2023 Schedule | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

2023 Schedule

And it's a fair complaint. Those of us who watched the game knew within minutes that the surface shouldn't have been played on. Now imagine having to play on that for three hours. Both squads looked like they were on ice initially trying to get a feel for what was underneath them.
They are better off keeping the dirt infield instead of putting turf down.

Im not saying it is the reason, just that it would be the only justification I would understand.
I highly doubt it’s the seats because more than likely we will be playing BC at the dome on Thanksgiving weekend.

The only justification for this would be if the ACC said our TV partner demands a game in NYC and because you do among the least for football you are being forced to do this.
I don’t think this is the case and Wildhack just wanted a fundraiser game and took a paycheck from the Yankees. This screws STHs.

Wildhack is entering some pretty bad territory with this and if JB isn’t replaced in the spring.

Absolutely about $$$$$$$$

The question is, how many locals and season ticket holders have you alienated?

You just lost A LOT of good faith with CNYers

The amount of people that will stop buying tickets or being "fans" won't even move the meter in making this decision. That part of the calculus took about 5 seconds to evaluate.

This is certainly about money. It says a lot about the state of affairs on the Hill as it relates to football and football season ticket sales and revenue generation. Truth must be that we'll make more money at an away "home" game in NYC than in our own building. That's why they're not "worried" about the good will of CNYers.

As an aside, I'll be at the game as well as all of our regular home games, God willing.

It better be for a metric s-ton of money to endure the PR damage they're going to suffer. And I still doubt it's worth it.

This program has no margin for error, both on the field and off. This seems to be a huge unforced error that impacts both.

PR damage? Outside of this Board and some season ticket holders, absolutely no one cares about this announcement. The down state alums (who donate more than local ticket holders) are probably happy with the decision. They thought this through before they sold the game.

The sad thing is its more worthwhile financially to the program to have a game at Yankee stadium than having it at the Dome.

PR damage? Outside of this Board and some season ticket holders, absolutely no one cares about this announcement. The down state alums (who donate more than local ticket holders) are probably happy with the decision. They thought this through before they sold the game.

The sad thing is its more worthwhile financially to the program to have a game at Yankee stadium than having it at the Dome.
Sorry but none of the NYC alumni want to see another game in Yankee Stadium. Especially against a team like Pitt.

Our last game there was poorly attended. This game will be even worse. People will wait to see how good the team is and what the weather will be like. Then if they have nothing else going on they will pick up tickets late as there will be no demand and seats will be easy to get.

Especially if it's on TV. If Pitt and Syracuse are decent headed into that game, it likely lands on national ESPN as opposed to the ACCN.

Sorry but none of the NYC alumni want to see another game in Yankee Stadium. Especially against a team like Pitt.

Our last game there was poorly attended. This game will be even worse. People will wait to see how good the team is and what the weather will be like. Then if they have nothing else going on they will pick up tickets late as there will be no demand and seats will be easy to get.
The last game was poorly attended because it was at 230 on a Thursday afternoon. Many of us had to work.

That game had 31K people, well over 20K were ours. During a weekday over a break where a lot of people go away otherwise.

Are you saying they'll all stay home? All of them?

The amount of people that will stop buying tickets or being "fans" won't even move the meter in making this decision. That part of the calculus took about 5 seconds to evaluate.

This is certainly about money. It says a lot about the state of affairs on the Hill as it relates to football and football season ticket sales and revenue generation. Truth must be that we'll make more money at an away "home" game in NYC than in our own building. That's why they're not "worried" about the good will of CNYers.

As an aside, I'll be at the game as well as all of our regular home games, God willing.
This is similar to how I view it. This is a one time opportunity to make some money and get some publicity on a game that would otherwise be another forgetful nooner on ACCN. I'm frustrated to lose a dome game like everyone else here, but we all know most people will still go to the games and buy their tickets regardless. From Wildhack's perspective the fans aren't really going anywhere, take an opportunity to make some extra cash when you can.

Unfortunately from SU’s perspective ticket sales have virtually nothing to do with this. Likely that the Yankees are writing the check and, unlike the bowl, we won’t be splitting with the opponent and we won’t have our share divided up by the conference. We also likely didn’t get a ticket allotment that we are responsible for.

The last game was poorly attended because it was at 230 on a Thursday afternoon. Many of us had to work.

No one really works that week. Secondly we had a better turn out the last two times we played in that game.

Casual NYC fans would buy tickets in advance for Clemson. They won’t for Pitt.

John Wildhack does very little inspire confidence as AD.
He has let basketball get out of control.
He does this with a football program that needs a bowl season.

The only people that like Wildhack are ones who he has established private relationships with. This decision stinks and he will gaslight us. No reason at all for this. The Gross games made sense because they were pre-ACC. This just sucks.
Wow, that is way over the top. “The only people……

Yeah, I don’t think so

I dont need free tickets does not move my anger about this at all. I guess Ill go to a couple basketball games but still not excited by this. Also I hope the VA tech or Ga Tech games aren't before or after this game, because I dont think I want to travel away two weeks in a row when one of the games is Pitt.

That game had 31K people, well over 20K were ours. During a weekday over a break where a lot of people go away otherwise.

Are you saying they'll all stay home? All of them?

Exactly.

No. Do I think people will wait and see before buying? Yes, as there is zero incentive to do otherwise. If we are 5-3, then I doubt there is much more than 30k there. Why would there be?

The other Yankee Stadium regular season non Notre Dame games haven’t done well. This is our 5th time there and it sucks for football. People aren’t lining up for this.

There are different issues..

Going from 7 to 6 home games.. I wonder how many really care.. Most people I know dont go to all the games in the first place.. I am fine with 6 home games. And unless you are hard core tail gater who attends every game 6 vs 7 is not a big deal. that puts you in the 5% of STH.

Moving Pitt.. again who cares. If its not Clemson how much do most care? Pitt doesnt move the needle and the reality is there is a chance for better attendance in NYC from Pitt fans than coming to the Dome.

Paying for 7 and getting 6. Thats an issue. The perk means nothing to me of some random other event I dont attend.

The field may suck.. Thats an issue for the team not the fans.

Moving the game wont help/hurt us in winning.

Exactly.

No. Do I think people will wait and see before buying? Yes, as there is zero incentive to do otherwise. If we are 5-3, then I doubt there is much more than 30k there. Why would there be?

The other Yankee Stadium regular season non Notre Dame games haven’t done well. This is our 5th time there and it sucks for football. People aren’t lining up for this.
If you sell 30k for a Dome game you get low 20ish who show up.. If you sell 30K for this game most everyone will show up.

Exactly.

I don't like that place for football.

We had 28K for Pitt in 2021. 44K (we were ranked 21?!) for Pitt in 2019. I'm sure we will do fine in the tri-state area if the season is going well enough.

That being said this is likely being done for a big check.

Find me another school in our conference that would move a home game against their rival to any neutral field, let alone one 4 hours from their campus. Clown decision.

Excited to tell my season ticket group chat that the school moved a home game but that they all will owe me the same amount as last season.

This chit is more mid-major than getting our coaches poached.

Find me another school in our conference that would move a home game against their rival to any neutral field, let alone one 4 hours from their campus. Clown decision.

Excited to tell my season ticket group chat that the school moved a home game but that they all will owe me the same amount as last season.

This chit is more mid-major than getting our coaches poached.

Georgia Tech played Clemson neutral site this year (In Atlanta NFL venue full of Clemson fans), year before game was at Clemson.

Exactly.

Id rather go to NYC for a game than the jma. to be honest. gameday atmosphere blows.

I don't like that place for football.

We had 28K for Pitt in 2021. 44K (we were ranked 21?!) for Pitt in 2019. I'm sure we will do fine in the tri-state area if the season is going well enough.

That being said this is likely being done for a big check.

Agreed this is for the money. And on a lessor note exposure as it is of historical significance. The premise that this excites the NYC area fan IMO is a false one.

People were there for Notre Dame if not the Pinstripes. They know the stadium stinks, there is no tailgating, and Pitt is no Notre Dame.

IMO this is like the BBall team playing in Brooklyn this year. It is in my backyard but I had zero desire to go.

I will be surprised if the game is more than 2/3 full. Knowing that, why would a fan buy a ticket before Halloween?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom