2023 NFL Thread | Page 27 | Syracusefan.com

2023 NFL Thread

I guess. Gave up 28 at home to primetime Kirk with amazing fumble luck & 31 to Sam Howell.
Still no wins better than @Detroit week 1 last yr; what an incredible schedule run.
Tampa is not bad. They should win the south. They crushed the Saints.

Probably has more to do with the state of the NFC South than anything else, but I do think people badly misjudged the Bucs coming into the year and Baker has been better than expected.
Bucs/Lions is a sneaky good matchup this weekend. I think theres a good chance both those squads are better than Dallas just because Goff and Baker are better than Dak at this point.

Richardson looks very good - but he keeps getting knocked out of games. I’d say that’s a huge concern at this point.

I guess. Gave up 28 at home to primetime Kirk with amazing fumble luck & 31 to Sam Howell.
Still no wins better than @Detroit week 1 last yr; what an incredible schedule run.
All a team can do is beat whoever is put in front of them. They played the mighty Chiefs to the wire and could have easily won that game.

Bucs/Lions is a sneaky good matchup this weekend. I think theres a good chance both those squads are better than Dallas just because Goff and Baker are better than Dak at this point.
Not sure about TB - possible - but Detroit looks very legit to me. Everyone was making fun of Dan Campbell two years ago but he has done a helluva job.

I’m not ready to put Baker on that level yet but he’s undoubtedly off to a really impressive start. I think Detroit is probably a tier or two above Tampa just off the strength of that OLine but we’ll see. Tampa isn’t the cupcake that so many people expected coming into the year.

Similar note: Arizona only has 1 win but I’ve been pretty impressed by them every week. They just can’t quite close.

Not sure about TB - possible - but Detroit looks very legit to me. Everyone was making fun of Dan Campbell two years ago but he has done a helluva job.

His team plays hard until the very end, win or lose. That's a reflection on him. I wish Dallas had that. They flat out quit against the niners.

They may not have a great record but if they make the playoffs that's a dangerous team.

Philly was a slight favorite over KC in the SB last year. The AFC was stronger than the NFC but none of the other AFC participants besides KC were going to beat Philly last year. This year the two conferences look at least even to me. And Philly's schedule is going to get much more difficult as they have a brutal six game stretch where they play DAL, @ KC, BUF, SF, @ DAL and @SEA. I'd probably sign for 3-3 against that bunch.

Right now I've got SF 1, Philly 2. Both have been solid and consistent. SF stronger overall so far but it's early. SF falling into getting Purdy feels like NE and Brady... obviously not saying he will have that success
I’ve got Carolina 1, Giants 2 but I suspect we might be talking about different things.

good news is we can pick up another Tony Mandarich for the 10th year in a row.

TB. Detroits schedule sets them up very well record wise. TB will be wild card if they make it but could play spoiler for a favorite if they get the chance. Interesting team
Who do you think wins the south?

I think the Saints win the South. Their D is legit and they have the best QB.
I don’t think you’ve actually seen them play. I’m a Saints fan. The Bucs curb stomped them last week. Carr has been awful. Quite frankly I still don’t understand the money they gave him.

I don’t think you’ve actually seen them play. I’m a Saints fan. The Bucs curb stomped them last week. Carr has been awful. Quite frankly I still don’t understand the money they gave him.
Feels like there are so many poor to average quarterbacks these days. Don’t know if it’s college not preparing them for the pros. Too many guys who are trying to be runners as well as throwers and not being good enough at either.

Feels like there are so many poor to average quarterbacks these days. Don’t know if it’s college not preparing them for the pros. Too many guys who are trying to be runners as well as throwers and not being good enough at either.
Always feels like there are a couple elite guys, a handful of good ones and about 10 teams total can feel they are all set at QB. There's always 15 teams who absolutely need to upgrade or are hoping their draft pick is gonna be the guy (but he isn't). There are about 5 teams who are screwed, too good at QB to upgrade without investing huge capital with a QB that 15 teams would want but not good enough to get to the mountain top without an A++ team around him.

Too many people want to find the next Mahomes. I also think there's a lot of poor offensive coaching in the league.

As far as the Saints are concerned I don't know what they saw to give Carr 100 million. He's a high floor, low ceiling guy. He hasn't thrown for 200 yards in the past 3 games.

Thanks - I've seen them. Long way to go.

As someone who picked Olave very high in every league I'm in, I concur.

He refuses to take any chances.

Always feels like there are a couple elite guys, a handful of good ones and about 10 teams total can feel they are all set at QB. There's always 15 teams who absolutely need to upgrade or are hoping their draft pick is gonna be the guy (but he isn't). There are about 5 teams who are screwed, too good at QB to upgrade without investing huge capital with a QB that 15 teams would want but not good enough to get to the mountain top without an A++ team around him.
That sounds about right.
I do think the baseline has gotten a lot better. The # of guys who completely suck and give their team no chance regardless of what's going on around them isn't a long list. It used to be half the league it seemed like. There's no longer a ton of value in the ~12th best guy 'cause they're not much better than 22nd.
The recency bias in the middle tiers are always off the charts too depending on the week. Like the Mayfield > Carr stuff being talked about here, yikes, Idk man.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom