2023 NFL Thread | Page 42 | Syracusefan.com

2023 NFL Thread

New York throws the challenge flag.. then sees the replay and says never mind . And doesn’t get docked a challenge ?

I wonder how much heat Burrow is going to get this week for throwing 2 INTs today.

I do not like the jets at all but I find myself rooting for Zach Wilson

Besides costing me the last leg of my parlay, Zach Wilson proves time and time again that he cannot play in this league.

Besides costing me the last leg of my parlay, Zach Wilson proves time and time again that he cannot play in this league.
Wilson is backup level, but the Jets killed themselves with penalties on multiple drives in the first half including having a TD called back. I think even if they had Rodgers(and he isn't prime Rodgers) they'd be a very flawed team.

Wilson is backup level, but the Jets killed themselves with penalties on multiple drives in the first half including having a TD called back. I think even if they had Rodgers(and he isn't prime Rodgers) they'd be a very flawed team.

Was there two TDs called back?

The one was called back because Wilson sold out late and then stepped out of bounds before the end zone dive (stupidly), no?

I was watching with a couple friends and one was a Jets fan. With 4:00 left I said it over and over until the INT... just get into FG range and kick the FG. Even if it's on first down. The D will hold, and go for another FG after the punt. Boom. Jets win. lol

Otherwise Wilson will kill clock and you'll NEVER score a TD. Best case scenario is you end up with a FG and no time left to get the ball back. Likely turnover on downs otherwise.

He threw an INT instead after killing clock. He's sooooooooooooo freaking awful.

He's so bad the Raiders turned down forcing the Jets to punt pretty deep in their own territory just to make him play third down again 5 yards further back. lol. I'm not sure I've seen that happen in that sort of circumstance before.

The one was called back because Wilson sold out late and then stepped out of bounds before the end zone dive (stupidly), no?
That was the same drive. Hall scored right after and it was called back because Uzomah got called for holding.

It's so funny to me how there's always a breaking point with fans and their bad young QB. Been called a doomer many times for wanting to move on from JP/EJ until it was obvious. NE fans were still making excuses for Mac a month ago and yesterday was the final nail. I can't believe Jet fans aren't there yet. It's the OL/Hackett's fault. Lol get serious nobody has a perfect team but the guy is a joke. Playing bad defenses every week and the only tds in the last month are screen passes where Hall makes 18 guys miss.

That was the same drive. Hall scored right after and it was called back because Uzomah got called for holding.
Uzomah had two critical holds called in that game. Wilson is bad but there is plenty of blame to go around. His OL stinks and the play calling is abysmal.

It's so funny to me how there's always a breaking point with fans and their bad young QB. Been called a doomer many times for wanting to move on from JP/EJ until it was obvious. NE fans were still making excuses for Mac a month ago and yesterday was the final nail. I can't believe Jet fans aren't there yet. It's the OL/Hackett's fault. Lol get serious nobody has a perfect team but the guy is a joke. Playing bad defenses every week and the only tds in the last month are screen passes where Hall makes 18 guys miss.
Coaching is a huge factor in the success of young QB's. Some of them don't stand a chance. I think Wilson fits this more than anyone. Tua is lucky Miami changed coaches. Other guys are not as lucky. In NE there's tons of evidence BOB and Josh McDaniels only have careers because of Tom Brady.

Coaching is a huge factor in the success of young QB's. Some of them don't stand a chance. I think Wilson fits this more than anyone. Tua is lucky Miami changed coaches. Other guys are not as lucky. In NE there's tons of evidence BOB and Josh McDaniels only have careers because of Tom Brady.
Coaching is definitely a factor. Framing it as more important than the player when they're God awful, IDK, I think a lot of these guys would be more successful on their 2nd teams if that were the case. Ryen Russillo compiled a list last year that they basically never are (Sam Darnold got more excuses than anyone ever). Put it this way I'd rather the Pats/Jets have the Texans OC than Stroud.

Coaching is definitely a factor. Framing it as more important than the player when they're God awful, IDK, I think a lot of these guys would be more successful on their 2nd teams if that were the case. Ryen Russillo compiled a list last year that they basically never are (Sam Darnold got more excuses than anyone ever). Put it this way I'd rather the Pats/Jets have the Texans OC than Stroud.
I think in a lot of instances garbage organizations tend to be garbage organizations. The Jets and Browns immediately come to mind. The Lions until the past two seasons are another.

100% with you on Darnold, yet there were fans and media clamoring for him to replace Purdy the past two weeks. When the media finds their guy they have a hard time moving on from him.

Obviously Wilson isn't a starting level QB but that last throw at the end was pretty amazing.

The other one was a holding call on the next play by a TE

Don't know how my Raiders are 5-5. They could be the worst .500 NFL team of all time. Dolphins and Chiefs the next two weeks it will be back to reality.

Don't know how my Raiders are 5-5. They could be the worst .500 NFL team of all time. Dolphins and Chiefs the next two weeks it will be back to reality.
Miami is probably my favorite ATS pick of the year there. What is the game script that keeps that game in single digits? Has to be a redzone turnover, missed FG, and garbage time TD for a 27-20 final.

Was thinking that last night. They're ahead of my Chargers...with that offense, all the talent on D, and the RAIDERS have a better record. Painful.

All because we're too cheap to hire someone that can coach. :mad: Not firing Staley after last season was insane.

Obviously Wilson isn't a starting level QB but that last throw at the end was pretty amazing.

The hail Mary?
It was funny, he completed one nice pass sidearm in the 4th, and then seemed like he was trying to throw sidearm every pass thereafter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom