2023 NFL Thread | Page 46 | Syracusefan.com

2023 NFL Thread

Vikings remind me of the Chargers sooo much.

Their play calling was pretty shite. First, Chandler seems better than Mattison. Better blocking, better at hitting holes. Mattison seems slightly better in space...but he fumbled away the game too.

Second, that last drive was just awful and such a Chargers way to go. With about a minute to go, two timeouts, why keep running 7 yard out routes to Hockenson where he's going to get tackled in bounds (since they're playing him that tight).

Take the middle of the field, a couple big chunks, and avoid those awkward third and shorts that just kill even more clock. You only need a field goal...If they were playing WAY off, cuz you need a touchdown, by all means, throw those passes to Hockenson. Otherwise, whyyyyy?

Also, Dobbs turns and retreats right too much now. It's weird. He used to run those or step up at times. He keeps retreating all of a sudden. He needs to get back to playing a bit more instinctual. I assume coaching is ruining him. lol
The Hockebson drops were the best thing that could have happened to them as the clock stopped. Of course this wasn’t mentioned by the broadcast crew who were too busy fan boying the DB who did Minny a favor breaking it up

Yeah. That wasn't good.
Broncos had another one on Mattison later that I was surprised wasn't called.
Yeah.. the crazy long haired white dude who launched himself while others held the RB up. Of course the broadcast crew missed it. “ILL TELL YOU WHAT MIKE! I may not be very good at this job but I can get excited over some bs!”

Heard a lot of Bears ats support & didn't really get it. Not sure if it was just turnovers or what. The stats look pretty even though. Their schedule is nice. First playoff game should be a hoot.
I wonder if Miami is getting figured out a bit. Those hashmark seam throws that were always wide open had 3 black jerseys waiting for it.
The line shifted 3 points from -10.5 to -7.5 when Fields was announced as starter. Overall da Bears aren't terrible. Their coach ran the idiot playbook on the last offensive possession to give the Lions a chance. Chicago and Arizona will be frisky down the stretch.

Yeah. That wasn't good.
Broncos had another one on Mattison later that I was surprised wasn't called.
Aaaannd 4 games for Jackson.

Philly looks like garbage tonight

The multi-RB teams confuse me at times - other than maybe Baltimore.

Okay, okay - Swift is kicking into high gear! Let's give Gainwell some more run out there ASAP!!!

The play calling by Philly in this game is awful. They aren’t even trying to throw.

I just checked out Tim Boyle's college statistics. Uhhhhhh, wow.

55.5 completion percentage.
12 TDs.
26 INTs.

Is this just so the Jets can have someone do so badly that they can say it wasn't ALL on Zach Wilson?

12 TDs.
26 INTs.

Is this just so the Jets can have someone do so badly that they can say it wasn't ALL on Zach Wilson?
They could have signed Flacco before Cleveland did. I have zero idea what their goals are, but it doesn’t appear winning is one of them.

12 TDs.
26 INTs.

Combining his college and pro stats, the quarterback has thrown 15 touchdowns and 35 interceptions, a 0.42 TD:INT ratio. Zach Wilson, for example, has 21 touchdowns and 25 interceptions in the NFL, a 0.84 TD:INT ratio.

Combining his college and pro stats, the quarterback has thrown 15 touchdowns and 35 interceptions, a 0.42 TD:INT ratio. Zach Wilson, for example, has 21 touchdowns and 25 interceptions in the NFL, a 0.84 TD:INT ratio.
Theres probably ten teams that have two QB’s better than both Wilson and Boyle. The Vikings got Dobbs for nothing. I don’t think QB is the only thing wrong with the Jets, but if Rodgers is coming back like everyone says why did they not even try to upgrade the position.

I know Andy Reid is considered the best coach in the NFL right now and one of the best all time, but I don’t think he should have punted on that last possession.

I know Andy Reid is considered the best coach in the NFL right now and one of the best all time, but I don’t think he should have punted on that last possession.

Thought the same thing.

The Eagles run plays are bizarre - they take soooo long to hand off half the time that the RB is often just hung out to dry.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom