2023 Schedule Guesses | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

2023 Schedule Guesses

princeton brings back tyler sandoval who faced off at 54% last year and adds andrew mcmeekin, one of if not the top faceoff guy in the class. it's not an elite unit but not sure that's a bad spot either.

playing princeton on the road and i assume maryland and cornell on the road as well if they do the reverse of last year. yikes!

Was worried you were talking about Rutgers and I was not in the mood to deal with that. This is a good but challenging addition.

Lol no Rutty thankfully, that series has ended and will probably be dormant for a while.

So the known schedule right now is:

3/21 H St. Bonaventure
??? @ Princeton

Am I missing anything?

So the known schedule right now is:

3/21 H St. Bonaventure
??? @ Princeton

Am I missing anything?

at Maryland
Hopkins
at Hobart
Albany
at Cornell

Duke
at Duke
North Carolina
at North Carolina
Notre Dame
at Virginia

Bonaventure is the only one with an actual date.

at Maryland
Hopkins
at Hobart
Albany
at Cornell

Duke
at Duke
North Carolina
at North Carolina
Notre Dame
at Virginia

Could be conjecture but have heard rumblings one of the long running NY oppontents may be taking a hiatus. I assume this to mean either army or cornell but again could just be a bad rumor.

at Maryland
Hopkins
at Hobart
Albany
at Cornell

Duke
at Duke
North Carolina
at North Carolina
Notre Dame
at Virginia

Honestly, I’m not taking any of the presumptive non-conference games for granted. Gait seems wildly unpredictable and I could see him trying to get out of certain series.

Honestly, I’m not taking any of the presumptive non-conference games for granted. Gait seems wildly unpredictable and I could see him trying to get out of certain series.

Gait seems to have embraced the "Anyone, anytime" mantra from the Simmons era.

Although we did bite off a bit much last year.

If we go strictly based off of last year, the shedule looks like this.

St. Bonaventure
at Princeton
at Maryland
Hopkins
at Hobart
Albany
at Cornell
Duke
at Duke
North Carolina
at North Carolina
Notre Dame
at Virginia

That's 13 games, I beleive SU is looking to play 14 again so let's say that 14th game is a lower level opponent, lets go with say Binghamton.

Unknown but lower level opp - Binghamton/Siena/Canisius etc
at Princeton
at Maryland
Hopkins
at Hobart
Albany
at Cornell
Duke
at Duke
North Carolina
at North Carolina
Notre Dame
at Virginia

Schedule is pretty much the same from last year if not a tad tougher when you now throw Princeton in the mix instead of Stony Brook. If Gait is serious about lightening up the schedule a bit SU is either going to play a 15th game against a lesser type team, take off a Cornell or Army or see if Maryland will bump back the return game a few years.

With the current schedule Army will certainly take a step back from last years team and you would assume the Albany game was a one year blip. You also get Duke and UNC twice versus ND and UVA who are the top 2 ACC teams. Still the Princeton game on its face makes little sense if Gait truly wanted to lighten up the schedule as he previously noted.

St. Bonaventure
at Princeton
at Maryland
Hopkins
at Hobart
Albany
at Cornell
Duke
at Duke
North Carolina
at North Carolina
Notre Dame
at Virginia

That's 13 games, I beleive SU is looking to play 14 again so let's say that 14th game is a lower level opponent, lets go with say Binghamton.

at Princeton
at Maryland
Hopkins
at Hobart
Albany
at Cornell
Duke
at Duke
North Carolina
at North Carolina
Notre Dame
at Virginia

Schedule is pretty much the same from last year if not a tad tougher when you now throw Princeton in the mix instead of Stony Brook. If Gait is serious about lightening up the schedule a bit SU is either going to play a 15th game against a lesser type team, take off a Cornell or Army or see if Maryland will bump back the return game a few years.

With the current schedule Army will certainly take a step back from last years team and you would assume the Albany game was a one year blip. You also get Duke and UNC twice versus ND and UVA who are the top 2 ACC teams. Still the Princeton game on its face makes little sense if Gait truly wanted to lighten up the schedule as he previously noted.
Add a couple breathers in there and I am fine with that. Maybe that rumor you heard refers to Cornell and we added an Ivy team to make up for losing them.

Add a couple breathers in there and I am fine with that. Maybe that rumor you heard refers to Cornell and we added an Ivy team to make up for losing them.

I am thinking they may have considered it but still find it hard to believe they would not play Cornell or Army. The one that makes the most sense is Albany but they aren't projected to be really that good so not sure dropping them makes a lot of sense

Last edited:
I am thinking they may have considered it but still find it hard to believe they would not play Cornell or Arny. The one that makes the most sense is Albany but they aren't projected to be really thay good so not sure dropping them makes a lot of sense

Albany is sponsored by Gait lacrosse. That might not mean anything, but the sense I have gotten is that Marr is friendly with the Gait brothers. Now, after last year ... ?

I may see Marr on Wednesday and I will try to find out.

Albany is sponsored by Gait lacrosse. That might not mean anything, but the sense I have gotten is that Marr is friendly with the Gait brothers. Now, after last year ... ?

I may see Marr on Wednesday and I will try to find out.

I do think they have a good relationship and I fully expect they will be on the schedule

Looks like Hofstra is now confirmed. We are on their schedule in March.

Tuesday night game, March 14th at 7pm.

Hofstra was a mainstay for spring scrimmages. Been a number of years since they played a regular season game against the Pride. I like that they will continue to have a game against a Long Island team. A Tuesday night game on the road makes me nervous. Last memory of a road game against Hofstra was way back in 2003 - a stinker of a loss, 8-6.

Tuesday night game, March 14th at 7pm.

Hofstra was a mainstay for spring scrimmages. Been a number of years since they played a regular season game against the Pride. I like that they will continue to have a game against a Long Island team. A Tuesday night game on the road makes me nervous. Last memory of a road game against Hofstra was way back in 2003 - a stinker of a loss, 8-6.

Huh, really bizarre this game is being played on the road this year with SU already at Maryland, Princeton etc. Odd

St. Bonaventure
at Princeton
at Maryland
Hopkins
at Hobart
Albany
at Cornell
Duke
at Duke
North Carolina
at North Carolina
Notre Dame
at Virginia

at Princeton
at Maryland
Hopkins
at Hobart
Albany
at Cornell
Duke
at Duke
North Carolina
at North Carolina
Notre Dame
at Virginia

Confirmed games with date and time (x2):
Tuesday, March 14th at Hofstra
Tuesday, March 21st vs St Bonaventure

Other confirmed games (x8):
at Princeton
vs Duke
at Duke
vs UNC
at UNC
vs Notre Dame
at Virginia
(?) Holy Cross

Carryover games from last year (x5):
vs Albany
vs Army
at Cornell
vs Johns Hopkins
at Maryland

So that is 15 games, which is a lot. To me, the more games the better, but man those are some tough games. Depending on the Holy Cross game (my inkling is a home game) they have eight home games and seven away games. They can have 17 "events" which includes scrimmages. They are scheduled for one down at Loyola this October. Perhaps they get rid of one of their spring scrimmages? Or perhaps they are indeed dropping one of the New York teams. They have played Cornell 107 times so I have a real hard time seeing them end that rivalry. The Albany series is relatively newish at 20 times. Keeping Cornell on the schedule would make for an incredibly difficult schedule though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom