2023-24 Portal Options | Page 37 | Syracusefan.com

2023-24 Portal Options

Chance Westry is transferring from Auburn. Wouldn’t consider him a possibility, but just thought it was interesting that another recruit from that class has jumped ship.
As much as I liked Chance Westry as a recruit, it seems like he needs the ball in his hands like Judah and JJ will.

That 14-shot sample size really holds a ton of value for you.
I mean, if your a good shooter, you don't miss 14 straight over a spread of games

Eventually you get lucky and get 1 to drop.

People questioned JJ's shooting %s. 0% from 3 is worth questioning

I mean, if your a good shooter, you don't miss 14 straight over a spread of games

Eventually you get lucky and get 1 to drop.

People questioned JJ's shooting %s. 0% from 3 is worth questioning

Yeah, even dudes like Buss Patterson and Jalen Carey look down their noses at shooting like that.

Was Chance at least close with his misses?

I would think if Moore isn't going to happen I think Westry would get a call if we are for sure going to 3 guard lineup.

I'm not so sure. Westry and his camp were colossal pains in the arses. He didn't perform well enough at Auburn to make the coaching staff be willing to overlook that. Especially when there are undoubtedly better players who are in / will be in the portal, from areas that our re-constituited coaching staff is plugged into.

Just don't see this staff ever considering Westry again.

I am of the belief it is better to go after production, even if its from a smaller conference, than potential of a former 4 star recruit who has no production to show for it.

There are a lot of mid major guys who are good enough to play at the power 5/6 level.

I'm not so sure. Westry and his camp were colossal pains in the arses. He didn't perform well enough at Auburn to make the coaching staff be willing to overlook that. Especially when there are undoubtedly better players who are in / will be in the portal, from areas that our re-constituited coaching staff is plugged into.

Just don't see this staff ever considering Westry again.

Well hard to judge his performance based on the sample size so I wouldn't hold that against him due to injury.

Were they a pain in JB's arse? How much pain is Red putting up with compared to JB? Things are going to change what might have been a "pain" before might not be a pain anymore. (Talking in general not specifics) If Red loved him as a prospect and we didn't take him because JB didn't want to deal with him because he was a pain in the arse then we might make a call. If Red thinks he is a pain in the arse then I imagine we won't be calling.

Sooooo I wanted this kid bad last year. I want this kid even more with the way Red is going to run things. This kid would be great along side JJ, Judah, and if Jesse comes back. Athletic freak, and can run the floor like a gazelle.

He'd be a great "add" at SF.

Sooooo I wanted this kid bad last year. I want this kid even more with the way Red is going to run things. This kid would be great along side JJ, Judah, and if Jesse comes back. Athletic freak, and can run the floor like a gazelle.
1000%. He would have been a great 4 in the 2-3 but he fits in an up-and-down offense/pressure defense system even better.

Having watched 90% of his games this season I think he will thrive being in a more open offense. Biggest issue with him is that I don’t think he can defend guards at this level. He really struggled (was played out of position for “reasons”) against A10 competition in that aspect when he wasn’t playing the 4 or 5.

I think he would fit perfectly at the 4 here and could give some solid minutes at the 5 if he had to. I am still super high on Tafara as some posts on his recruiting thread show and would LOVE him at Cuse.

1000%. He would have been a great 4 in the 2-3 but he fits in an up-and-down offense/pressure defense system even better.

Having watched 90% of his games this season I think he will thrive being in a more open offense. Biggest issue with him is that I don’t think he can defend guards at this level. He really struggled (was played out of position for “reasons”) against A10 competition in that aspect when he wasn’t playing the 4 or 5.

I think he would fit perfectly at the 4 here and could give some solid minutes at the 5 if he had to. I am still super high on Tafara as some posts on his recruiting thread show and would LOVE him at Cuse.
He was 12th man on a mediocre team. I don’t get it.