2023-24 Portal Options | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

2023-24 Portal Options

No he wasn’t
Here’s just one article that mentions it. There are more.

“McNamara, who was Taylor’s primary recruiter, likes Taylor’s versatility on the basketball court.’

Justin was a long time friend of Maliq Brown and told GMac about him. The rest is history. As you said there are plenty of articles telling the real story.

Here’s just one article 5hat mentions it. There are more.

“McNamara, who was Taylor’s primary recruiter, likes Taylor’s versatility on the basketball court.’
Yeah yeah yeah. I know I read something in the beginning of Taylor’s recruitment that mentioned Autry. They’re Team Takeover guys so feel like Autry established and Gerry took over. But whatever

If I am red, I am giving guys a few more days to decide their plans, but I probably want to grab at least 1 more guy from portal so I would be pressing Joe and Jesse.
Not necessary. Somebody will probably leave to create an opening. Also, if by chance Joe comes back as third guard, then symir would probably want to move on rather than be fourth guard.

Also, have to wonder if Carey will be good enough to earn court time. If not, maybe we can help him find a lower level spot.

Right now it has to be about upgrading talent and letting other chips fall where they may.

Yeah yeah yeah. I know I read something in the beginning of Taylor’s recruitment that mentioned Autry. They’re Team Takeover guys so feel like Autry established and Gerry took over. But whatever
Repeat after me, you might find it a helpful phrase based on your recent efforts:

"I was wrong, I am sorry"

Joe transferring would be interesting. I wonder where he’d end up? I feel like he’s too old/established at the P5 level to drop down. But if he wants to play P5 somewhere he’ll probably need to come off the bench if he wants to play for a good team

Joe transferring would be interesting. I wonder where he’d end up? I feel like he’s too old/established at the P5 level to drop down. But if he wants to play P5 somewhere he’ll probably need to come off the bench if he wants to play for a good team
I could see Pitino taking him if he went to St. Johns. He loves small 3 point shooters.

Give me both. We have seen flashes of Benny's potential and it looks like he is starting to find what he is good at when playing this level.
If we had the fully focused, attacking Benny, he could play for anyone. That just doesn't happen that often.

I want both Benny and Brown back. Their games' arent' similar enough and both can help a winning team.

We actually had forwards who cut put the ball on the floor and attack the rim. Our forwards were great this game. Fair was so good and Grant was everywhere. Great game!
And even though the announcers kept talking about Dukes offensive rebounding, we had 5 more rebounds.
It was allowing Duke to hit 15 3's that kept the game close.

At this point I’m so confident in Red that I’ll say Whoever Red wants :) Honestly though, I think our next portal pickup could tell us if someone on our current roster is leaving (ala Symir leaving after JJ announces). In that case I hope it’s NOT a center!

No rush, portal is only half full, if that. Whole lot of decent players waiting on their teams to finish postseason play before entering the portal. I'd imagine there will be plenty of former top 100 recruits looking for greener pastures.

I have no idea who it will be. That said, I think we will see who departs before we see who comes in. I really think Jesse is the main one. If he goes then I imagine C If he stays then it’s going to depend on who is in the portal. A forward but not sure it will be one that starts over Benny.

We will see. I will be surprised if we see another come in soon.