2023 NFL Thread | Page 75 | Syracusefan.com

2023 NFL Thread

If I was Vrabel, I’d want to coach in the NFC. Much easier path to the playoffs and Super Bowl. Atlanta makes sense for him.
Ya that's why I think LAC is overrated.
I wanted to bet last yr Denver doesn't host a single playoff game in the next decade. 1 down 9 to go.

This game was 37 years ago and a few years before I started watching the game, but how in the world did they call this FG good? I guess the officiating really has been poor forever.

This game was 37 years ago and a few years before I started watching the game, but how in the world did they call this FG good? I guess the officiating really has been poor forever.

it was probably 3-4 ft inside the post when it went by though..

was that in the old clev baseball stadium at that time?

Crosby says he wants a trade if Raiders don't hire Pierce.

I agree.. snow around buffalo will seem pretty normal for many until you get that last 10 miles or so from the stadium. Then parking and driving become a nightmare. how many people are prepared to plow their yards for this game? It might not be better for parking monday but driving should be much better.

You could have gone no fans and returned the money

Collins having a rough day for the Texans

It was good. And always great seeing one of my best football memories. Got to go to school the next day telling all the CNY haters to suck it

No brainer. It’s not the football they’re worried about it’s about people getting to and from Orchard Park. It’s going to be cold in KC but no reason to postpone
Yes it's brutally cold here in KC, but travel is fine now that the snow has been cleared from earlier this week.

Then there's this one from the 1965 playoff between the Packers and the Colts for the NFL Western title. Don Chandler is trying to kick the field goal that will send the game into overtime. The goals posts have both a left and right stanchion. What you are seeing is the left one. Note Chandler's reaction. But the refs, standing on the end line, called it good and the Packers won in OT and beat the Browns for the title the next week on the same field.

In this poor quality link, Shula points out one good thing: they put the refs under the uprights and extended them. It was called the "Baltimore extension":

But according to Packer's announcer Ray Scott, it "curved between the uprights". Right...

Then there's this one from the 1965 playoff between the Packers and the Colts for the NFL Western title. Don Chandler is trying to kick the field goal that will send the game into overtime. The goals posts have both a left and right stanchion. What you are seeing is the left one. Note Chandler's reaction. But the refs, standing on the end line, called it good and the Packers won in OT and beat the Browns for the title the next week on the same field.

In this poor quality link, Shula points out one good thing: they put the refs under the uprights and extended them. It was called the "Baltimore extension":

But according to Packer's announcer Ray Scott, it "curved between the uprights". Right...

How about the Toledo kick against Syracuse

Here’s hoping the Ginger Clapper doesn’t suck enough for NBC to keep Collinsworth with Tirico.

(His start wasn’t good)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom