2023 NFL Thread | Page 53 | Syracusefan.com

2023 NFL Thread

I was surprised to not see more complaining about that holding call in OT. To me it was a routine hold that doesn't get called anymore much; he let go fairly quickly and the DLman flopped.

teams looking at playoff spots without the starting QB and trying to survive.

Pitt
Cincy
Jags?
Clev
Colts

The AFC is such a mess of mediocrity. 9 teams have between 5 and 7 wins.

The AFC is such a mess of mediocrity. 9 teams have between 5 and 7 wins.
Just need the Bills to push through that mediocrity and get to 9 wins but hopefully 10.

Just need the Bills to push through that mediocrity and get to 9 wins but hopefully 10.
I think with the likes of the Colts, Texans, etc in the mix. Feels like it's going to be 10 to get in

Houston plays the Jets and Titans twice. I think they likely get to at least 10. At this point they may be better than Cleveland so I could see them winning that game too.

The Colts schedule is much tougher. They go to Cincy and Atlanta while getting the Texans and Steelers at home. The Raiders are their most winnable game. I'm thinking 9 is the most likely number they end up with, but 10 is certainly possible.

I had thought the Bengals were cooked going into last night, but now I'm not so sure as Browning looks at least as good as Minshew. They play the Colts this weekend. If they win I could see them with 9 or 10. If they lose I think they are cooked.

Cleveland still has the Bears and Jets. As long as they get average QB play they most likely end up with 9. They have the Jags this weekend, the Texans, and Bengals which could be a huge game to end the season. I think its a safe bet at least one of Cleveland/Cincinnati get in.

I think Pittsburgh is awful, but they somehow have 7 wins. They'll beat the Patriots to have 8, but the schedule to end is Indy, Cincy, Seattle and Baltimore. I could see them losing all 4, but I would guess they findat least one other win in there somewhere.

The Broncos get the Chargers twice, Patriots, Raiders and Lions. They will at least get 3 wins to put them at 9

Buffalo needs to ensure themselves that they have a better record than Denver or Cincinnati since they lost to them head to head. 9 wins likely won't get it done. They will need to go 2-1 against KC/Dallas/Miami and not slip up against NE or in LA. I'm sure this will all come right down to the last weekend.

Last edited:
Buffalo needs to ensure themselves that they have a better record than Denver or Cincinnati since they lost to them head to head. 9 wins likely won't get it done. They will need to go 2-1 against KC/Dallas/Miami and not slip up against NE or in LA. I'm sure this will all come right down to the last weekend.
Heard the committee won’t hold the cincy loss against the bills since they lost their starting QB.

I think with the likes of the Colts, Texans, etc in the mix. Feels like it's going to be 10 to get in
Based on schedule alone the Texans are most likely in. It feels like there's 6 teams for 2 spots and that's not including the Raiders or Chargers who could both get back in it at 5-7.

Based on schedule alone the Texans are most likely in. It feels like there's 6 teams for 2 spots and that's not including the Raiders or Chargers who could both get back in it at 5-7.
Fwiw, DVOA playoff odds which are usually pretty solid have playoff odds as…

Houston 76.0
Cleveland 67.8
Indy 62.9
Pitt 56.9
Denver 13.6
Cincy 12.8
Buffalo 12.4
LAC 12.1

Tougher than I thought for the bills

Fwiw, DVOA playoff odds which are usually pretty solid have playoff odds as…

Houston 76.0
Cleveland 67.8
Indy 62.9
Pitt 56.9
Denver 13.6
Cincy 12.8
Buffalo 12.4
LAC 12.1

Tougher than I thought for the bills
Looks about right except for Pittsburgh who I think is terrible. The Colts/Bengals is a huge swing game this weekend. Buffalo not having the tie breaker against Cincinnati or Denver kills them.

Looks about right except for Pittsburgh who I think is terrible. The Colts/Bengals is a huge swing game this weekend. Buffalo not having the tie breaker against Cincinnati or Denver kills them.
Pitt's O/U right now is 9.5 which, assuming Pats are 8.

Assumes 2-2 to hit over? I would say that's an easy under but they win so many screwy games.

buffalo is so much better than all those teams in their current state except maybe Houston. IF they get in they are going to be a problem.

buffalo is so much better than all those teams in their current state except maybe Houston. IF they get in they are going to be a problem.
Maybe so, but right now they’ve beat one playoff team all year and that was in September.

I was surprised to not see more complaining about that holding call in OT. To me it was a routine hold that doesn't get called anymore much; he let go fairly quickly and the DLman flopped.
As someone that Jax in a survivor pool I agree :(

so with a crazy week that could be

Bills beat KC to go 7-6
Clev loses to Jags to go to 7-6
Pitt loses to NE to go to 7-6
Cinci beat Colts to both go to 7-6
Houston loses to Jets to go to 7-6
Denver Loses to Chargers to both go 6-7
Vegas beat Minn to go 6-7

6 way tie for the playoff spots.. 9 teams within a game.

Bills beat KC to go 7-6

Forget the bills beating the chiefs thing .

the difference between the Bills and KC this yr is that the Bills found a way to lose the close games that they were the better team in like Jets/NE/Eagles to not be 9-3 and KC found a way to win games they were not the better team like LV/Denver/Vikings/Jets to not be 4-8..

Bills beat KC to go 7-6

Houston and Pittsburgh are not losing this week. The rest is up for debate.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom