2023 Schedule | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

2023 Schedule

Then we should have pushed for any Bowl but Fenway/Pinstripe last season.

BTW the whole concept is kind of dumb. How can you have an anniversary game for a stadium that no longer exists?
When Yale played Army...renewing a rivalry to celebrate 100th anniversary of the Yale Bowl that made sense to me :). That said it made it a better home game :)

Fnzhs1naYAMlubY

Sometimes it's good to remember who your opponent has to play before they play you.
Good to see that a number of the teams we play are after they play Clemson. Clemson v. FST before we play Clemson is interesting.

Purdue has an entirely new coaching staff including one of Babers former coaches, Matt Mattox.

Since being officially named as Purdue football's next head coach for the 2023 season, Ryan Walters has been assembling his staff and hitting the recruiting trail.

The Boilermakers brought in offensive coordinator Graham Harrell and defensive coordinator Kevin Kane during Walters' first week at the helm. The team officially announced the rest of the coaching staff on Wednesday.

Alongside Walters, Harrell and Kane, the Boilermakers welcomed Cory Patterson (associate head coach/wide receivers), Sam Carter (cornerbacks), Lamar Conard (running backs), Joe Dineen (outside linebackers), Seth Doege (tight ends), Brick Haley (defensive line), Matt Mattox (offensive line), Grant O'Brien (safeties) and Kiero Small (director of strength and conditioning).
I think your point is that Purdue is rebooting with Brohm leaving (plus O'Connell and their "vocal" TE), which makes them more vulnerable. Completely agree- but my worry is our track record on the road against P5 conference opponents has not been good.

I do think this is an early swing game (which ironically Purdue was as well this past year)- win this and we're likely 4-0 going into a home game against Clemson. Given the four games that follow (Clemson, UNC, FSU, Thursday night at VT), we could quite easily be 4-4 or 5-3 with the back end of the schedule easing off...lose to the Boilermakers and as Tiger Woods used to say, it could get late early.

Purdue got the backup from Texas Card to transfer there to play QB.
It’s going to be a 50-50 game at best. We can win it but I would be surprised if we do as I think Purdue is pretty solid these last few years.

We needed 3-1 in nonconference. Split Purdue/Army

2-2 at home for conference games. BC and ?

1-3 on the road. Virginia or Georgia Tech?

Losing that Pitt game at home makes it harder.

I can understand the Pitt game complaints and that could have the potential to impact what type of bowl we qualify for. But as far as complaining about the schedule itself; don’t ever complain about the schedule and also complain we should have joined the B10. If we can’t handle an ACC schedule then we should drop to the Patriot League.

The problem I have with the ACC scheduling is that it is unbalanced. Every year we have a stretch of one home out of four games. That should be umpossible.

I think its a brutal schedule but if luck is on your side could be a big year,
Purdue has what could be an absolute brutal schedule to start, Syracuse is sandwiched between a road game at Va Tech, and a home game against Wisconsin.
Beat Purdue and your 4-0 with Clemson at home, after they play FSU, maybe they "let FSU beat them twice"

And yes NC is going to be very good I think, but they have what i think is the toughest schedule in the ACC.

I feel like we haven't played a Thursday night game in a while. Back in the Big East days we always played a Thursday night game but around the early 2010s or so it shifted to Friday nights.

I feel like we haven't played a Thursday night game in a while. Back in the Big East days we always played a Thursday night game but around the early 2010s or so it shifted to Friday nights.
Got a Thursday night followed by a Friday night. Two primetime games.

Not sure what people have to complain about. Get Clemson at home early, after they play FSU, get an open week prior to VT and then BC before Pitt.

Very manageable schedule
You realize why SU is the opponent after a big game for ACC teams...right? These teams want to play a game that is a highly percentage winnable game. Knowing that SU has the least ACC wins since joining the league, they are clearly not that good. Sucks to say but it is the truth based on facts.

You realize why SU is the opponent after a big game for ACC teams...right? These teams want to play a game that is a highly percentage winnable game. Knowing that SU has the least ACC wins since joining the league, they are clearly not that good. Sucks to say but it is the truth based on facts.
4 of the last six games with Clemson have been between three and six points and have gone to the final possession

I really don’t give a damn about the other teams perspective.

We are going to lose at FSU anyway and winning at UNC is a really tough game so I’m fine with getting those back to back before the bye. Get healthy and finish the year 4-1.

"Past results do not guarantee future performance."

The problem I have with the ACC scheduling is that it is unbalanced. Every year we have a stretch of one home out of four games. That should be umpossible.

Duke, WF, Miami, VT, and GT all have stretches like that, it's really not that unordinary especially if you want to fill September with mostly homes games.

Another front loaded home schedule with four home games in September.

I would prefer two home games each month but it never happens.
It’s tough when you play your 4 non conference games up front with three of them at home more often than not.

Big Ten and SEC find a way to schedule a non conference cupcake at home later in the year. Why can’t the ACC?

smells like 5-7, 6-6, or 4-8. That's the vegas odds whenever I evergreen look at SU Football schedules pre-season

You mean 4 in Sept, zero Oct home games.
Well, if Clemson is an 8 pm kickoff and goes into OT, it may end in October.

So there’s that…..

Won’t affect a lot of people but playing what is left as the second most attractive home game Thanksgiving weekend means anyone going to Maui for basketball will likely miss that one too.

Duke, WF, Miami, VT, and GT all have stretches like that, it's really not that unordinary especially if you want to fill September with mostly homes games.

It should be unordinary. There are only 8 games, no team should play 3 out of 4 on the road. It is bad for the team and the fans. Who the heck likes a bunch of games together and then a long break?

Both Wake and Pitt have some real tough schedules prior to us. And GT has us sandwiched between two huge opponents.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom