2023-24 Portal Options | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

2023-24 Portal Options

Yeah I think Brown’s athleticism is severely overlooked simply because he doesn’t have big time bounce and play above the rim. He actually moves really well and has excellent hands. Against the press I thought he did a great job staying in front of the ball and gets his hands on a lot of passes. I remember him saying he played wr and qb in high school so could explain some of it.

Agree. Brown needs to get stronger because he has good hands and could definitely be an inside presence by increasing hand and arm strength.

Andre Jackson doesn’t help this team next season if Edwards, Benny, Starling and Mintz are the other 4 starters. We need a guy who can score at that position. When UConn has struggled this year it is because other teams let Jackson shoot. Having athletes is great, but you need shooting too. It's precisely why Hop has struggled to build good teams in Washington. He went to far in on athleticism and short on shot making.

You know the moment someone puts a "what if" out there - it gets legs quickly.

Portal Options…

Eh, how about guys who aren’t in the portal, yeah that’s the ticket! That’s who we want!

We can snag Victor Wembanyama to replace Jesse. Brandon Miller can play SF. We can get Filipowski back here easily.

Mintz
Starling
Miller
Filipowski
Wembanyama

I mean it’s probably the most realistic lineup I can think of guys.

Portal Options…

Eh, how about guys who aren’t in the portal, yeah that’s the ticket! That’s who we want!

We can snag Victor Wembanyama to replace Jesse. Brandon Miller can play SF. We can get Filipowski back here easily.

Mintz
Starling
Miller
Filipowski
Wembanyama

I mean it’s probably the most realistic lineup I can think of guys.

Championship

You know the moment someone puts a "what if" out there - it gets legs quickly.
brian-windhorst.jpg

Yeah I think Brown’s athleticism is severely overlooked simply because he doesn’t have big time bounce and play above the rim. He actually moves really well and has excellent hands. Against the press I thought he did a great job staying in front of the ball and gets his hands on a lot of passes. I remember him saying he played wr and qb in high school so could explain some of it.

I really like Brown, was becoming my favorite player near the end of the season. He's one of those guys, if you watch the games, he always seems to be in the right spot somehow. Some guys just have that knack consciously or just innately and he gets a lot of rebounds and put backs from that. He's just always kind of there.

This may sound like a really dumb thing to say but it's not always true for all players. If you look at his game stats, when he got minutes he rebounded well, shot a good % and scored. To me he's a high efficiency player and I think he's going to be an important piece moving forward if he gets more minutes.

Last edited:
I really like Brown, was becoming my favorite player near the end of the season. He's one of those guys, if you watch the games, he always seems to be in the right spot somehow. Some guys just have that knack consciously or just innately and he gets a lot of rebounds and put backs from that. He's just always kind of there.

This may sound like a really dumb thing to say but it's not always true. If you look at his game stats, when he got minutes he rebounded well, shot a good % and scored. To me he's a high efficiency player and I think he's going to be an important piece moving forward if he gets more minutes.
100% agree w/ Maliq

He had foot surgery in October last year, and his production fell off by 1/3.
They also appear to have recruited over him.

Also basically put up stats for bad teams for 4 years.

Good. Didn't seem like a fit to me, once we signed JJ.
I honestly don't see that Texas Tech kid, either. Too similar to the 2 guys we already have.