2023-24 Portal | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

2023-24 Portal

AT what point does a school realize they won't sustain or take part in this nonsense? There ar players in the NFL not earning 6 or 7 million a year.
I think an elite college quarterback is pretty clearly worth more than $7 million a year. NFL starting QBs make like $7M to $50M, with the top 32 averaging $27.7M... and those numbers would be higher if there wasn't a salary cap.

NFL teams average $580M in revenue. The public schools in the SEC average $166.9M. So, it stands to reason that the average salary for a starting QB in the SEC should be somewhere in the neighborhood off (167/580) * 27.7 = $7.97M.

Let me put it another way. What's a better use of resources, paying Jimbo Fisher $76M not to coach Texas A&M? Or spending $7.6M a year for 10 years on the best quarterback in the portal each season?

These NIL numbers are going to go up over time, not down. $10-15M a year for an elite college QB sounds about right to me.

So basically, if you're a good quarterback and you're making less than $1.5 million off NIL at your school, you're crazy not to enter the portal. If you're a great quarterback making less than like $5 million, you, too are crazy not to enter the portal.

Seems like the proper path at this point is to start at the school that gives you the best chance to get on the field right away... prove yourself worthy of the big NIL money, then enter the portal and cash in. That's going to be more lucrative faster than waiting behind someone.
I can think of a place where a hotshot HS QB could come in and start.

I can think of a place where a hotshot HS QB could come in and start.
This is a great example of how to recruit a 4 or 5 star QB to Syracuse. Hey man, come here, start right away. If you tear it up, you can hop in the portal and make $2M to $7M next year for a powerhouse, somewhere like Georgia. If you do good but not great, you can make $1M to $2M - maybe here, maybe somewhere like Nebraska. Hey, you know I've got Kirby Smart and Matt Rhule on speed dial, right? I promise, if you can make more someplace else, not only will I not stand in your way, I'll help you connect. The only way I'll try to talk you out of it is if we can match it.

But if you go there now, you're gonna be behind someone who did that, and then the next year maybe you start - or maybe they go portal shopping again. You may not make big NIL money until year three.

Pair that pitch up with a good QB coach/OC, and I think you're working with something. Land a kid that way, develop him, and help him transfer to a factory for $5-7M, and now you can pitch the next kid on that same path.

I think an elite college quarterback is pretty clearly worth more than $7 million a year. NFL starting QBs make like $7M to $50M, with the top 32 averaging $27.7M... and those numbers would be higher if there wasn't a salary cap.

NFL teams average $580M in revenue. The public schools in the SEC average $166.9M. So, it stands to reason that the average salary for a starting QB in the SEC should be somewhere in the neighborhood off (167/580) * 27.7 = $7.97M.

Let me put it another way. What's a better use of resources, paying Jimbo Fisher $76M not to coach Texas A&M? Or spending $7.6M a year for 10 years on the best quarterback in the portal each season?

These NIL numbers are going to go up over time, not down. $10-15M a year for an elite college QB sounds about right to me.
Your theory overlooks the fact that a player cannot be paid to play football. So what is this 18/19/20 year old kid doing that’s worth that kind of money?

Your theory overlooks the fact that a player cannot be paid to play football. So what is this 18/19/20 year old kid doing that’s worth that kind of money?
“Selling his likeness”

Schools aren’t paying this.

Still don’t know what the roi is

ND has already unofficially contacted him. No tampering of course
I wonder if Hartman would do it all over if he had the chance. Obvious question for Leonard to ask him.

“Selling his likeness”
0D19E120-870F-4E3D-8927-2645F59175C8.gif

Wait until their 1099 arrives in the mail.

Fran Brown recruited KJ Jefferson to Baylor before he signed with Arkansas. That would seem to be our best shot at a big time QB transfer.
Supposedly head to S. Carolina as their QB just declared for the draft.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom