2023-24 Portal Options | Page 96 | Syracusefan.com

2023-24 Portal Options

In this environment you won't see that... at least not with higher ranked portal guys.

I agree, in an equitable world...

However, based on history, we have reason to be concerned when we're in a position where the NCAA could screw us.

So, we got a new ass't coach except we didn't hear much about it for weeks. We got a transfer guard this week that no one heard a peep about for weeks. That seems to be the way Red wants to work. I have confidence that the coaches are way ahead of what we are hearing and that when we get a center, he will be good and the verbal will be somewhat out of the blue.
Run.jpeg

If we can’t land a Cisse type, this is the guy. Idn why some in here aren’t happy with him. He’s not a stiff 7’4. He keeps gaining interest from more
And more top tier teams.

A kid like this is a hard read. Athletic and 7-4 can be completely untapped potential that can never click for the player or you can unlock a breakout player who terrorizes every opponent.

Yeah, he dunked all over us last year. Literally we couldn’t stop him.
With the athleticism and penetration skills of Westry, JJ and Judah, just imagine all the alley oops and quick dish dunks this guy would have in our offense. I would think our center opening would be a pretty juicy option for some of the strong interior players.

We’ve seen him play lol. Or at least many of us have. He’s not a raw HS kid.

That's not my point. What he did to us doesn't mean he can do that night in night out. It's about whether he can be a consistent contributor. That's been his issue and was even discussed by the crew who had the call on the FSU game.

I’d rather have McLeod play than any of the 3 current centers we have but i’d also like a guy with some bulk and offensive ability to complement him.

255 is decent even at 7-4. He added 25 lbs since he started at FSU get him up to 265/270 and that's a solid dude.

This would be an intriguing option not gonna lie. We know he is well coached, especially defensively under Hamilton. Its still a risky play as a Jesse replacement. If you go this way you have to make sure Brown adds 10-15 lbs to be able to be a stronger small ball 5. Also need Griff to really put in the hours and get everything out he can in one summer of work.

Last edited:
That's not my point. What he did to us doesn't mean he can do that night in night out. It's about whether he can be a consistent contributor. That's been his issue and was even discussed by the crew who had the call on the FSU game.
Mess around and have another Hima on your hands.