have to be on offense and defense at the same time.

Last edited:
You seem to panic a lot over this stuff. Just a suggestion, sit back for the next 2 weeks and see how it all plays out. The situation is still fluid in terms of players entering the portal and the evaluation process, in turn, needs to be ongoing. Would you rather see them "capitalize" on someone, anyone now because you are annoyed or can you accept that maybe they will continue to look for the best fit?

We should be in panic mode given the last several years…we have settled for mediocrity and frankly I’m tired of it. I’m glad to see red recruit like we should have been doing all along but we also seem to be slow to the gate on NIL. No reasons given the talent out there in the portal why we can’t compete for a title next year.

Wonder what Hop’s connection is with Kentucky players? Wheeler, Quade Green and Brooks - all transfers from KY who landed at Washington with Mike.

Hop recruited Quade while he was still at Syracuse.

Here is the thing, this whole NIL thing is so messed up in terms of both conceptualization and execution, it is such a lame attempt to still draw some sort of dividing line between amateurs and professional athletes.

Why does it have to be only "NIL"? If a student athlete decides hey I want to be paid during school year by mowing someone's lawn or teaching someone how to play a piano, I can't because it's not based on NIL. Why not? Every other student can do it. it makes no sense.

Why does amateur has to turn pro but a pro can't turn amateur? What logic is that? Why can't Lebron James say I am going to retire and I have made enough so I want to experience college, get a degree and play some college ball, why not? This whole NIL thing is a pretense. Just let everyone in. A pro that got drafted two years ago into the NBA can't make the cut and get a second contract wants to come back to college and get paid some NIL and finish a degree, why the heck not? Let them back in!

Stop pretending this is pure amateurism. It's not and no one believe it to be anyway.

Last edited:
Here is the thing, this whole NIL thing is so messed up in terms of both conceptualization and execution, it is such a lame attempt to still draw some sort of dividing line between amateurs and professional athletes.

Why does it have to be only "NIL"? If a student athlete decides hey I want to be paid during school year by mowing someone's lawn or teaching someone how to play a piano, I can't because it's not based on NIL. Why not? Every other student can do it. it makes no sense.

Why does amateur has to turn pro but a pro can't turn amateur? What logic is that? Why can't Lebron James say I am going to retire and I have made enough so I want to experience college, get a degree and play some college ball, why not? This whole NIL thing is a pretense. Just let everyone in. A pro that got drafted two years ago into the NBA can't make the cut and get a second contract wants to come back to college and get paid some NIL and finish a degree, why the heck not? Let them back in!

Stop pretending this is pure amateurism. It's not and no one believe it to me anyway.
These are some interesting ideas.

Stop pretending this is pure amateurism. It's not and no one believe it to me anyway.

Interesting post. The only issue here would be you would have to have some form of re enrollment portal etc if players could return to college and wish to use remaining eligibility among other restrictions.