2023-24 Portal Options | Page 122 | Syracusefan.com

2023-24 Portal Options

And Benny would have to grow 2-3 inches
Benny Williams is plenty tall enough... He's taller than Dennis Rodman, to reference one great rebounder. He's 5 inches taller than Paul Harris. Height isn't his problem.

I think he'll be alright, but McLeod isn't a great rebounder either. We'll be putting out a lineup with two big guys who are slightly below average rebounders, along with three guards.

If so, either some players need to refocus and improve their rebounding or we will need to do very well in turnover margin. Otherwise we will have a huge negative margin in number of possessions per game. Teams who routinely get out rebounded have to have very efficient offenses and very strong defenses to win games.

Many of JB's teams did it during the best zone defenses, but it's hard for fans to watch teams play dump and chase at your basket.

All of these comments (other than Jackson being older at 22) from NBA scouts and others feel very relevant to the Judah situation as well.
Yup. I thought it was a good article. Bottom line is probably worst case scenario that Judah gets drafted in 2nd round and signs some type of guaranteed contract.

However, lots can happen at the combine. There are lots of good players there. Things can improve or things can remain status quo. I think even if a player tanks at the combine, their agent would still get them into private workouts for teams with similarly skilled players.

I don't think Judah would ever be lost for confidence which will always help him.

Yup. I thought it was a good article. Bottom line is probably worst case scenario that Judah gets drafted in 2nd round and signs some type of guaranteed contract.

However, lots can happen at the combine. There are lots of good players there. Things can improve or things can remain status quo. I think even if a player tanks at the combine, their agent would still get them into private workouts for teams with similarly skilled players.

I don't think Judah would ever be lost for confidence which will always help him.

Just looking at that list comprehensively for the first time I don't see maybe more than a few guys who could stay in front of Judah if any. Sort of really hits home now.

5th year guy , local, shot it at 37 pct from 3 this past year. 2 to 1 Assist to TO ratio. Wouldn't be an awful addition at guard.
I'm not going to pretend and say I've got a good handle on his game, since I can count on one hand the number of Cincy games I've watched over the last 10 years and I can't remember Mika playing. But I'm less optimistic than you are and I'm OK with that. His advanced stats are pretty pedestrian for a guy who got as many minutes as he did. And his 3P% swung wildly between his junior year and senior year on the ~same number of attempts, so even though he has a great FT%, I'm concerned since team 3P shooting could be real weak spot for SU and a regression is going to be painful to watch.

Running out previously recruited kids and a couple of locals who weren't good enough to get run here the first time around is a little underwhelming and reminds me too much of previous seasons. As a Symir replacement, sure, I guess. But as a starter, consider me unimpressed.

I'm not going to pretend and say I've got a good handle on his game, since I can count on one hand the number of Cincy games I've watched over the last 10 years and I can't remember Mika playing. But I'm less optimistic than you are and I'm OK with that. His advanced stats are pretty pedestrian for a guy who got as many minutes as he did. And his 3P% swung wildly between his junior year and senior year on the ~same number of attempts, so even though he has a great FT%, I'm concerned since team 3P shooting could be real weak spot for SU and a regression is going to be painful to watch.

Running out previously recruited kids and a couple of locals who weren't good enough to get run here the first time around is a little underwhelming and reminds me too much of previous seasons. As a Symir replacement, sure, I guess. But as a starter, consider me unimpressed.

Fair take. I will just add a lot of Cincy fans aren't happy. That jump from Jr to Sr year had them excited for what a fifth year with this kid could bring. We can take that fwiw...

The portal options for bigtime guards have been limited. You could go out and get a Ty Larr as a frosh. That's intriguing but it still leaves us with very little experience at guard.

I'm not super high/optimistic. I look at the two additions plus Quadir as those that could jump off the page. Mika would just be an experienced source of stability in the backcourt who makes what he can of such an opportunity or doesn't. Personally - I'm not sure I am a big fan of bringing in another last minute freshman as an alternative the more I think about it That was why Judah coming back was best case as it's proven talent and experience.

All this could be for nothing and it's Quadir anyways so..

I'll just add I think that while the portal is free agency it becomes too much of looking at it like the NBA vs college athletes. Throwing money and a good sales pitch at every top guy sounds fun - but it's not really that simple. Lotta guys aren't good fits for programs and others create a weird dynamic once they take a monster payday to come play. Its why this new normal has so much negative impact to the college game but also why I don't think we can think about as just going out spending money and we will have a contender. Anyways we will see what we get in Jesse and Judahs stead soon enough.

In all honesty, I think Judah is gone at this point.
But a line up of

starters || Bench
Adams-woods || Copeland
Starling || Taylor
Westry || Bell
Benny || Brown
McLeod || Hima

That’s one of the more athletic teams we’ve had in awhile. That’s one of the better starting ups we’ve had in awhile. Lots of versatility which Red loves. And the bench is returning players who hopefully will take that next step. This team definitely has potential and I don’t see us losing to Colgate next year LOL

In all honesty, I think Judah is gone at this point.
But a line up of

starters || Bench
Adams-woods || Copeland
Starling || Taylor
Westry || Bell
Benny || Brown
McLeod || Hima

That’s one of the more athletic teams we’ve had in awhile. That’s one of the better starting ups we’ve had in awhile. Lots of versatility which Red loves. And the bench is returning players who hopefully will take that next step. This team definitely has potential and I don’t see us losing to Colgate next year LOL

It's a solid team to transition into adding Moore, Freeman etc.

I'm excited to see what Griff could do with a 7-4 dude who can run the floor. Not gonna try and set expectations just seems we have some things that have a positive direction right now. Hopefully that includes Mika for Judah once Judah officially is gone.

Naheem also deleted his "visiting Miss ST" visit tweet.
Miss State had Jimmy Bell in for a visit the last few days who is similar in profile to McLeod. From the sounds of things, it went well to the point their 247 guy put in a crystal ball for them to land him. Thinking that takes them out of the McLeod sweepstakes.

Fair take. I will just add a lot of Cincy fans aren't happy. That jump from Jr to Sr year had them excited for what a fifth year with this kid could bring. We can take that fwiw...

The portal options for bigtime guards have been limited. You could go out and get a Ty Larr as a frosh. That's intriguing but it still leaves us with very little experience at guard.

I'm not super high/optimistic. I look at the two additions plus Quadir as those that could jump off the page. Mika would just be an experienced source of stability in the backcourt who makes what he can of such an opportunity or doesn't. Personally - I'm not sure I am a big fan of bringing in another last minute freshman as an alternative the more I think about it That was why Judah coming back was best case as it's proven talent and experience.

All this could be for nothing and it's Quadir anyways so..
I don't know, I was just reading their forum and they don't seem that upset about it. Mika Transferring

Sounds promising - some good answers. Like the response to playing HD.

Kind of an awkward time to do the interview- he sounds like a kid who already decided tbh but we will see.

Let's hope... supposedly he's taking another visit to an SEC school "later in the week", but later is already here with the deadline tomorrow...

Let's hope... supposedly he's taking another visit to an SEC school "later in the week", but later is already here with the deadline tomorrow...
Tomorrow is the deadline to enter the portal, not to commit to a new school. The guys in the portal as of tomorrow have plenty of time to take visits and find a new home.

Tomorrow is the deadline to enter the portal, not to commit to a new school. The guys in the portal as of tomorrow have plenty of time to take visits and find a new home.

OK cool... when does the transfer window end for portal commits?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom