Men's Soccer - 2023 Commits / Transfers | Syracusefan.com

Men's Soccer 2023 Commits / Transfers

illestcuse

All Conference
New transfer for next year from BC?? Has some pretty nice highlights from 2021 on his Instagram.

IMG_1993.jpeg

Last edited:
New transfer for next year from BC?? Has some pretty nice highlights from 2021 on his Instagram.

View attachment 223319
Mike Suski is a interesting story. He was a HS AA in Connecticut. Went to Croatia and trained for a pro team there, almost signed with them. Chose BC for college.

Was their second leading scorer as a frosh. Then led the team in scoring as a sophomore and a junior.

He was a junior in 2021. He had an injury that season that apparently prevented him from starting late in the season.

Fell off the face of the earth after that season. I get the feeling the parting was not amicable. The BC web site has him listed for 2021 but the link to his personal details has been pulled. He is the only player who has had their link pulled.

He played midfield at BC and it is my guess he will play midfield for us as well.

For those that don't have instagram:
View attachment 223368
This guy is a defender who is transferring from Niagara. Originally from Toronto.

Played pro ball in Poland in 2019.

I think he will be a junior next season. But he might be a senior.

This guy is a defender who is transferring from Niagara. Originally from Toronto.

Played pro ball in Poland in 2019.

I think he will be a junior next season. But he might be a senior.

How can he play pro ball and still play in college?

Speaking of next year, has there been anything written about any sr's taking a covid year 5th year for us?

I assume he did not take a salary. Not sure though.
What position does this guy play and how about answering my question about sr's? I have given you all of 10 minutes

Speaking of next year, has there been anything written about any sr's taking a covid year 5th year for us?
i know the goalkeeper (Russell) has another year of eligibility but he has said he will not use it. Wants to go out on top.

I am 99% sure Colin Boros, who was a grad student this year, is done.

I am 99% sure Levonte Johnson is going to get drafted by the MLS and go pro, even if he has another year (which he might because of COVID).

Not sure about Curti, Singlemann, Sinclair, Bulger, Holbrook and Sjoberg, I believe all used their fourth year this season but they might all have another year because of COVID.

My understanding is that just because you are a senior with an extra year because of COVID, it does not mean you are a given to play another year. You have to want to and I believe the athletic department has to approve it too. There are not unlimited funds for extra scholarship money for everyone that might want to play.

It sounded to me as though Sinclair is done. Coach Mac sure made it sound that way.

This one’s a head scratcher for sure. Was he afraid of not getting as much playing time next season or something? Will definitely miss watching him play for us.

This one’s a head scratcher for sure. Was he afraid of not getting as much playing time next season or something? Will definitely miss watching him play for us.
Agreed; head scratcher for sure.

All these transfers look impressive to me. Especially the two defenders from Niagara, the midfielder from BC and the forward from Princeton. Those 4 in particular look likely to win starting jobs.

Both Niagara defenders are highly skilled and a threat to score. Hasse was first team all conference and the other kid really came on late in the season, when he scored 5 goals and had 2 assists in the last 8 games of the season.

The BC and Princeton guys are really talented.

New Transfer-- Mateo Leveque, who is transferring in from UConn. Was awarded BIG EAST Freshman of the year in 2021. Looks like Uconn wiped his entire bio/stats from their website.
IMG_3225.jpeg

Mateo Leveque was the only player on UConn to make a Big East all league team.

He was New Big East frosh of the year but is 23 years old. Maybe the oldest frosh is the country. He comes from France.

Liked his film. Really good ball skills, great passer, can finish too. Plays mid field. I think he starts from day one and will make a big impact here.

Any word on whether Nathan Opoku is coming back? I know he was looking at Europe as an option. Him coming back would be really great.

Any word on whether Nathan Opoku is coming back? I know he was looking at Europe as an option. Him coming back would be really great.
I’ve been wondering the same. Guess we will know more on Monday. I have not seen him in any of the videos of their recent practices. Also curious about Giona Liebold. I was really disappointed about Curt Calov leaving for Rutgers. He was a big loss.

I’ve been wondering the same. Guess we will know more on Monday. I have not seen him in any of the videos of their recent practices. Also curious about Giona Liebold. I was really disappointed about Curt Calov leaving for Rutgers. He was a big loss.
What is Monday? And the Curt leaving I just don't understand

What is Monday? And the Curt leaving I just don't understand
Calov started 7 games as a frosh and 4 as a sophomore. Biros has exhausted his eligibility and while Curt was the logical guy to take his place, this was not a given.

I suspect he wanted to play at at place where he could be confident he would be a starter the rest of his career.

The men’s soccer team will be at the men’s basketball game at the dome Monday, where there will be a celebration of them winning the NC. Believe that starts at 5:30 pm. Believe the thinking is, if Opoku is coming back, he will be at the celebration. Which may or may not be true.

Last spring Syracuse played 6 friendlies, all on the road. The first one was played in Hamilton, Ontario on 2/6/2022. I assume they will do something similar this spring.

Calov started 7 games as a frosh and 4 as a sophomore. Biros has exhausted his eligibility and while Curt was the logical guy to take his place, this was not a given.

I suspect he wanted to play at at place where he could be confident he would be a starter the rest of his career.

The men’s soccer team will be at the men’s basketball game at the dome Monday, where there will be a celebration of them winning the NC. Believe that starts at 5:30 pm. Believe the thinking is, if Opoku is coming back, he will be at the celebration. Which may or may not be true.

Last spring Syracuse played 6 friendlies, all on the road. The first one was played in Hamilton, Ontario on 2/6/2022. I assume they will do something similar this spring.
Thanks as always Tom. I really hope Opoku is back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom