Men's Soccer - 2023 Commits / Transfers | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Men's Soccer 2023 Commits / Transfers

Once again a great haul of transfers. Team is set to pickup where they left off.

Looking forward to see how things mesh together.

Heard from someone very close to the program that they think the team this year might be better than last year. How crazy is that?

Not surprised honestly looking at the roster. I actually heard the similar from a parent of a future recruit who is a colleague of mine. Loved hearing the messaging they are giving on the recruiting trail.

Last edited:
Heard from someone very close to the program that they think the team this year might be better than last year. How crazy is that?
Just looking at all the talented players, a bunch of really skilled guys are going to be coming off the bench.

This is a very deep team.

Lots of turnover. The staff will need to work hard with the players to get them to work together well. They did a hell of a job in this area last season...

Just looking at all the talented players, a bunch of really skilled guys are going to be coming off the bench.

This is a very deep team.

Lots of turnover. The staff will need to work hard with the players to get them to work together well. They did a hell of a job in this area last season...

Every piece makes sense from the skillsets to where they play on the pitch. That's what is most impressive. Just a solid plan with good organization to go with. Obviously that being paramount with a model using heavy roster turnover.

Any inkling who gets the nod in goal? Last year we had a real leader there that generated a lot of momentum. Couple of transfers and underclassmen vying for it this year.

Any inkling who gets the nod in goal? Last year we had a real leader there that generated a lot of momentum. Couple of transfers and underclassmen vying for it this year.
There was a kid that would have pressed for time last year but he got hurt. I think we will be okay in goal.

I heard a rumor a few years ago that SU was looking for more seating and maybe a grass field for the soccer programs. Now with the win, seating will be even harder to come by.
Anyone know anything about that?

I heard a rumor a few years ago that SU was looking for more seating and maybe a grass field for the soccer programs. Now with the win, seating will be even harder to come by.
Anyone know anything about that?
I don’t believe seating at the soccer stadium was expanded for soccer during the off season. They have had a soccer stadium with an excellent grass field for a long time. It opened 8/31/1996. It currently holds 1,500 though I believe that does not include the grass hill beyond the southern goal.

Updated guess at the depth chart after the late additions were announced...

GK Jason Smith (Utah St transfer) or Tomas Hut (Army transfer)

D Olu Oyegunle / Pablo Pedregosa (NC State transfer)
D Buster Sjoberg / or Josh Belluz
D Noah Singelmann / Andre Cutler-DeJesus

M Jeorgio Kocevski / Gabriel Mikina (Niagara transfer)
M Giona Leibold /Nate Edwards (Purdue Fort Wayne transfer)
M Lorenzo Boselli/Steve Hasse (Niagara transfer)
M Mateo Leveque (UConn transfer)/Josh Belluz (Villanova transfer)

F Rodrigo Almeida (Niagara transfer) or Daniel Diaz-Bonilla (Princeton transfer)
F Michael Suski (BC transfer) or Julius Rauch
F Felipe D'Agostini (Oral Roberts transfer) or Nick Kaloukian (Michigan transfer)

It is going to be a really interesting season.

Last edited:

GK Lucas Daunhauer / Jason Smith (Utah St transfer)

F Rodrigo Almeida (Niagara transfer) or Daniel Diaz-Bonilla (Princeton transfer)
F Felipe D'Agostini (Oral Roberts transfer) or Nick Kaloukian (Michigan transfer)

Damn you!!! I was going to post a post directed at you to get off your butt and give us an updated depth chart. Damn you!!!

That depth is stunning.

Pedro started every game of his NC State career but one. Four year starter. Originally from Spain.

He is playing his COVID year up here.

He plays defense. Thinking he is a lock to start.

The transfer from Niagara Rodrigo Gomes de Almeida is originally from Portugal. He might start too. If not, he will surely play a lot.

That is 3 players we took from Niagara this summer. What the heck is going on with that?
Why wear purple when you can sport orange.

Tom, Daunhauer appears to no longer be on the team. Perhaps you meant Wickham?

This is correct. I think Daunhauer transferred to Loyola Chicago.

Cat, you missed Jackson Glenn. He is a mid fielder and a sr. He might see some action this year. I remember a key game last year where Ian said that it would be a good game for Glenn. On this roster, we have 16 guys that played at other schools. To me, that is a wild number.

Bummer. I thought he was still around. Former starter, lots of experience.

I obviously haven't seen any of these guys play.

Looking at the bios, Jason Smith is a transfer from Utah Valley with a lot of experience. He is a junior, has played a lot and has the most experience.

Tomas Hut is a junior transfer from Army who played in 17 games with them. He hasn't played as much at the college level but his experience is at a higher level.

Without knowing anything, I am guessing they are the favorites.

Sam Coss and Jahiem Wickham are sophomores who haven't played yet. I suspect Coach Mac will go with one of the more experienced guys but anything is possible.

Cat, you missed Jackson Glenn. He is a mid fielder and a sr. He might see some action this year. I remember a key game last year where Ian said that it would be a good game for Glenn. On this roster, we have 16 guys that played at other schools. To me, that is a wild number.
You could well be right. The guys who have been around the program and know the system have a big advantage, especially early and if they play well early, they might end up with big roles.

The Paganos from FM near Syracuse were both HS AAs. They might break into the rotation. Lots of talented players looking for a shot to play.

Guessing we will see a very high energy style and a lot of substituting to take advantage of the depth this team has.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom