2023-24 Portal Options | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

2023-24 Portal Options

I think he can in a more clearly defined role amongst better players, yes.

I think he can be more focused under Red.
So checked to be sure. Benny averaged 4.1 boards in 22 minutes. If more playing time can translate to averaging over 8 boards, coupled with more points (this year averaged 7.2 per) it could work. Need him to be a 12/8 guy at the 4.

Shaw and Slater both already hinting at him coming to the hill... is it odd that a player enters the portal and immediately has predictions of where he is going?

750F9A33-D1C9-402E-AF08-7B4451AD6E71.jpeg

This morning he didn’t have a prediction. Just updated to cuse 100%!

Makes too much sense as a native. I'll be really interested in seeing how he fits for next season, though. JJ can provide more defensively than Joe can without a lot of drop-off offensively, but would JJ be willing to begin the season on the bench and would Joe be willing to give up 12-15 MPG?

It's a much easier fit if either Joe leaves or Judah leaves and Symir takes over at PG.

Makes too much sense as a native. I'll be really interested in seeing how he fits for next season, though. JJ can provide more defensively than Joe can without a lot of drop-off offensively, but would JJ be willing to begin the season on the bench and would Joe be willing to give up 12-15 MPG?

It's a much easier fit if either Joe leaves or Judah leaves and Symir takes over at PG.
Joe has to be out. JJ would be coming here to start with Mintz. I appreciate what Joe brought the past few years but he does not fit where this team is going.

Actually having two guards that can attack the rim would be a first. It’s been years since we had two guards who can penetrate.

2011-2012 in my opinion there were 3.5 and MCW and Triche returned the next year

Dion
Triche
MCW

and to a lesser extent even Scoop could get there

Joe has to be out. JJ would be coming here to start with Mintz. I appreciate what Joe brought the past few years but he does not fit where this team is going.
Oh I think so too, but I think most would agree that it'd be a pretty aggressive move by Autry to basically push Joe out so early on. Not saying it can't or shouldn't happen but I'd definitely be intrigued.

Shaw and Slater both already hinting at him coming to the hill... is it odd that a player enters the portal and immediately has predictions of where he is going?
Solid relationship with Red and our assistants along with the possibility of teaming up with another star in Judah in his hometown. No more exclusive zone (these kids care about that because of the negative recruiting against us being a zone team over the last decade) and yea id say we have a good shot!

Already has a Prediction to Syracuse on ON3

Guy has an article that says "a leader has emerged for former..." posted 2 hours ago, didnt the guy enter the portal at like 9 am?
I know this might be shocking, given the bastion of cleanliness That is the NCAA, but there are probably some back channel conversations before people hit the portal.

JJ's film this season paints a prettier picture than the numbers. I think he's going to be a star.

Make it happen
Yeah, people needed to look beyond the stats to understand the type of player JJ is. Physical, athletic, dynamic combo/scoring guard. He and Judah will put a lot of stress on defenses just off of dribble penetration alone.

Huge start for Red's off season.

As much as the JJ news is exciting, I'm thoroughly waiting/on the edge of my seat for the Center that we get to transfer in. I know guards are so important in our program but having a good center just helps so much