2023-24 Portal Options | Page 97 | Syracusefan.com

2023-24 Portal Options

Really hope McLeod is not the guy. Watched him a bunch over the last two years and to put it nicely he's not good. Would love to see us reach out to Batcho from Texas tech and would take Elijah Hutchins Everett somebody who we were previously involved with. Kind of have a feeling were not in the best spot with Cisse.

Imagine what other school’s fans say about our guys, if we are this critical of theirs!

Just remember... we won a national title with Craig Forth... and have had many other good teams without 5-star, all-conference centers.

Can we get PJ Hall for him?
That Hall kid is good. If he was at SU, he’d have declared by now regardless of his draft prediction or pre or post NIL. A 6’10” player shooting .398 from 3 and .563 inside the arc and almost 80% from the free throw line staying for his 4th year?

I just want to find toughness. Watching the Knicks today, they display toughness. Hart might be the best pickup at the trade deadline than anyone else. Guys like him just wills his team to win. Judah has some of that, but I’m not sure if there is anyone else. Whatever big Red brings it, he has to have toughness.

Just as I was getting excited about a Judah/JJ/Chance/Benny/Dickinson or Cisse lineup, I'm coming back down to Earth and realizing we're more likely going to be Chance/JJ/Bell/Benny/Mcleod or his equivalent. Those are two very different lineups - the former could be elite. A dominant big would change things but there's not many available so I expect we'll end up with a downgrade at that position. Given the distinct chance we don't get an elite big and Judah really might leave, do we think Red will pick up a true PG or a stud wing? I think he gets another guard, and he indicated as much recently, but that could be 1-3. I guess what I said before still stands -- just get the best player available. There's flexibility with our lineups.

Just as I was getting excited about a Judah/JJ/Chance/Benny/Dickinson or Cisse lineup, I'm coming back down to Earth and realizing we're more likely going to be Chance/JJ/Bell/Benny/Mcleod or his equivalent. Those are two very different lineups - the former could be elite. A dominant big would change things but there's not many available so I expect we'll end up with a downgrade at that position. Given the distinct chance we don't get an elite big and Judah really might leave, do we think Red will pick up a true PG or a stud wing? I think he gets another guard, and he indicated as much recently, but that could be 1-3. I guess what I said before still stands -- just get the best player available. There's flexibility with our lineups.

I'd bet there is another guard that's starting quality if Judah doesn't stay.

I hate seeing Joe in another uniform. Best for both parties but still doesn’t feel right.

Cuse
If you asked me what schools would be the worst possible fits for Jesse and Joe based on their skill sets, I would have said West Virginia and Clemson, respectively.

I will be fascinated to see how Jesse adjusts to the Huggy system. Same with Joe if he goes to the Tigers.