2023-24 Portal Options | Page 84 | Syracusefan.com

2023-24 Portal Options

Seems like Red really has to deliver another portal commit within the next week or the natives will really start to riot. If he starts accepting commitments from low D1 schools we are in trouble and it’s setting the tone for a very long rebuild.

….and we started off so strong with JJ……SMH
How about a low D-I school like Arkansas State? That's where Omier played his freshman year, before starting at center for FF Miami.

Ok so the more I watch of tape on Cisse... I really hope he becomes our top target. I like HD a lot. I think Cisse is a better fit. I also think he brings an energy that would match well with this group we have coming back. He would be great for Hima, Carey and Patterson to be around in practice with how aggressive he plays. OKst lacked the kind of guard play needed to take advantage of such a weapon. We, assuming Judah returns, won't have that issue.

He could get 29/30 mins a game and average a double double and get on NBA radars because of his size and potential.

Ok so the more I watch of tape on Cisse... I really hope he becomes our top target. I like HD a lot. I think Cisse is a better fit. I also think he brings an energy that would match well with this group we have coming back. He would be great for Hima, Carey and Patterson to be around in practice with how aggressive he plays. OKst lacked the kind of guard play needed to take advantage of such a weapon. We, assuming Judah returns, won't have that issue.

He could get 29/30 mins a game and average a double double and get on NBA radars because of his size and potential.
Cisse is my top target as well. Need a portal scorer.

The portal scorer is where I wonder if we fall short. Westry doesn't fit that mold. Hoping other names do pop up though over time for that role so Bell/Taylor are off bench. Wouldn't mind a smaller school guy too... haven't looked at who is out there as much since Moore went off table.

The portal scorer is where I wonder if we fall short. Westry doesn't fit that mold. Hoping other names do pop up though over time for that role so Bell/Taylor are off bench. Wouldn't mind a smaller school guy too... haven't looked at who is out there as much since Moore went off table.
There will be more options entering the portal. Hopefully we land a good fit.

Where are we on Cisse? With some of the page lengths of some of the threads I can’t remember if he’s visiting or we’ve just reached out?

Where are we on Cisse? With some of the page lengths of some of the threads I can’t remember if he’s visiting or we’ve just reached out?

Just reached out. Everything around him is radio silence that I've seen so far. Was hoping with Red traveling recently maybe he made his rounds to catch up with Cisse or others etc..

Just reached out. Everything around him is radio silence that I've seen so far. Was hoping with Red traveling recently maybe he made his rounds to catch up with Cisse or others etc..

Thanks!

You’re looking at a former high school Peter’s employee
Star Wars Salute GIF
Former Fayetteville Mall employee representing here, then got a job at the baseball card store in the actual mall two weeks after getting hired at Peters and never looked back.
Me Too Omg GIF by Bounce

Former Fayetteville Mall employee representing here, then got a job at the baseball card store in the actual mall two weeks after getting hired at Peters and never looked back.
Me Too Omg GIF by Bounce
I also worked at Dick's Sporting Goods in Shoppingtown Mall in it's early years of opening up... I worked in the shoe department (as you can probably tell by my current status on the board;)) - My first month I had the highest sales in the entire store, after that it wasn't the case as things got more comfortable, haha. Lasted a little less than a year if I remember correctly before transitioning to Redfield's Restaurant in what was then the Marx Hotel, then the Radisson, then the Renaissance? Shoutout former failing Mall employees!

I also worked at Dick's Sporting Goods in Shoppingtown Mall in it's early years of opening up... I worked in the shoe department (as you can probably tell by my current status on the board;)) - My first month I had the highest sales in the entire store, after that it wasn't the case as things got more comfortable, haha. Shoutout former failing Mall employees!
It’s amazing how fast you can go from being the model employee with wide eyes and having your dreams crushed within a month when you realize you get paid exactly $0 more than the slackers. I’m glad I worked my last retail job my first year in college.

Any former Great Northern or Pen Can employees around here? Lol

As others have said, Cisse has a crazy motor. It would be great if we could land him.

As others have said, Cisse has a crazy motor. It would be great if we could land him.
Any concerns Cisse would have to sit a year? He already transferred from Memphis to Okie St. I guess he’s going the “mental health” route.

Any concerns Cisse would have to sit a year? He already transferred from Memphis to Okie St. I guess he’s going the “mental health” route.

Waivers are handed out like candy so don't think so?...

He is a dreadful foul shooter. Less than 50%. He went to the line quite a few times.

Which is one minor reason why he isn't the top overall portal prospect. Have the staff work with him. His defense is elite, he is great on the glass and plays angry with a high motor.

Which is one minor reason why he isn't the top overall portal prospect. Have the staff work with him. His defense is elite, he is great on the glass and plays angry with a high motor.
Has he even been mentioned having interest in SU? We’ve expressed interest, but has he reciprocated? I’m sure Woody will give him the lowdown.

Has he even been mentioned having interest in SU? We’ve expressed interest, but has he reciprocated? I’m sure Woody will give him the lowdown.

We reached out. He hasn't mentioned interest in any team yet.