2023 NFL Thread | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

2023 NFL Thread

Hackett and Saleh don't trust Wilson's arm but aren't setting up quick routes for him.

Jets are good, but this feels like a long season for Bills fans, again.

Jets are good, but this feels like a long season for Bills fans, again.

This was very much in a way two cursed teams doing their thing and most likely both end the year feeling the same as always.

Did Allen get paid? If so uh oh.

All four turnovers were just awful. I'm a Cowboys fan but been rooting to see Buffalo get over the hump these past few years. Just brutal.

Props to those who called an Achilles injury for Rodgers after it happened. Wonder if he plays another game at this stage in his career.

All four turnovers were just awful. I'm a Cowboys fan but been rooting to see Buffalo get over the hump these past few years. Just brutal.

Allen plays hero ball when there really is no call for it. It's one thing to throw picks when down big and trying come back. He seems to do it with a lead and let's the other team back in.

That Jets' D absolutely is of championship caliber. Problem is, every week's gonna be a dogfight with a sub-par QB. I think they're a playoff team, though. But they potentially could have been so much more with Rodgers.

His big mouth about not getting enough targets is partially responsible for this mess
Going back to the end of last October, Allen has 21 turnovers including 16 INTs. This is hardly a one game trend. He’s been bad for a while now if you look at the stats. Oddly enough in the Bills thread the fans are doing everything they can to blame anyone but him. It’s almost like the Bengal game shell shocked him.

Last edited:
Going back to the end of last October Allen has 21 turnovers including 16 INTs. This is hardly a one game trend. He’s been bad for a while now if you look at the stats. Oddly enough in the Bills thread the fans are doing everything they can to blame anyone but him. It’s almost like the Bengal game shell shocked him.
Allen and Dorsey are a bad combination, IMO.

Dorsey isn't a seasoned OC and Josh needs guardrails. Daboll was a smart OC who is great at using multiple formations & motion to disguise how he wants to attack the same weakness in a defense.

Dorsey seems to be more of an opportunist (what can I catch the defense off-guard with) than a disciplined strategist.

Allen and Dorsey are a bad combination, IMO.

Dorsey isn't a seasoned OC and Josh needs guardrails. Daboll was a smart OC who is great at using multiple formations & motion to disguise how he wants to attack the same weakness in a defense.

Dorsey seems to be more of an opportunist (what can I catch the defense off-guard with) than a disciplined strategist.
I don't necessarily buy Dorsey being a problem. They started off last season well together including winning at Arrowhead. Everyone had the Bills as the main SB favorites after that game. After that he's become a turnover machine.

If they just ran the ball every play in the second half the Jets don't win. The turnovers gave the Jets the game. They were lucky to squeak by Miami and their 3rd string QB in the playoffs last year as well because of the same issues.

I don't necessarily buy Dorsey being a problem. They started off last season well together including winning at Arrowhead. Everyone had the Bills as the main SB favorites after that game. After that he's become a turnover machine.

If they just ran the ball every play in the second half the Jets don't win. The turnovers gave the Jets the game. They were lucky to squeak by Miami and their 3rd string QB in the playoffs last year as well because of the same issues.

"I don't necessarily buy Dorsey being a problem."

"If they just rant the ball every play in the second half the Jets don't win."

This kinda proves my point - Ken Dorsey is the guy letting his TO prone QB sling it in the second half rather than running the ball or calling short quick passes to mimic a running play.

Dorsey started off well last year but defensive coordinators caught on to his tendencies. He also wasn't that creative with playcalling with motion/PA/moving pieces around. Add that to Allen having arm arrogance at times + no WR depth and it's why he has a turnover problem. It's all multifaceted.

Going back to the end of last October Allen has 21 turnovers including 16 INTs. This is hardly a one game trend. He’s been bad for a while now if you look at the stats. Oddly enough in the Bills thread the fans are doing everything they can to blame anyone but him. It’s almost like the Bengal game shell shocked him.
Wrong.

"I don't necessarily buy Dorsey being a problem."

"If they just rant the ball every play in the second half the Jets don't win."

This kinda proves my point - Ken Dorsey is the guy letting his TO prone QB sling it in the second half rather than running the ball or calling short quick passes to mimic a running play.
Well if that's how they have to operate then they aren't beating KC, Miami, Baltimore or Cincinnati this year.

Well if that's how they have to operate then they aren't beating KC, Miami, Baltimore or Cincinnati this year.
I don’t think any of those teams have as good a defensive front as the Jets so they should have better opportunities in the passing game.

Last night was obvious that the Jets were able to pressure Allen without sending the house.

Long developing plays with deep ball options were a poor strategy. Especially for a QB who likes to force the issue.

I don’t think any of those teams have as good a defensive front as the Jets so they should have better opportunities in the passing game.

Last night was obvious that the Jets were able to pressure Allen without sending the house.

Long developing plays with deep ball options were a poor strategy. Especially for a QB who likes to force the issue.

Miami has some dudes and KC has Jones. Plus Cincy D-line gave them problems in the playoffs

Dorsey/Allen/McDermott need to get it figured out

Last edited:
Phins just need to handle business and keep Tua healthy

Miami has some dudes and KC has Jones. Plus Cincy D-line gave them problems in the problems

Dorsey/Allen/McDermott need to get it figured out

I don't know when Buffalo plays Miami, KC or Cincy but I expect all three of those teams won't be as healthy and stout as the Jets D in Week 1.

Maybe Miami or KC but I doubt all 3 will be as good as a healthy Jets D.

I know the Bills OL is a work in progress but I just don't see KC and Cincy having the same combo of stout DL and back 4 coverage to consistently get pressure rushing 4.

Books had to take that line down immediately. Pregame it was Dallas -3 over Jets in week 2
When I checked earlier today it was 9.5. Given the NYJ defense that seems insanely high.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom