Saturday, Sept. 9
Western Michigan at Syracuse, TBD time/network

Saturday, Sept. 16
Syracuse at Purdue, 7:30 p.m., NBC

Thursday, Oct. 26
Syracuse at Virginia Tech, 7:30 p.m., ESPN

Friday, Nov. 3
Boston College at Syracuse, 7:30 p.m., ESPN2
I like the 4 PM start time for the Colgate game. Just not a fan of noon kickoffs. Gotta be at least 1 pm or later to make me happy.

I don't like seeing ACCNX/ESPN+ next to the game.

I hope no ACC athletic event played at an ACC venue ever appears on ESPN+. That is what ACCNX is for. ACC content should never EVER appear on ESPN+.

I will be very disappointed and upset if this somehow becomes the case.

When I look at the schedule on cuse.com, the Colgate game lists as being on ACCNX. I hope that is correct.

I like the 4 PM start time for the Colgate game. Just not a fan of noon kickoffs. Gotta be at least 1 pm or later to make me happy.

I hope no ACC athletic event played at an ACC venue ever appears on ESPN+. That is what ACCNX is for. ACC content should never EVER appear on ESPN+.

When I look at the schedule on cuse.com, the Colgate game lists as being on ACCNX. I hope that is correct.
I am almost positive that just means it's available on both. We had a few basketball games last year that were on both ACCNX and ESPN+. At least I know the exhibition games were for sure.

ACCNX and ESPN+ are essentially one in the same. The only difference is that if a game is on ACCNX it can be accessed on Watch ESPN by logging in with your cable provider, assuming you have the ACC Network as part of your package. If you don't have ACC Network as part of your cable package, you can still watch the game if you are an ESPN+ subscriber. If you subscribe to neither, then you are out of luck. Hope that makes sense.

ACCNX is only available to cable/satellite subscribers who get ACC Network.

ESPN+ means that anyone with a sub can access the game coast-to-coast.

Not that anyone in BF Montana would care about SU v Colgate anyways.

ACCNX and ESPN+ are essentially one in the same. The only difference is that if a game is on ACCNX it can be accessed on Watch ESPN by logging in with your cable provider, assuming you have the ACC Network as part of your package. If you don't have ACC Network as part of your cable package, you can still watch the game if you are an ESPN+ subscriber. If you subscribe to neither, then you are out of luck. Hope that makes sense.
I respectfully disagree with your take here. It might be true that you can get ACCN and perhaps other ESPN content if you are an ESPN+ subscriber but I know if you have a cable subscription and have access to ESPN, ACCN and ACCNX, you still do not have access to ESPN+.

That is the problem.

If ESPN is going to move some ACC home content to ESPN+, people will have to subscribe to ESPN+ to access that. That would be a huge change. This would mean ESPN has broken promises and lied to their subscribers and cable systems.

I am almost positive that just means it's available on both. We had a few basketball games last year that were on both ACCNX and ESPN+. At least I know the exhibition games were for sure.
I hope so. If so, this is new.

I have never seen ESPN+ listed next to an Syracuse game along with ACCNX. If they have to do it, they should include an 'and' between them.

I respectfully disagree with your take here. It might be true that you can get ACCN and perhaps other ESPN content if you are an ESPN+ subscriber but I know if you have a cable subscription and have access to ESPN, ACCN and ACCNX, you still do not have access to ESPN+.

That is the problem.

If ESPN is going to move some ACC home content to ESPN+, people will have to subscribe to ESPN+ to access that. That would be a huge change. This would mean ESPN has broken promises and lied to their subscribers and cable systems.

The game is available on BOTH ACCNX and ESPN+

Nothing has been moved.

More accessibility has been added.

That is the problem.

That's not what I was saying though. It's available on Watch ESPN if you have a cable subscription that includes ACCN or it's available on Watch ESPN if you are an ESPN+ subscriber. Regardless, you have to go to the same place to watch it.

Have you noticed there aren't any RSN games listed the first three weeks.

Maybe we finally put Raycom in the rearview mirror.?
I wonder how the Bally bankruptcy plays into it? Raycom produced though it was typically under a Bally/FS Regional Network broadcast. Perhaps they are producing the ACCNX broadcasts?

Every ACC team is at home in week 2. That's 14 TV games owned by the ACC, so if the 2 unannounced are not RSN then I think you're right.

ACCNX is only available to cable/satellite subscribers who get ACC Network.

ESPN+ means that anyone with a sub can access the game coast-to-coast.

Not that anyone in BF Montana would care about SU v Colgate anyways.
I know a family in BF Montana that cares significantly about SU vs Colgate

Orange Nation is Everywhere

It appears both the Cincy @ Pitt and WMU at Cuse games on Sept 9th are caught up in the Bally RSN bankruptcy. I assume they will try to sub these games out if possible. ACCN is full and already a few ACCNX games have been scheduled. It doesn't look real promising but we'll see if Cuse gets something better than ACCNX.

I could see Cincy at Pitt get a ESPN Friday Night slot (assuming they don't mind pissing off WPA FB coaches). I think our game is destined for streaming only...but hopefully we can ask for a mid afternoon kickoff.

Last edited:

Anything but a Noon start would be great. The longer this drags though the more I worry about an early kick or something bizarre like 1pm with it likely being an online/streaming only game. If SU has to go Streaming no reason this shouldn't be a night game or at least late afternoon.

100 YEARS IN THE MAKING!

SU takes on the Pittsburgh Panthers to commemorate the 100th anniversary of the first college football game to be played at the original Yankee Stadium. The Orange defeated the Panthers 3-0 in that contest.
Dear Christopher,

As a ’Cuse Athletics Fund member and season ticket holder, you have exclusive access to purchase discounted tickets during the ’CAF pre-sale beginning on Wednesday, June 21 at 10 a.m. ’CAF discounted ticket packages to sit in the official Syracuse fan section at Yankee Stadium start as low as $60! Discounted tickets will be available thru Wednesday, June 28. Purchase tomorrow to take advantage of this special deal!
Seat location will be allocated based on the account holder’s 'Cuse Athletics Fund Donor Rank. For more information on Donor Rank, and to view your current donor rank status, please click here.

Questions? Fans can contact their Syracuse Athletics Ticket Sales representative, Monday-Friday, 8:30am-4:30p, with the below contact information:

That is nice. We have a number of coaches on this board at all levels, from Pop Warner to college. Some are among our most knowledgeable and best posters.

It is good Clemson is joining the party too.
And the board here has driven away a few too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom