2023 NFL Thread | Page 51 | Syracusefan.com

2023 NFL Thread

Dak or Purdy will win MVP this year. Eagles pass defense is starting to leak oil a bit.
I'd take McCaffery over Purdy.

Eagle DL did leak some oil today but much bigger issue is the back seven. Howie Roseman has done a good job but he chronically undervalues the LB position. Last time they took a LB in the first round was 1979. Probably last good home grown LB was Jeremiah Trotter. The secondary is mediocre at best, can't tackle and Bradbury and Slay are past their prime.

I'd take McCaffery over Purdy.

Eagle DL did leak some oil today but much bigger issue is the back seven. Howie Roseman has done a good job but he chronically undervalues the LB position. Last time they took a LB in the first round was 1979. Probably last good home grown LB was Jeremiah Trotter. The secondary is mediocre at best, can't tackle and Bradbury and Slay are past their prime.
Today was the fourth time in 5 games they’ve given up a 300 yard passer. And they most certainly will be bottom 5 in points allowed after the weekend.

I
Today was the fourth time in 5 games they’ve given up a 300 yard passer. And they most certainly will be bottom 5 in points allowed after the weekend.
I'm agreeing with you overall on the defense but the bigger issue is the back seven and not the DL. Reddick, Sweat, Carter and Davis are a well above average front four (with Cox, Graham and Williams in the rotation) but the back seven? Not so much. The missed tackles in the secondary were brutal.

I

I'm agreeing with you overall on the defense but the bigger issue is the back seven and not the DL. Reddick, Sweat, Carter and Davis are a well above average front four (with Cox, Graham and Williams in the rotation) but the back seven? Not so much. The missed tackles in the secondary were brutal.
I agree. It will be interesting to see if they can turn it around before the end of the season. Hard to win shootouts every week.

I agree. It will be interesting to see if they can turn it around before the end of the season. Hard to win shootouts every week.
Yeah they're a bit better positioned to win the division because their remaining schedule is easier than what Dallas has left. But I'm not optimistic they can beat SF, home or away. It will help to get Dallas Goedert back (supposedly next week). He's very important in both the run and pass games. Zero catches for Philly TEs today. But the big issue, as you said, is the defense.

One other big issue is two rookie coordinators who both got outcoached. Steichen is a big loss. He might be the HC of the year.

Some pointless trivia. Those of you of a certain age may remember Chief Jay Strongbow. He, um, was not Native American. He was full-blooded Italian. When asked, he said, "I'm a member of the Wop-a-ho tribe".
Nobody trafficked in ethnocentric stereotyping like 80’s wrestling ..

Great start by the pack. Unfortunately compute assist will start kicking in for KC before long

I got the Packers +6.5 so just hoping they build enough of a lead for the inevitable referee shenanigans give KC only a 3 pt. win.

Bills do nothing but win the last 3 and get to 9-8

Need some NE help to beat Pitt and Pitt has no offense, then the lose to colts and seattle and balt for 8-9
clev loses to Jags/houston then you need one more
colts I dont know who they lose too, same with Houston

SO Bills need to find 4 wins

Belichick has engineered this tank beautifully. I don't see them winning another game and will have at worst the #2 pick.

I’ll never understand pass interference. But of course they call it for the chiefs.

and ball don’t lie

I hate fantasy football sometimes. Started Chiefs D in my league over Jets and the Colts (and plenty more) and they look truly horrible tonight. From a real life perspective I love it, but for fantasy... good lord cannot stand it in a must win for me.

Can't believe our local NBC channel is blacked out due to a contract dispute with Directv. Never seen that with a major channel, it's been 2 weeks already it's been gone

Here come the refs to the rescue. Most other QB's that's not a penalty.

I wonder if KC is a darling of the league or something?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom