Men's Soccer - 2023 Commits / Transfers | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Men's Soccer 2023 Commits / Transfers

This Josh Belluz is a heck of a defender. Plus, it seems the other two new guys are very good as well. It looks like we have another powerful team. And we are going to need it. The ACC in soccer is what the SEC thinks it is in football. 6 teams in the pre season top 11.
Josh is a 6’5 midfielder. Another player from Toronto.

He was one of the top players on Nova, who did not have a very good team. Did not make the Big East all star team. We did take a transfer from UConn, Mateo Leveque, who was first team all Big East. He is another midfielder and was only a sophomore last year.

Looks like there will be a lot of competition for starting positions all over the field this season.

Just for fun, I put together a way too early depth chart for the team

GK Lucas Daunhauer / Jason Smith

D Olu Oyegunle / Gabriel Mikina
D Buster Sjoberg
D Noah Singelmann / Andre Cutler-DeJesus

M Jeorgio Kocevski
M Giona Leibold
M Steve Hasse or Josh Belluz
M Mateo Leveque (UConn transfer)

F Lorenzo Boselli
F Michael Suski or Daniel Diaz-Bonilla
F. Nick Kaloukian or Julius Rauch

Looking forward to the Cuse Soccer season!

IMG_4501.jpeg

July 19th and the men's soccer schedule still has not been released.

The good news is that most of the teams SU plays have released their schedules and from that, it is possible to cobble together a partial schedule.

This is what I have found so far...

2023 SU Men's Soccer Schedule (partial) .png

Updated version...

2023 SU Men's Soccer Schedule (partial) .png

for 2023, Virginia Tech has 10 OOC games on their schedule and 8 conference games.

If we assume SU will have the same setup, we now have all the ACC games for Syracuse accounted for.

We also have 8 of the 10 OOC games accounted for. Last year we had 3 exhibition games scheduled, with the first on August 13th. I would expect those to eventually pop up as well.

Last year, I believe SU only played 17 games in the regular season. So we might only be missing one OOC game.

But this should be pretty close.

Updated version...

View attachment 229417

for 2023, Virginia Tech has 10 OOC games on their schedule and 8 conference games.

If we assume SU will have the same setup, we now have all the ACC games for Syracuse accounted for.

We also have 8 of the 10 OOC games accounted for. Last year we had 3 exhibition games scheduled, with the first on August 13th. I would expect those to eventually pop up as well.

Last year, I believe SU only played 17 games in the regular season. So we might only be missing one OOC game.

But this should be pretty close.
Great work! Very much appreciated.

Last edited:
Looks like we also picked up Pedro Pedregosa Cátedra from NC State and Rodrigo Gomes de Almeida from Niagara. Try saying those names 5x fast lmao.

He had a solid career at NC State. And Rodrigo scored 10 goals for Niagara last year.

Looks like we also picked up Pedro Pedregosa Cátedra from NC State and Rodrigo Gomes de Almeida from Niagara. Try saying those names 5x fast lmao.

Pedro started every game of his NC State career but one. Four year starter. Originally from Spain.

He is playing his COVID year up here.

He plays defense. Thinking he is a lock to start.

The transfer from Niagara Rodrigo Gomes de Almeida is originally from Portugal. He might start too. If not, he will surely play a lot.

That is 3 players we took from Niagara this summer. What the heck is going on with that?

Last edited:
Just for fun, I put together a way too early depth chart for the team

GK Lucas Daunhauer / Jason Smith

D Olu Oyegunle / Gabriel Mikina
D Buster Sjoberg
D Noah Singelmann / Andre Cutler-DeJesus

M Jeorgio Kocevski
M Giona Leibold
M Steve Hasse or Josh Belluz
M Mateo Leveque (UConn transfer)

F Lorenzo Boselli
F Michael Suski or Daniel Diaz-Bonilla
F. Nick Kaloukian or Julius Rauch
I don't see Nick Kaloukian or Gabriel Mikina on the Cuse Athletics site.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom