2023 NFL Thread | Page 45 | Syracusefan.com

2023 NFL Thread

The one I'm in is 450 people at $100 bucks a pop. Three strikes and you're out. Got one strike already when Buffalo lost at NE. Most years there's a split pot but occasionally one player takes the entire 40K+
Whoa my survivor pool is a fraction of that kind of money. I still have KC and Baltimore available so I'm not inclined to share with the other two entrants that are still alive in the pool. GL.

My Detroit survivor pick got bailed out today. Also never thought the Raiders would have the ball with a chance to tie/win at the Dolphins. Win's a win but the Dolphins fans can't be too happy with how the phins looked today.
Heard a lot of Bears ats support & didn't really get it. Not sure if it was just turnovers or what. The stats look pretty even though. Their schedule is nice. First playoff game should be a hoot.
I wonder if Miami is getting figured out a bit. Those hashmark seam throws that were always wide open had 3 black jerseys waiting for it.

God the announcers in this LA games are such morons. Seattle has 2 time outs w 2mins left; they should let them score so they need a score a TD? That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Then they suggest the Rams run on 3rd down to make them burn their last TO. As if 1:30 isn't an eternity to get in FG range.

God the announcers in this LA games are such morons. Seattle has 2 time outs w 2mins left; they should let them score so they need a score a TD? That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Then they suggest the Rams run on 3rd down to make them burn their last TO. As if 1:30 isn't an eternity to get in FG range.
I heard them yammering away and I thought I must have not heard them correctly because it sounded like two drunk idiots arguing in a bar

Question Vikings: why put your QB at such risk for zero reason? Cute can get you killed

Question Vikings: why put your QB at such risk for zero reason? Cute can get you killed
Jackson’s gonna get suspended again for that hit.

Which one, on Dobbs?
edit; just rewatched, yeah he did hit his helmet on that one.
Dropped his head and lead with the crown of his helmet. Should have been 15. League will come down on him. Been suspended twice. Had has last suspension reduced from 4 to 2 games. Doesn’t seemed to have learned the intended lesson

Dropped his head and lead with the crown of his helmet. Should have been 15. League will come down on him. Been suspended twice. Had has last suspension reduced from 4 to 2 games. Doesn’t seemed to have learned the intended lesson
Yep, well aware. I just got done praising him earlier in two other crucial hits saying, now you see how Jackson's going low on his hits, very noticeable for him? lol, baby steps I guess. He probably won't completely get rid of it before he retires

Yep, well aware. I just got done praising him earlier in two other crucial hits saying, now you see how Jackson's going low on his hits, very noticeable for him? lol, baby steps I guess. He probably won't completely get rid of it before he retires
He’s putting himself more at risk than anyone with that stupid technique. That’s the way most paralysis injuries are incurred

Broncos with another pull it out of their asses victory by the other team handing them the ball over and over. Madison just had to fall down there times and the resultant FG would have been a two score game

Whoa my survivor pool is a fraction of that kind of money. I still have KC and Baltimore available so I'm not inclined to share with the other two entrants that are still alive in the pool. GL.
Don’t share ., that’s the cowards way out .
You play
To win
the game

Broncos with another pull it out of their asses victory by the other team handing them the ball over and over. Madison just had to fall down there times and the resultant FG would have been a two score game
And when they fumble the ball finds the chalk.

I have to laugh at the so called experts in the media who were wrong about Darnold out of the draft that wanted Darnold to replace Purdy when San Fran lost 3 in a row. Purdy may be a legitimate MVP candidate.

Yeah and IF Jeudy would've just caught the TD that was in his hands, blah blah, you could do this all day. Yeah teams win ugly, it's not the style I like at all, but if you're a fan you take the W no matter how ugly. Credit to Payton for figuring out how to win with what he's got. Since he limited Russ' # of throws and went ground and pound letting his D do damage, they've won.

He’s putting himself more at risk than anyone with that stupid technique. That’s the way most paralysis injuries are incurred
You won't get an argument out of me on that. I will say he played under the old rules of safeties in, separate the ball from your opponent by any means, for 8 years in the league before they made the leading with the helmet rule. I know it's not ok and he should've adjusted, some get it all out of their system and some don't.

It's weird because there were plenty of other times last night he could've delivered more hits like that in the game, but had text book hits of going low and taking the opponent of their feet that looked like he was concentrating on doing it the right way. Can't remember if that was after the qb hit?

Jackson’s gonna get suspended again for that hit.

Yeah. That wasn't good.
Broncos had another one on Mattison later that I was surprised wasn't called.

Vikings remind me of the Chargers sooo much.

Their play calling was pretty shite. First, Chandler seems better than Mattison. Better blocking, better at hitting holes. Mattison seems slightly better in space...but he fumbled away the game too.

Second, that last drive was just awful and such a Chargers way to go. With about a minute to go, two timeouts, why keep running 7 yard out routes to Hockenson where he's going to get tackled in bounds (since they're playing him that tight).

Take the middle of the field, a couple big chunks, and avoid those awkward third and shorts that just kill even more clock. You only need a field goal......If they were playing WAY off, cuz you need a touchdown, by all means, throw those passes to Hockenson. Otherwise, whyyyyy?

Also, Dobbs turns and retreats right too much now. It's weird. He used to run those or step up at times. He keeps retreating all of a sudden. He needs to get back to playing a bit more instinctual. I assume coaching is ruining him. lol

Vikings remind me of the Chargers sooo much.

Their play calling was pretty shite. First, Chandler seems better than Mattison. Better blocking, better at hitting holes. Mattison seems slightly better in space...but he fumbled away the game too.

Second, that last drive was just awful and such a Chargers way to go. With about a minute to go, two timeouts, why keep running 7 yard out routes to Hockenson where he's going to get tackled in bounds (since they're playing him that tight).

Take the middle of the field, a couple big chunks, and avoid those awkward third and shorts that just kill even more clock. You only need a field goal...If they were playing WAY off, cuz you need a touchdown, by all means, throw those passes to Hockenson. Otherwise, whyyyyy?

Also, Dobbs turns and retreats right too much now. It's weird. He used to run those or step up at times. He keeps retreating all of a sudden. He needs to get back to playing a bit more instinctual. I assume coaching is ruining him. lol
How bad does your defense have to be to give up over 300 yards passing to Jordan Love.

How bad does your defense have to be to give up over 300 yards passing to Jordan Love.

:(
I don't know. Staley fancies himself a genius.
He's so painfully inept. We're too cheap to hire a real coach or even fire a horrible one.

I'd rather have Zach Wilson coach the team.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom