2023 Bowl Projections thread | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

2023 Bowl Projections thread

Better dig out those shoulder pads from the box in the garage. ;)
Seriously though. I enjoy going to bowl games. But, in this day and age, the team that shows up to a bowl game is usually a shell of its former self. Im currently in a wait and see position.
A) where is the game
B) the biggest one. What does our line up look like

Send me in coach, just have the emt's ready and the chopper fired up. All kidding aside, I'm having a hard time not seeing how this won't be a humiliating shipshow. Personally, i think Syracuse should opt out and let a 5-7 team who is building take the spot. I really don't see what's to gain from going. I know that is an unpopular take, but it is what it is.
I was about to give you a Like after reading your first sentence. Then I read the rest of your post.

1701352945317.png

Send me in coach, just have the emt's ready and the chopper fired up. All kidding aside, I'm having a hard time not seeing how this won't be a humiliating shipshow. Personally, i think Syracuse should opt out and let a 5-7 team who is building take the spot. I really don't see what's to gain from going. I know that is an unpopular take, but it is what it is.

I hate to agree with this but I kind of do. We currently have a hired HC and that's it, no coordinators/assistants nothing, and I don't even think Fran has stepped foot on campus yet. The last staff are lame ducks and I'm sure are looking for their next jobs already, meanwhile half the team is debating whether or not to portal. How the hell can we reasonably expect to get a team/staff prepared under these circumstances to play a game in less than a month lol.

We’re either in Boston or Tampa fwiw
From a recruiting standpoint doesn't it make sense for Boston? I mean our target area is within 300 miles of Fenway Park. Brown can get to the game, start hitting the road, etc. I feel like it makes sense operationally and logistically.

For the kids it stinks to spend Christmas in the fens but maybe playing at Fenway Park will be fun for them. At the end of the day you win 6 games beggers can't be choosers

I hate to agree with this but I kind of do. We currently have a hired HC and that's it, no coordinators/assistants nothing, and I don't even think Fran has stepped foot on campus yet. The last staff are lame ducks and I'm sure are looking for their next jobs already, meanwhile half the team is debating whether or not to portal. How the hell can we reasonably expect to get a team/staff prepared under these circumstances to play a game in less than a month lol.
Yes. He has 1 job, land a class that will make people take notice, that's it.

Good article on the ACC bowl situation.

In short, all the ACC bowl teams get to move up a slot if FSU wins. UL ends up in the Orange and another B1G team is their opponent.

That appears to be our only change to get anywhere except Boston or Tampa.

The good news is it seems likely to happen.

For this season in particular, there is one scenario that would be ideal for the ACC to maximize its bowl slots. It begins with the CFP. First, Florida State needs to win the ACC title, be in the top four of the committee’s ranking and secure one of two semifinal berths. Second, Louisville is the highest-rated ACC team and heads to the Orange Bowl. Third, the Orange Bowl opponent needs to be a team from the Big Ten (think Ohio State or Penn State).

If those three things unfold, that opens the door for the ACC to get a team into the ReliaQuest Bowl (formerly the Outback Bowl). The only way an ACC team gets into the ReliaQuest Bowl is if a Big Ten team gets into the Orange Bowl. (It is currently contracted for an SEC-Big Ten showdown.)

Why is that important? Notre Dame is factored into the ACC’s bowl slot this year because of not being in the CFP or NY6. That means the ReliaQuest Bowl would be ideal for the Fighting Irish and not slide the ACC teams down the pecking order.

Where will the Hokies end up?

The Hokies’ destination will depend on the outcome of Saturday’s ACC championship game. If Florida State loses and falls enough in the CFP rankings to not get an at-large into the NY6, then the dominos will likely guarantee Tech heads to the Military Bowl for the third time and first since 2018. The previously mentioned ideal scenario could open up other possibilities, such as the Duke’s Mayo Bowl.

