2023 NY Football Giants Season Thread | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

2023 NY Football Giants Season Thread

F8iB66TWIAAwAtC
More of a hold than the previous play was PI imo. Waller totally sold it as he should have.

Yeah and it always seems to happen as late as humanly possible. At least wreck it at 4PM.
Lol - I was so amped up thinking we were going to win that it took me another hour after the game to fall asleep. God, they’re such @$$-0’s.

Yeah two really really negative calls against the Giants. This sport has too many rules and interpretations
Just the way Roger and the scriptwriters like it.

If we had to pick one I'd rather make Roughing the QB penalties challenge eligible. That one on Allen was redonkulous.

There's holding on every play, that's the bargin everyone signs up for.

The illegal man downfield can be checked like offsides in soccer (I got that one right I think?) and clearly the roughing should be reviewed. Or at the very least have the eye in the sky ref call it off. It's a zillion dollar industry that allows for such insanely variable outcomes that aren't correct.

Ok, positives:

- defense played well overall. Best game from LBs we’ve had in a long time. Banks was able to stick with Diggs.

-We were able to blow open a couple holes for Barkley. Pugh got better. Once Thomas and the center come back we might be ok.

- Hyatt made a couple plays. Potential stud.

-Barkley looked healthy.

-Tyrod is the first good backup QB we’ve had in forever. He played well considering how horrible the pass blocking was.

I want 8-3 in the last 11.

Well, I want a pony, so... ;)

I don't think 8-3 is achievable with this roster, and I'm never wrong with my sports takes, but who knows. :)

Well, I want a pony, so... ;)

I don't think 8-3 is achievable with this roster, and I'm never wrong with my sports takes, but who knows. :)
Probably right. I’m clinging to us already playing 3 of the best teams in the league all on the road. That’s ridiculous. Lots of teams would come out if that 0-3.

Dallas has been a horrific matchup for us, for years.

And we were mostly without our 2 best players on offense, that are really irreplaceable for us. I’m hoping with Barkley and Thomas and an easier schedule and more home games, we can get on a roll. Jets, Raiders, Patriots, Saints, Packers, Rams, and Washington should all be very beatable. Ok, very doubtful we actually win them all but I’m trying to be hopeful.

Ok, positives:

- defense played well overall. Best game from LBs we’ve had in a long time. Banks was able to stick with Diggs.

-We were able to blow open a couple holes for Barkley. Pugh got better. Once Thomas and the center come back we might be ok.

- Hyatt made a couple plays. Potential stud.

-Barkley looked healthy.

-Tyrod is the first good backup QB we’ve had in forever. He played well considering how horrible the pass blocking was.

You're closer to the Caleb sweepstakes than finishing 8-3

You're closer to the Caleb sweepstakes than finishing 8-3
Ok, if I’m being pessimistic - we’ll go 5-12, pick #7 and get another lemon of a lineman.

Serious hot take, but maybe we should’ve saved that Jones money for more OL, paid Barkley, and rolled with Tyrod?

Waller! Same play that would’ve won the Bills game if their guy didn’t maul him and get away with it.

Dropped a punt to hand them their TD.

Barkley’s 2nd lost fumble in 1,027 carries cost us at least 3, maybe 7.

Thibs dropped possibly the easiest, most gift wrapped pick 6 I’ve ever seen.

And we missed another FG. This could’ve easily been a 27-0, 31-0 type game.

Defense came through and kept them out of the end zone. W is a W.

Still don’t see why we can’t win 7 of the next 10 if we get Thomas back and get some lucky breaks. We got lucky breaks last year - we’ve gotten none this year. We’re due?

Beyond that, defense has played well two weeks in a row, Barkley is healthy, more receivers are contributing, and Tyrod is managing a horrific OL about as well as you can hope for.

Also - I don’t care if Jones is healthy or not. Make something up to avoid controversy, and stay with Tyrod for now. He gives us a better chance to win with this OL.

Probably right. I’m clinging to us already playing 3 of the best teams in the league all on the road. That’s ridiculous. Lots of teams would come out if that 0-3.

Dallas has been a horrific matchup for us, for years.

And we were mostly without our 2 best players on offense, that are really irreplaceable for us. I’m hoping with Barkley and Thomas and an easier schedule and more home games, we can get on a roll. Jets, Raiders, Patriots, Saints, Packers, Rams, and Washington should all be very beatable. Ok, very doubtful we actually win them all but I’m trying to be hopeful.
teams that dont really have an offense are always beatable.

Dropped a punt to hand them their TD.

Barkley’s 2nd lost fumble in 1,027 carries cost us at least 3, maybe 7.

Thibs dropped possibly the easiest, most gift wrapped pick 6 I’ve ever seen.

And we missed another FG. This could’ve easily been a 27-0, 31-0 type game.

Defense came through and kept them out of the end zone. W is a W.

Still don’t see why we can’t win 7 of the next 10 if we get Thomas back and get some lucky breaks. We got lucky breaks last year - we’ve gotten none this year. We’re due?

Beyond that, defense has played well two weeks in a row, Barkley is healthy, more receivers are contributing, and Tyrod is managing a horrific OL about as well as you can hope for.

Also - I don’t care if Jones is healthy or not. Make something up to avoid controversy, and stay with Tyrod for now. He gives us a better chance to win with this OL.
If you are going to play jones you can run the full offense and not worry as much about his running too much.. His best thing is his legs.

If you are going to play jones you can run the full offense and not worry as much about his running too much.. His best thing is his legs.
Is Thomas back next week?

I just don’t want to see Jones behind the crap OL. 10-11 sacks in a game is nuts.

So far this year it seems Jones has the higher ceiling, but also the lower floor - at least when we’re trotting out the OL we’ve had to play with.

This is about what I expected. Defensive struggle, but the Jets D is just a little better than ours and the Jets O is not quite as bad as ours.

Seems like a game we probably lose 17-6 or something, unless we get a lucky play. I can’t see how we can move the ball on them. We can’t block them, and nobody can get open, so what can we do?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom