2023-24 Portal Options | Page 63 | Syracusefan.com

2023-24 Portal Options

Cooley is going to be a headache.
Do you mean nice guy Ed Cooley who would never leave Providence because his wife is a cop there and he has roots there. And the same Ed Cooley who was thrown beaucoup bucks to become head coach at Georgetown after they fired a distinguished alumni who couldn't turn the program around.

Would it be a stretch to suggest that Georgetown makes the NCAAT before Syracuse does?

Cooley is going to be a headache.
I’m supportive of Red (have to give him a chance because he has the job and I’m a Syracuse fan first), but Cooley was my first choice for head coach. I was told by multiple posters he would never leave Providence. LOL

Red did start off things strong in the first week, but he’s quickly falling behind. Needs to really make a few more splashes or next year is looking pretty bad.

Do you mean nice guy Ed Cooley who would never leave Providence because his wife is a cop there and he has roots there. And the same Ed Cooley who was thrown beaucoup bucks to become head coach at Georgetown after they fired a distinguished alumni who couldn't turn the program around.

Would it be a stretch to suggest that Georgetown makes the NCAAT before Syracuse does?
Only took 4 losing seasons out of 5 to make the decision.

Angry Christian Pulisic GIF by DAZN

We just need talent. We can’t only be looking for a center. Go after grown men at the 3/4. Like nova used to do. If we have to play small, we play small. Let’s bring in some big time athletes instead of mediocre size.

Are we involved with any players? It sure doesn’t seem like it.
From the article it seems that reps for Jessee and the NIL folks at SU have been discussing this for several weeks. With that kind of heads up it would be coaching "malpractice" if we hadn't sent out feelers to other centers in the portal. In my eternal optimism, maybe we'll hear something on that front in the next week or so. We're actively pursuing a center in the junior class (Sorber), so it seems that a one year transfer might be ideal.

If nothing comes up we already have 3 players on the roster for next year as well as Malik Brown who could be a back up, especially if he's added some bulk in the off season.

From the article it seems that reps for Jessee and the NIL folks at SU have been discussing this for several weeks. With that kind of heads up it would be coaching "malpractice" if we hadn't sent out feelers to other centers in the portal. In my eternal optimism, maybe we'll hear something on that front in the next week or so. We're actively pursuing a center in the junior class (Sorber), so it seems that a one year transfer might be ideal.

If nothing comes up we already have 3 players on the roster for next year as well as Malik Brown who could be a back up, especially if he's added some bulk in the off season.
The centers in the portal, aside from HD, are pretty freakin blah

I wouldn’t mind going after a guy like Keegan Records. Big body that can score and play defense. Can play C or PF. We need big guys that can score and or defend.
Moussa Cisse
Keegan Records
Maybe a guy like Charles Pride in case of emergency.

Tons of kids in the portal. But only a handful ready to come contribute right away.

As I look at the transfer portal center options one name that caught my attention is Efton Reid from Richmond, Virginia. I wonder if he has any relationships in the DMV with team takeover

As I look at the transfer portal center options one name that caught my attention is Efton Reid from Richmond, Virginia. I wonder if he has any relationships in the DMV with team takeover
He played with Benny at IMG.