2023 Schedule | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

2023 Schedule

So when was this bright idea first brought up? You would think that this game has been in the making for awhile, so why exactly did we push to be in the Pinstripe Bowl?

I would assume this came up around the time we accepted the bid to go to the Pinstripe Bowl

The Yankees would love for us to play at Yankee Stadium every season

Why in the world would you ever consider taking a conference home game and moving it to a neutral location? The only advantage we have over Pitt is playing them at home. Our chance of winning this game just dropped considerably. This is one of the most stupid decisions ever made by the athletic department. Why spend money renovating the Dome to then move a home game somewhere else? Our chance of having a non losing conference record just went down the tubes. You already have three guaranteed conference losses playing Clemson, FSU and North Carolina. Wildhack just screwed Dino Babers and the entire football team. I find this to be the biggest slap in the face you can give to season ticket holders. There is no way you can sugar coat this decision. That’s like asking Clemson to play their biggest rival FSU on a neutral field. Once again, the ACC shows zero respect to SU.
Our chance of winning conference record went down the tubes by switching one game to a site 4 hours away……… not sure I buy that .

Better hope we don’t go 5-7 next year w/a loss to Pitt. Can’t fire your coach if you’re the reason why we miss a bowl game.

I’m a huge JW supporter, but can’t remotely support this decision.

Would love to know the back story.
Same. I emailed my frustration. And point blank said -- if there was another reason for doing it, tell us. But don't gaslight us with this nonsense.

Get ready fans because in 2123 the home game with Pitt will be moved to crumbling Yankee Stadium to celebrate the anniversary of Pitt and SU playing the first game in Yankee Stadium. Who cares about a game played 100 or 200 years ago. It’s the lamest excuse I’ve ever heard to lose a conference home game.

This is garbage. I was on the fence about renewing as I live out of state. Even though I paid my deposit, I think I’ll let them keep it. Does anyone know if mini-Kiss will be playing at halftime of the Putt game?
I'm tempted to spite cancel my tickets I'm so annoyed.

John Wildhack does very little inspire confidence as AD.
He has let basketball get out of control.
He does this with a football program that needs a bowl season.

The only people that like Wildhack are ones who he has established private relationships with. This decision stinks and he will gaslight us. No reason at all for this. The Gross games made sense because they were pre-ACC. This just sucks.

You know what burns me the most... NO other ACC team would ever give up a home game for this type of promotional crap!! It just shows how low of a program SU is in the ACC. They are no doubt the bottom of the pecking order. Can you imagine Clemson doing anything like this! I'm not comparing SU to Clemson, I am just stating that they would never do this to their fan base. ADJW can try to promote the crap out of SU fans in NYC and how they represent the entire state but it is all just a slap in the face to all STH'ers

This Pitt game stuff is the kind of thing they should put in end of season surveys to gauge STH interest before decisions even need to be made. Again it's not clear to me if this is all on Syracuse or if the ACC was also nudging this as well but at least if they get customer feedback on "things like this " it can be better managed and messaged. Telling us we are great supporting fans in some email or something and that will spur some sort of "yeah we are, let's do this " response is kinda weaksauce.

The basketball only fans who didn't want to go to the acc were right. "We aren't trying to win, the league is a joke, we give away important league games, football is worthless, might as well have let it die and just play basketball" isn't as dumb as I once thought

Last edited:
This Pitt game stuff is the kind of thing they should put in end of season surveys to gauge STH interest before decisions even need to be made. Again it's not clear to me if this is all on Syracuse or if the ACC was also nudging this as well but at least if they get customer feedback on "things like this " it can be better managed and messaged. Telling us we are great supporting fans in some email or something and that will spur some sort of "yeah we are, let's do this " response is kinda weaksauce.

All SU on this

The ONLY justification I can think of is - the university knows that Syracuse has 2 road games to end the year (or 1 road game before and 1 after this depending on the basketball schedule) and moving this game (somehow) allows for seats to get torn up in time for basketball season. I doubt it, because that doesn’t seem like nearly enough time but we shall see…

The basketball only fans who didn't want to go to the acc were right. "We aren't trying to win, the league is a joke, we give away important hunger games, football is worthless, might as well have let it die and just play basketball" isn't as dumb as I once thought
same. This is so incredibly frustrated. Next time they text me and ask for more money, they're getting a middle finger in response. This is how you alienate alums and fans.

The ONLY justification I can think of is - the university knows that Syracuse has 2 road games to end the year (or 1 road game before and 1 after this depending on the basketball schedule) and moving this game (somehow) allows for seats to get torn up in time for basketball season. I doubt it, because that doesn’t seem like nearly enough time but we shall see…
and if that was the reason, SAY IT. If they blamed it on a renovation, I would oblige.

Will the turf be in better shape, being it's a month earlier than Pinstripe Bowl?
Depends on when the Yankees season ends. If they're playing in October, the field may be in good condition by Yankee Stadium standards. When the Pinstripe Bowl was played in December, there wasn't much incentive for them to keep it in tip top shape.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom