2023 Bowl Projections thread | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

2023 Bowl Projections thread

This is amusing to me (in a good way). If we get bumped down due to an FSU loss, we go from a very cold Fenway Park to a warm, vacation destination down in Florida. It would be just terrible if we get bumped. :)
louisville-cardinals-go-cards.gif

Stars seem to be aligning around the Military Bowl. It’s odd that getting bumped down would result in a better travel destination. For some reason Duke is now projected to be the last pick at 7-5 and play pre Xmas. Probably bc they lost their head coach and star QB already.

Stars seem to be aligning around the Military Bowl. It’s odd that getting bumped down would result in a better travel destination. For some reason Duke is now projected to be the last pick at 7-5 and play pre Xmas. Probably bc they lost their head coach and star QB already.
That Georgia loss has ramifications to the ACC. McMurphy now things an SEC school takes Ohio State’s spot in the Orange. So ND can’t go to the Reliquest. So everyone drops down a slot in the ACC bowl hierarchy.

Bottom line, I think VT gets the Military and we get Fenway or Gasparilla.

If FSU also loses, we get the nuclear winter option and might end up in Birmingham. Or Dallas. I think the Boca bowl is too early and conflicts with our exam schedule.

Maybe JW can swing some magic. I am not super hopeful.

That Georgia loss has ramifications to the ACC. McMurphy now things an SEC school takes Ohio State’s spot in the Orange. So ND can’t go to the Reliquest. So everyone drops down a slot in the ACC bowl hierarchy.

If FSU also loses, we get the nuclear winter option and might end up in Birmingham. Or Dallas. I think the Boca bowl is too early and conflicts with our exam schedule.

Ugh. Glad I didn't pre-pay. Guess I should book a room in Boston too.

Honestly so long as the kids enjoy whichever bowl they go to and get treated like royalty it will be all good. Personally, I just want to win whichever bowl it is!

Lots to watch for though.

Geesh, the Athletic has us at the Quick Lane in Detroit.
I hate Detroit.
I got COVID the only time I ever got it in Detroit.
Really hoping we dont go to Detroit.
If you are looking for a bright spot with Detroit, at least it’s a dome so weather isn’t an issue. All I got.

I’d rather go to a bowl vs another P5 school but that’s just me.

Geesh, the Athletic has us at the Quick Lane in Detroit.
I hate Detroit.
I got COVID the only time I ever got it in Detroit.
Really hoping we dont go to Detroit.
Brings back memories of a fun bus trip I did in 1985 for the Cherry Bowl. It was a big deal at the time -- first bowl in 6 years, and only the 2nd in the previous 20 years. We lost to Maryland but did kill about 3 cases of beer on the trip out. And one neat factoid -- the chaperone on the bus was the great Dennis "Sweet D" DuVal.

This is exactly right

But even if FSU wins but gets locked out the playoffs, we still get nuclear winter.

Really weird to me Twitter seems unified in FSU not getting in. 13-0 and ACC champs. I just can’t see them being left out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom