2023 USMNT | Syracusefan.com

2023 USMNT

SUfanNC

All Conference
I’m actually pretty excited to see the line up and substitutions tonight

Curious about some of the younger talent. Any thoughts on any of these newer kids. Any names to watch? For me it’s both Paxtons, Cade, Hoppe, and Zendejas.

Not sure how I feel about HBO but I already have it so no issues here. There really needs to be something done TV wise for the mens team. I had to watch it in Spanish a few times the past year on Univision or something

So its in english on HBO mox and spanish on peacock

I never had a problem finding any of the mens games on TV or a simple stream. Is it all streaming now?

So its in english on HBO mox and spanish on peacock

I never had a problem finding any of the mens games on TV or a simple stream. Is it all streaming now?

tbs or tnt for half of the games per article. I don’t get why only half. I had issues because i didn’t have peacock.

Unfortunately, my two options to watch this one were both in Spanish on Peacock or Telemundo.

Cade Cowell belongs. Man of the Match.

2 former Atlanta United players with the connection on the goal... Gressel to Vasquez. Beautiful ball in from Julian and header finish by Brandon. Good debuts from both.

Zimmerman... sigh.

Cowell looked great for sure. That goal we had was very nice.

Zendajas looked electric later in the game. It was said on the broadcast and seemed to be true, that he needs touches to get into the game. not sure his natural position but he would be nice closer to the middle of the field.

As I watched I felt like we had good ball movement but the passes seemed to lack pace. It could be just me. Overall not bad. That wall cannot break at the end of first half.

the wall goal was tragic mistake..

The amount of quality chances was nice to see..

I'm glad they completely cleaned house.

Earnie Stewart, gone back to the Netherlands. Brian McBride, gone.

Even Claudio Reyna gone from Austin.

Berhalter won't be back.

Get a European coach, and give him an entire staff - let them scout, give them resources - an MLS expert, a CONCACAF expert, European recruitment guys, advanced analytical support.

Zendajas looked electric later in the game. It was said on the broadcast and seemed to be true, that he needs touches to get into the game. not sure his natural position but he would be nice closer to the middle of the field.

As I watched I felt like we had good ball movement but the passes seemed to lack pace. It could be just me. Overall not bad. That wall cannot break at the end of first half.

Cowell was my man of the match for the US. Nice moves, very calm with the ball at his feet. Good control in tight spaces.

ESPN graded him harshly, but I thought Neal had a good first half as left centerback.

Slonina with some nice saves, took the kick to the head. The wall let him down for that first goal.

I thought Gomez was pretty good at left back. Aidan Morris was pretty solid in the holding midfielder / pivot role.

Senora was hyped up but under-delivered. Pomykal was not nearly good enough.

I will also say that although these were both "B teams" of younger guys, the Serbians looked a lot bigger than us through most of the lineup. It was particularly noticeable in midfield, where it looked like men against boys.

Time will tell if Vazquez is our number 9. So many false dawns in our endless search for an international-class striker. But he took his header well (led MLS with 6 last season), and made some nice runs up front. Some decent hold-up play, too.

Great news for the US to get the South American championship on US soil in 2024. This will make it easier to get a better coach, too, by having elite competition prior to the World Cup. This is how a team grows and gets better - playing competitive games against Brazil, Argentina, et al.

And if this gets repeated in the future, football in the US is going to get even better, with even more TV coverage, more people really caring about the games. Mexico is the only real rival we have in CONCACAF. If we're getting the chance to play Brazil, Argentina, Ecuador, Chile, every few years, too, it can only accelerate the growth of the sport in our country. This is like entering the big time for US soccer.

Our market is finally big enough, with well-educated enough fans, to actually matter to other countries. It's not just about the US having facilities, ready made stadiums, excellent transportation infrastructure, predictable food, good hotels, etc. It's that there is going to be major attendance with minimal political hassle, compared to some South American countries. We averaged 45,000 per game when they came here in 2016. They'll surely draw more than 50,000 per game this time.

I also love that they're looking to build club football by creating an inter-continental Final Four between NA and SA teams. This is amazingly great news. But the tournament is only a year from this summer. We have to have a coach in place by the summer.

I like Cade Cowell but my unpopular take is that he could become a big-time player but he could also become another Jordan Morris. Great physical traits but not much else.

Hope Cade learns and challenges himself in a better league when the chance comes.

What the hell are we doing with this Colombia line up?

Isn't the point of these games to get a look at the future?

Jesus this lineup is complete bleh

I like Cade Cowell but my unpopular take is that he could become a big-time player but he could also become another Jordan Morris. Great physical traits but not much else.

Hope Cade learns and challenges himself in a better league when the chance comes.

I thought his close control and dribbling skill was much better than Morris.

I'm glad they completely cleaned house.

Earnie Stewart, gone back to the Netherlands. Brian McBride, gone.

Even Claudio Reyna gone from Austin.

Berhalter won't be back.

Get a European coach, and give him an entire staff - let them scout, give them resources - an MLS expert, a CONCACAF expert, European recruitment guys, advanced analytical support.
Assuming Berhalter is not back, I will withhold judgement on his firing until I see his replacement.

I honestly have no idea how attractive the USMNT job is.

Marsch was sacked.

That's too bad for him. Would he make a great USMNT coach? Not sure.

I'd certainly like to have Luis Enrique or Hansi Flick over him, or Marcelo Bielsa. Although Bielsa's style might create havoc in a tournament setting.

Assuming Berhalter is not back, I will withhold judgement on his firing until I see his replacement.

I honestly have no idea how attractive the USMNT job is.

I think a discerning coach would see that the roster has some promising young talent that is playing all over Europe.

There's the home-field advantage, of course, and the notoriety of making the US a player on the international stage. Imagine if you were the coach who brought the US to a World Cup semifinal!

And then there's the thought that you also get to contest the Copa America here in the US, too, and have high caliber South American competition to tune up for the big event.

For someone who might like to retire to the US, that might be a winning combination.

Last edited:
I watched the second half. They did not look good.
The wheels really fell off at Leeds the last few months.

They couldn't hold a lead and we're a mess defensively.

Now, lately, they struggle for possession and creating chances.

I think he had them for a moment early in the season, then they blew a couple matches and things just spiralled out from there

The wheels really fell off at Leeds the last few months.

They couldn't hold a lead and we're a mess defensively.

Now, lately, they struggle for possession and creating chances.

I think he had them for a moment early in the season, then they blew a couple matches and things just spiralled out from there
Annnnnd on cue blow another lead

I can't find it anywhere online. Where did you watch?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom