2023-24 Portal | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

2023-24 Portal

with the number of kids being offered it appears we might actually be looking to flip the roster. Another Georgia portal kid - a role player WR and their PR - was just offered. It's just wild right now.
Obviously raising the level of interest. Next question to answer, what is the close rate with these guys. If they get to the point where the team would be over subscribed it will resolve.

Obviously raising the level of interest. Next question to answer, what is the close rate with these guys. If they get to the point where the team would be over subscribed it will resolve.

and no idea who of the current commits are being kept. I think this will thin out to.

Looks like currently 4 kids (2 HS and 2 portal) are in.

We will find out in short order how competitive our facilities are to elite athletes. Because it sure looks like we are going to get a bunch of them on campus before Christmas to have a first-hand look and hear the pitch of the value of the SU degree, the history of the program (which most probably don't know the depth of ...), tell them about network of alumni to help you in your career, and the culture they want to build as a team.

I count about 24-25 guys who are likely leaving, and obviously there could be some more who are encouraged to find a better fit elsewhere. I wonder what the final number of players that roster turnover will add up to.

Colbie is from Binghamton. Another guy Syracuse passed on that turned out to be really good. 47 catches, over 500 yards, 5 TDs last season. 6’5, 215 pounds.

I believe he has 2 years left. Only a 4.6 type but he is physical and wins a lot of contested balls. Gets open consistently.

Would really like to see him in orange.

Colbie is from Binghamton. Another guy Syracuse passed on that turned out to be really good. 47 catches, over 500 yards, 5 TDs last season. 6’5, 215 pounds.

I believe he has 2 years left. Only a 4.6 type but he is physical and wins a lot of contested balls. Gets open consistently.

Would really like to see him in orange.

How did this kid slip through the cracks?

These type players don’t leave the #FranBrownFortress around the north east any longer!

These type players don’t leave the #FranBrownFortress around the north east any longer!

Rhetorical question I assume?

In fairness to Dino, Colbie had to go to Lackawanna to get any decent offers. From my perspective, we need to be aware of prospects like him, and help get him to a JUCO where he can grow, and keep close tabs on him. Dino and his staff just were not good at this kind of thing and clearly had little interest in recruiting upstate NY. They just were not very good at talent evaluation.

Was hoping Colbie would enter the portal and Coach Brown would snap him up. This guy is a dog who will fight for the ball and block his butt off. He would be a really good fit for us and would help us right away.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom