2023-24 Portal Options | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

2023-24 Portal Options

Adrian Autry was his main recruiter! That means they have a relationship that could help us land him. I know he had an up and down season but I love his potential and athleticism. I would love to see him in the backcourt with Judah. Some folks over the past week voiced that they don't like that backcourt for lack of shooting, but Judah's shooting came on strong at the end of the year and both guys can improve from now till the season starts. Besides, I like a team that can run and get out in transition (which should help Benny).

Last edited:
Can anyone tell me if it would be viable to get JJ and the kid from TTU or do they overlap position-wise / skill set?

Would love to get JJ, but I cant see him coming unless he was assured a starting role, which means that Joe or Judah would not be returning.

Ideally, Judah stays and Joe goes and we land JJ.

Dont get me wrong about Joe, i really like what he has accomplished, but if we are to be an aggressive team playing M2M and running then JJ is probably a better fit.

Would love to get JJ, but I cant see him coming unless he was assured a starting role, which means that Joe or Judah would not be returning.

Ideally, Judah stays and Joe goes and we land JJ.

Dont get me wrong about Joe, i really like what he has accomplished, but if we are to be an aggressive team playing M2M and running then JJ is probably a better fit.
I'm with you on JGIII. No disrespect, but I think that's run its course at SU. I'd take JJ over a return of JGIII at this point.

IF JJ comes here to replace Joe it will be imperative to have knockdown shooters at the 3 and 4.
Agree we would need more three point shooting, but both Judah and JJ shot around 30% from distance. Judah was really improving as the season wore on. Dont know about JJ in that respect, but if between the two of them they could average around 35% we would be fine.

That would be a solid, but not unreasonable improvement to hope for from two very talented sophs.

IF JJ comes here to replace Joe it will be imperative to have knockdown shooters at the 3 and 4.
Bell is supposed to be a knockdown shooter, hopefully he can show that next year. At the same time, while Benny isn't a knockdown shooter, he has looked better shooting this year and I really think he's going to put it together next year.. hopefully at Cuse!

Bell is supposed to be a knockdown shooter, hopefully he can show that next year. At the same time, while Benny isn't a knockdown shooter, he has looked better shooting this year and I really think he's going to put it together next year.. hopefully at Cuse!
I think Benny should model his game after Southerland. He should never dribble. Not saying he's the shooter Southerland was yet, but he really started to come on late in the season.

I want them both.

Benny at the 4 if he can keep improving.

Jesse and Judah back. Let's roll.
Can Benny hit the glass hard enough at the 4 game in and game out? I am not sure he he has that mindset. We need to pair Jesse if he returns with a 4 that can rebound.