2023 Schedule | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

2023 Schedule

You might be right about the bottom line. Of course, that depends on what the SUAD got paid for the game.

What is clearly not accounted for is the impact on the greater Syracuse community in CNY. The economy being what it is, the whole Syracuse community just lost $$.
  • The local hotels just lost several hundred (or thousands) bookings for that weekend.
  • The local restaurants and bars just lost thousands of dollars.
  • It sux for the student body.
  • It sux for the players.
  • It sux for the coaches and their families.
No bueno all around.

BINGO

Absolutely slap in the face to the CNY community….

You might be right about the bottom line. Of course, that depends on what the SUAD got paid for the game.

What is clearly not accounted for is the impact on the greater Syracuse community in CNY. The economy being what it is, the whole Syracuse community just lost $$.
  • The local hotels just lost several hundred (or thousands) bookings for that weekend.
  • The local restaurants and bars just lost thousands of dollars.
  • It sux for the student body.
  • It sux for the players.
  • It sux for the coaches and their families.
No bueno all around.
Precisely. I said as much in my note to JW. It's bad for the team. It's bad for Dino. It's bad for the local community.

Even if it's a net positive for the athletic department budget, it's still a bad idea in my mind.

Where does the money come from? Who cares about this game outside of Syracuse and Pitt?

None of the math makes any sense to me. There tickets aren't that expensive to go in NY, hardly anyone buys them, no one cares about the backdrop on TV.

Everything is stupid
First season for the unbalanced schedule and we shoot ourselves in the foot.

Also if you MUST do this, announce it two years in advance. The schedule was all but set and you take a game away. It's a bad look to ask for money and then do this. It's just terrible all around.

BINGO

Absolutely slap in the face to the CNY community….
I wonder just how much is lost on an avg game day.. if the opp doesnt travel ( and few do) how much is spent locally by fans.. the people that i know spend on avg zero around town during a game day.. they travel in, spend some in the dome and go home..

Su must have the numbers but how many SU fans come in and stay over night? I would think the number is pretty low ? 5% maybe? Maybe its higher if you factor in some parents/alumni on those special weekends? Do we think its higher than that?

in the 35 yrs I have been going to games for fball i dont think of more than 5 times I ever ate out and never ever have stayed over Now for a bball game I have eaten out before a game.

Geez that 3 game run and then one of our easier ACC games is a Thursday night.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom