2023 NFL Thread | Page 107 | Syracusefan.com

2023 NFL Thread

Bruh! The Super Bowl just went to OT and was decided on the last play of the game. And last years was also a 10 point comeback that was decided very late. If that’s boring I like boring. I could see if they were blowouts.
The game being boring is totally different than getting bored with the same team winning.

Mahomes was avg tonight and just like the other playoff games the D kept them in it.

Not sure SF did enough of what they do well.. Should have run 2 more sweeps at the end and not settle for a FG.

The game being boring is totally different than getting bored with the same team winning.
But it was the first back to back champion in 19 years. The NFL has incredible parity.

But it was the first back to back champion in 19 years. The NFL has incredible parity.
I look at it, one team winning all the time to the next one. The last decade NE/Brady or KC 7 out of 10. People tire of it fast. If it's your team, that's great, but for everyone else, blah

Just me or was there like zero atmosphere in that place ? I’ve heard louder reactions to a half time frisbee catching dog act than the Super Bowl winning catch

1. Greenlaw’s incredibly weird injury.
2. Punt that hit the players leg
3. Missed XP

Three freakish things that killed the Niners.
I thought the greenlaw injury changed the game. The D didn’t seem to ever get the same pressure on Mahomes, and they went after Greenlaws replacement. And that hurts their D to start next year.

He still has some work to do, but I think Mahomes is on track to be at worst the 2nd best of all-time after Brady. He's 1st in league history in passer rating and also 1st in passing yards per game. And he's just entering in his prime at age 28. I think he's the most talented QB in league history.

If he retired right now I would have him behind only Brady, Montana and Peyton.

Not that it means much, but the Niners are the early Vegas favorite next year just ahead of KC. I would have thought the opposite.

I hope someone with cap space like Houston or Indy throw a dump truck worth of money at Chris Jones to get him out of there.

So you're a ring only guy? I haven't bothered to look up all time stats and other criteria, but I'm much more than rings only when deciding that stuff. Impressive? Absolutely. Top 5? Jury's out still
Nope. Some average QB's have more than one ring. Eli comes to mind. But Mahomes does it all, and willed his team to victory the last two years. I mean, what CAN'T he do?

Mahomes is already one of the five greatest QB's of all-time.

Anyone care to differ with that opinion?
Why do we have to have this debate now? What if he never gets back. I think these debates are silly when someone likely plays 10 more years. The Brady/Mahomes debate is already turning into Jordan/Lebron.

Why do we have to have this debate now? What if he never gets back. I think these debates are silly when someone likely plays 10 more years. The Brady/Mahomes debate is already turning into Jordan/Lebron.
Lots of possible injuries Mahomes faces. Every time he runs I’m thinking something bad will happen. His running ‘style’ seems off somehow.

Nope. Some average QB's have more than one ring. Eli comes to mind. But Mahomes does it all, and willed his team to victory the last two years. I mean, what CAN'T he do?
His SB stats aren't that great tbh. I think he's awesome, but yesterday was the best game he's played in the SB. The Chiefs defense for whatever reason gets underrated year after year.

Lots of possible injuries Mahomes faces. Every time he runs I’m thinking something bad will happen. His running ‘style’ seems off somehow.
It doesn't even take into account the gauntlet he's going to have to face in the AFC. Logic says they are going to have a couple of tough years at some point. As soon as Burrow, Allen or Jackson beat him the same people calling him top 5 will then argue those guys deserve to be top 10. This stuff drives me nuts.

It doesn't even take into account the gauntlet he's going to have to face in the AFC. Logic says they are going to have a couple of tough years at some point. As soon as Burrow, Allen or Jackson beat him the same people calling him top 5 will then argue those guys deserve to be top 10. This stuff drives me nuts.
Gee, sorry for driving you nuts. I'll try to be more considerate in the future.

If I’m KC I would be very nervous about not seeing the ball again.

Edit: nevermind.
2nd time in playoffs Mahomes is on the bench crapping his pants about to lose.
Having Spags/Chris Jones I guess is like playing Madden; just dial up the "stop them" play in every big spot. Like Romo said, had to know they were gonna blitz. Needed 4 yards to win the game. They didn't have a 4 yard blitz beater throw to CMC to dial up?

1. Greenlaw’s incredibly weird injury.
2. Punt that hit the players leg
3. Missed XP

Three freakish things that killed the Niners.
They've recovered 7 of 8 fumbles in the two SF SB's. 1 TD "drive" of 13yds in regulation. What a life.

2nd time in playoffs Mahomes is on the bench crapping his pants about to lose.
Having Spags/Chris Jones I guess is like playing Madden; just dial up the "stop them" play in every big spot. Like Romo said, had to know they were gonna blitz. Needed 4 yards to win the game. They didn't have a 4 yard blitz beater throw to CMC to dial up?
Jones is just as good as Aaron Donald. There’s an argument to be made he was the MVP of their entire run. He causes the Allen inaccurate throw in the Divisional round and cause 2 Purdy overthrows on possible touchdowns yesterday. If that’s a normal DT the Chiefs aren’t even in yesterdays game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom