2023-24 Portal Options | Page 49 | Syracusefan.com

2023-24 Portal Options

If such the case then the only option is JT or Copeland leaving and being replaced.
I’m pumped for the Red era, but we have little shooting and defense is a massive question mark. I question the motor on some of these guys too. I think we end up better than we have been but this coming year could be rough. At the end of the day we lost a big time scorer, gained a guy who we’re hoping who lives up to potential after he stunk for a bottom feeder and getting our jollies off about another guy who stunk for a bottom feeder in Westry.

I’m pumped for the Red era, but we have little shooting and defense is a massive question mark. I question the motor on some of these guys too. I think we end up better than we have been but this coming year could be rough. At the end of the day we lost a big time scorer, gained a guy who we’re hoping who lives up to potential after he stunk for a bottom feeder and getting our jollies off about another guy who stunk for a bottom feeder in Westry.

Westry to me would be depth at best. Don't understand anyone who could see him as a key piece day 1.

JJ wasn't great but wouldn't go so far in saying he stunk... Breys system was a disaster this year.

The big question is which bandaid does the staff ripoff. The one where they just go in with mostly returning youngsters in a more aggressive system or recruit over/ have a talk and bring in 2 bigtime transfers.

Last edited:
So, with respect to the coaching changes and the exception of the addition of JJ Starling, Syracuse and HCAA has not yet demonstrated any more success in recruiting/portal than JAB did.

Supposedly, Syracuse before the change in coaching had been contacted by a number of possible transfers (including Starling). HCAA is doing all the needed steps to bring new players in. He will have success but he needs to show something in this portal to show a changing trend.
Red closed on JJ, if you think that was a sure thing if JB had stayed you haven’t been paying attention. The fact that Red is going after more portal guys and, gasp, going to watch recruits in person, is an improvement unto itself.

Auburn was a bottom feeder? Ok..

Westry to me would be depth at best. Don't understand anyone who could see him as a key piece day 1.

JJ wasn't great but wouldn't go so far in saying he stunk... Breys system was a disaster this year.

The big question is which bandaid does the staff ripoff. The one where they just go in with mostly returning youngsters in a more aggressive system or recruit over/ have a talk and bring in 2 bigtime transfers.
JJ will be very, very, good for us. A frosh playing with 4 grads is always tough. He got off to a rough start but was playing better before he hot hurt.

I’ve been going back and forth on getting one. Problem is I’m not in my 20’s anymore and I can’t spend 5-6 hrs every night playing it. Well….. I can do that I guess but….
Yeah I hear ya but if you have a teenager it's a great reason to scratch that itch if you still got it. I am 54 and play Rainbow 6, DbD and War Thunder which is actually a pretty cool free play operating tanks, fighter planes and navy warships from prior world wars. Do it if you like it man.

I see the pendulum is swinging from natty to struggling to hit .500 next season, all before this season is over. Some folks need step away from the ol keyboard and go rake some leaves or something.
We struggled to hit 500 this season and didn’t hit it last season and lost our leading scorer and could lose a lot more. The change in defense I think will be good long term, but they looked worse playing man last year than zone. I don’t get all of these “we’re back”, back where?

Again, long term, love our outlook, this next season world beater stuff is utter ridiculous.

That part was a joke. I was pretending I was getting it for but really it’s for me
CoD is amazing. I’m 55 and I’m still loving playing all the CoDs. Just bought MW3 and 4 again, and graphically, even though they‘re relatively old, they’re still spectacular and as much fun as when that code was new. The exception? The latest CoD sucks out loud. The only one in the franchise I won’t even bother to try to finish.

Also, NBA2k23 is insanely good. I have never liked any of the previous versions. This one? I’m addicted and I keep marveling at now incredible it is—just all the different permutations of animations.

My absurd 2K23 90s era roster:
Lakers—
Magic
Jordan
me
Shawn Kemp
Rony Seikaly

Derrick Coleman
Penny Hardaway
James Worthy
Danny Shayes
Joe Dumars

We have two of the fastest, quickest and most exciting guards in college. We could use one more shooter but Bell and Taylor and Benny can all do that. Judah showed improvement, JJ can shoot. I know we don't have a 38 to 40 pct guy but we should be ok in that area. I think we want Westry at this point. If Judah stays and Jesse stays how many ACC teams would be better.

We have two of the fastest, quickest and most exciting guards in college. We could use one more shooter but Bell and Taylor and Benny can all do that. Judah showed improvement, JJ can shoot. I know we don't have a 38 to 40 pct guy but we should be ok in that area. I think we want Westry at this point. If Judah stays and Jesse stays how many ACC teams would be better.
At this point no one knows, because the rosters are nowhere near final. What if Filipowski, for some reason, decides to come back? Maybe a team or 2 finds portal gold the way Pitt did this past year.

Yeah I hear ya but if you have a teenager it's a great reason to scratch that itch if you still got it. I am 54 and play Rainbow 6, DbD and War Thunder which is actually a pretty cool free play operating tanks, fighter planes and navy warships from prior world wars. Do it if you like it man.

Not to derail thread but when I stopped playing….. playing COD online stopped being fun. When PS first went online they did a great job of making rooms based on similar skill set, if that’s what you were looking for. Last time I played a lot, which is still not enough time be competitive with kids, even the game rooms that should have been for losers like me. You’d be dead as soon as you respawned half the time.

Have they gotten better at creating differentiating rooms?

At this point no one knows, because the rosters are nowhere near final. What if Filipowski, for some reason, decides to come back? Maybe a team or 2 finds portal gold the way Pitt did this past year.
Still have same problem. Are Fowards.

Not to derail thread but when I stopped playing….. playing COD online stopped being fun. When PS first went online they did a great job of making rooms based on similar skill set, if that’s what you were looking for. Last time I played a lot, which is still not enough time be competitive with kids, even the game rooms that should have been for losers like me. You’d be dead as soon as you respawned half the time.

Yes.

But the line between “wow this is really fun and I’m doing very well” and “I am playing a different video game than these people” is very thin.

I’ve been going back and forth on getting one. Problem is I’m not in my 20’s anymore and I can’t spend 5-6 hrs every night playing it. Well….. I can do that I guess but….
Do it. If you have streaming services you can also use it for that. You are gonna want it for when they finally bring NCAA football back next year. Cuse about to win 10 consecutive natty’s haha

Do it. If you have streaming services you can also use it for that. You are gonna want it for when they finally bring NCAA football back next year. Cuse about to win 10 consecutive natty’s haha

I'm saving my binge playing for the return of ncaafb. If only ncaa hoops had a chance of returning too :/

Red closed on JJ, if you think that was a sure thing if JB had stayed you haven’t been paying attention. The fact that Red is going after more portal guys and, gasp, going to watch recruits in person, is an improvement unto itself.
Per the Will to Win, Boeheim rarely went out recruiting, even in 2002.

Oh, yeah—in my CoD comments I neglected to add that I never play online. Strictly campaign modes.