2023-24 Portal Options | Page 27 | Syracusefan.com

2023-24 Portal Options

We really should wait for the individual to hit the portal first but yes, his name has been mentioned the most in the last few pages who they are referring to
That takes all the fun out of it though.

Unless coaches know that we're losing one of our young forwards, I'm confused why SU would prioritize a wing at this point. Hicks doesn't look like he is much of an upgrade over our current forwards.

Unless coaches know that we're losing one of our young forwards, I'm confused why SU would prioritize a wing at this point. Hicks doesn't look like he is much of an upgrade over our current forwards.
Tell me how he doesn’t look like an upgrade from our current forwards? He scores more, rebounds more, and shoots better lol

Some information about Justin Moore, for those who aren't familiar with his game / capabilities:

Moore sat out Nova NIT game to get ready for pro ball. Not sure why the chatter that he would enter the portal and go to SU? Think he is a great player, G-League, fringe NBA. Maybe we are buying him with NIL money?

Red's job is to improve the roster. If that means recruiting over incumbents that came in before he was named HC, so be it.

Moore sat out Nova NIT game to get ready for pro ball. Not sure why the chatter that he would enter the portal and go to SU? Think he is a great player, G-League, fringe NBA. Maybe we are buying him with NIL money?
Sitting out the NIT for the pros was all propaganda. Coming off the injury he is coming off, he needs to go back to school and have a big year to even be considered for the draft.

If he did go pro, he'd be G-League or Europe bound. And then the grind begins.

Sitting out the NIT for the pros was all propaganda. Coming off the injury he is coming off, he needs to go back to school and have a big year to even be considered for the draft.

If he did go pro, he'd be G-League or Europe bound. And then the grind begins.
So he did a propaganda stunt? Why isnt he in the portal? Something does not add up here. Agree he is not a draft pick but why would he leave NOVA and sit out NIT game?

yeah, he does. The 5 rebounds a game alone does that. Plus, he is a fine shooter.

Maybe we have a bigger fish to reel in.
Hope so. The staff is incredibly tight lipped about this stuff right now. I mean, Los Alamos type of quiet. I have to give it to them. Having said that, I think we have a chance to be really good next year. I hope we don't over shoot and get stuck holding the bag. We have done that in the past.

6ft 8, 205

11ppg/4rpg/3apg/1spg

80% from the line, 47% from the field

From Philly. Played for Philly Pride AAU. Roman Catholic HS

Would look great on the top of the zone.

Ducks for cover.
ea1cc6a6-8072-4533-ba0b-6ce2be4ff9c2_text.gif