As of today, just about everyone has UL playing Ohio State in the Orange, so it looks likely the best case scenario for the ACC bowl teams will happen. That moves VT up to a better bowl (probably the Mayo) and Syracuse could possibly get into the Military).

Good article on the ACC bowl situation.

In short, all the ACC bowl teams get to move up a slot if FSU wins. UL ends up in the Orange and another B1G team is their opponent.

That appears to be our only change to get anywhere except Boston or Tampa.

The good news is it seems likely to happen.

For this season in particular, there is one scenario that would be ideal for the ACC to maximize its bowl slots. It begins with the CFP. First, Florida State needs to win the ACC title, be in the top four of the committee’s ranking and secure one of two semifinal berths. Second, Louisville is the highest-rated ACC team and heads to the Orange Bowl. Third, the Orange Bowl opponent needs to be a team from the Big Ten (think Ohio State or Penn State).

If those three things unfold, that opens the door for the ACC to get a team into the ReliaQuest Bowl (formerly the Outback Bowl). The only way an ACC team gets into the ReliaQuest Bowl is if a Big Ten team gets into the Orange Bowl. (It is currently contracted for an SEC-Big Ten showdown.)

Why is that important? Notre Dame is factored into the ACC’s bowl slot this year because of not being in the CFP or NY6. That means the ReliaQuest Bowl would be ideal for the Fighting Irish and not slide the ACC teams down the pecking order.

Where will the Hokies end up?

The Hokies’ destination will depend on the outcome of Saturday’s ACC championship game. If Florida State loses and falls enough in the CFP rankings to not get an at-large into the NY6, then the dominos will likely guarantee Tech heads to the Military Bowl for the third time and first since 2018. The previously mentioned ideal scenario could open up other possibilities, such as the Duke’s Mayo Bowl.

As of today, just about everyone has UL playing Ohio State in the Orange, so it looks likely the best case scenario for the ACC bowl teams will happen. That moves VT up to a better bowl (probably the Mayo) and Syracuse could possibly get into the Military).
I'm not sure that article is right. If FSU is in the playoff and another ACC school (can't be ND so presumably Louisville) goes to the Orange against a Big 10 school, then the ACC also gets Reliaquest and slides ND in that spot which moves every team up two slots with the next best team going to Pop Tarts.

If FSU is not in playoff and the ACC opponent in the Orange is not Big 10, then the ACC loses Reliaquest. ND or UL would go to Pop Tarts, the other to a lesser bowl than that and everyone else drops two slots.

We’re either in Boston or Tampa fwiw
Yup. If FSU wins, BC goes to Pinstripe and we go to Fenway. If FSU loses, everybody gets bumped down. BC goes to Fenway and we go to Tampa.

I would like SU to go to wherever the players want that fits with their record.

Yup. If FSU wins, BC goes to Pinstripe and we go to Fenway. If FSU loses, everybody gets bumped down. BC goes to Fenway and we go to Tampa.
I suspect it will either be Fenway or Gasparilla

A chance to play some young guys and still keep a redshirt
So the current staff who has been fired and is looking for jobs are supposed to stay around and coach kids many of whom will be released or "encouraged" to find a new school?

The NIL was the gift SMU has been waiting for. They have or get a good coach, yikes.
I'd love to see the boosters that were interviewed in the Pony Express 30 for 30 doc interviewed now to answer the question: "What'll you guys do now that this is all over the table?"

sddefault.jpg

This is amusing to me (in a good way). If we get bumped down due to an FSU loss, we go from a very cold Fenway Park to a warm, vacation destination down in Florida. It would be just terrible if we get bumped. :)

Who cares? It’s a scrimmage and 15 practices. CDRW and Davis cage match. Give them each two quarters if GS doesn’t want to play.

Who cares? It’s a scrimmage and 15 practices. CDRW and Davis cage match. Give them each two quarters if GS doesn’t want to play.
It counts towards our final record, it’s just as much a real game as the last one was.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom