2023 NFL Thread | Page 28 | Syracusefan.com

2023 NFL Thread

That sounds about right.
I do think the baseline has gotten a lot better. The # of guys who completely suck and give their team no chance regardless of what's going on around them isn't a long list. It used to be half the league it seemed like. There's no longer a ton of value in the ~12th best guy 'cause they're not much better than 22nd.
The recency bias in the middle tiers are always off the charts too depending on the week. Like the Mayfield > Carr stuff being talked about here, yikes, Idk man.
I think you can still win with the 12th best guy, but the problem is at least 10 teams want the 12th best guy, so he's too expensive after his rookie contract to build the team that can win with him. Derek Carr is like that. Dan Jones is going to be like that. Garoppolo is like that.

That sounds about right.
I do think the baseline has gotten a lot better. The # of guys who completely suck and give their team no chance regardless of what's going on around them isn't a long list. It used to be half the league it seemed like. There's no longer a ton of value in the ~12th best guy 'cause they're not much better than 22nd.
The recency bias in the middle tiers are always off the charts too depending on the week. Like the Mayfield > Carr stuff being talked about here, yikes, Idk man.
I don't think theres any question who has the higher upside. People just like Carr's personality more so he gets the benefit of doubt.

I don't think theres any question who has the higher upside. People just like Carr's personality more so he gets the benefit of doubt.
When you play hurt and get a steel chair to the back of the head in favor of a sexual predator that's a pretty solid babyface turn though. Carr has had some douchey moments also.

He sounds and looks a bit like Elvis. This is key. If it were Liberace instead, doubt he’d be given the same deal.

As someone who picked Olave very high in every league I'm in, I concur.

He refuses to take any chances.
Saints fans getting the full Carr treatment. His Raiders stats were mostly empty calories. Also was shocked the Raiders won that game Monday. That was shaping up to be a textbook Raiders loss. The only reason they won was Jordon Love absolutely sucks.

Saints fans getting the full Carr treatment. His Raiders stats were mostly empty calories. Also was shocked the Raiders won that game Monday. That was shaping up to be a textbook Raiders loss. The only reason they won was Jordon Love absolutely sucks.
How is Love this bad? I guess this confirms absolutely that the Packers were over Rodgers BS.

Roles reversed there's no way the refs even conference. It's getting WWE level with the blatant favoritism KC gets. Half expecting a KC player will give a chair shot to an opponent while his teammates distract the refs.
They huddled for an hour and a half last year on the Bills game clinching int (which was crystal clear) looking for any excuse possible to overturn. It was shocking when Earl Hebner didn't demanded a do-over.

He's had some decent games this year.

But yeah, that had Raiders' L all over it after that idiot kicked the FG vs going for it.

Love had some really simple throws mon night for big plays that he butchered.

Watching ESPn they were blaming the WRs for mistakes when the balls were so poorly thrown the WR had no chance.. even the last throw, Watson is 3-4 yds behind the defender and the throw is so late and it still comes up short.

"That's why the ball was intercepted by Denver"

Uhhhh.. debatable.

Sean Payton is my vote for Finesser Of The Year. What a joke this is. He just called a timeout to give the ball back to Mahomes. Lmao

Smith is also not just all talk. That dude was perhaps the toughest wide out ever. And he backed it up too with a very long and productive career.
“Ice up, son”. One of the all time great quotes.

Sean Payton is my vote for Finesser Of The Year. What a joke this is. He just called a timeout to give the ball back to Mahomes. Lmao
As a Saints fan I was a huge Payton fan, but like Belichick the past few seasons it’s starting to look like his quarterback drove the bus and he was there just for the ride.

I still can't believe that Sean Payton called a timeout with 20 seconds left in the first half to punt the ball back to Patrick Mahomes. I am going to wake up with cold sweats thinking about this 6 months from now.

Unbelievable

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom