2023 Schedule Guesses | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

2023 Schedule Guesses

First game possibly Feb 4th vs Vermont. Crazy how early these games are starting.

Wow. You’re sure it’s not a scrimmage? That is crazy early. Vermont is tough but they lose a bunch of good players from last year. Like Jeremy said, faceoff would be a major concern. But two years ago Burke got the better of Phaup and Syracuse won.

Wow. You’re sure it’s not a scrimmage? That is crazy early. Vermont is tough but they lose a bunch of good players from last year. Like Jeremy said, faceoff would be a major concern. But two years ago Burke got the better of Phaup and Syracuse won.
That’s what I thought but was told it’s a reg season game.

vermont in the dome without mcconvey, mccormack, limoges, and goalie cornell (56% last year) shouldn't be a huge issue for the orange. if it is, that means it will probably be a long season anyway

Not sure I love that potential matchup to open the season.
Honestly I think it is better than the false confidence of playing a completely inferior team like Holy Cross to start. Have to be ready to go out of the gate. Also they lose a boatload of offensive power.

Honestly I think it is better than the false confidence of playing a completely inferior team like Holy Cross to start. Have to be ready to go out of the gate. Also they lose a boatload of offensive power.

Ya I mean holy cross last year certainly didn't do much for the rest of the year but with a real young team I am not sure a total pushover to start is the worst thing in the world. However, as NYC noted, Vermont lost a ton offensively so even with issues at the X SU should win that game comfortably.

Talking to a Duke parent and he happily shared when they play Syracuse.

March 4th - vs Duke in San Diego
April 29th - @ Duke
should be a great atmosphere in socal but not ideal to lose home field advantage in what was supposed to be a home game vs. duke

should be a great atmosphere in socal but not ideal to lose home field advantage in what was supposed to be a home game vs. duke

Presumably Duke would lose their home game the following year. One would hope at least. Though no one goes to Duke home games so it won’t be like they are losing any sort of advantage.

It sort of sounds like they might be starting up the Pacific Coast Shootout again. It seemed to stop with the covid.
A good way for Orange lacrosse to spred its name to the West Coast.
Unless they get dumpstered by Duke

Talking to a Duke parent and he happily shared when they play Syracuse.

March 4th - vs Duke in San Diego
April 29th - @ Duke
Can't be March 4th because according to Hofstra schedule Cuse plays there March 5th on a Tuesday. It's probably just the wrong date.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom