2023 USMNT | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

2023 USMNT

Ferreira playing as a withdrawn striker whose primarily role is linking is not what he does. We saw that against the Netherlands. Playing between the lines not his strength.

The midfield trident of Sands, Acosta and Ferreira was never going to get it done.

When Yedlin and Morris are your most dangerous attacking duo, it is not a good sign.

Not an accident that team play improved immensely once Sonora came on. Finally had a distributor who is good with the ball in tight spaces. That, plus the fact that the invisible Cowell was subbed and Ferreira was moved up top. As good as he was against Serbia, he was non-existent tonight. Looking at the line-up and formation, I expected Cowell and Dest to be the true threat with Dest maurading down that left-hand flank. Never happened until the goal sequence and that was after Cowell had departed and Morris moved over to the left.

I am not a big Morris fan but he was best US player tonight.

They need a coach. I am concerned that the fact that they do not have one yet means they are having a tough time getting someone they want.

Regardless, have to have a coach in place, ideally with some time with the team, by the Nations League semi vs Mexico. No excuse for a temp coach for that game.

They insist on hiring their GM first, and won't rush that along before summer - when all the best coaches are available. They wasted 18 months going into the last World Cup, too. This group of clowns running things should ALL be shown the door.

They insist on hiring their GM first, and won't rush that along before summer - when all the best coaches are available. They wasted 18 months going into the last World Cup, too. This group of clowns running things should ALL be shown the door.
All the power brokers do is hire people to be fall guys so they can escape accountability. USSF leadership is pathetic.

That makes sense but GM should be in place now so they have a short list of guys they know they want to target byt the time the season ends. Then they see who is on their list and is also available.

Not rocket science.

Copa America is only a year out.

Of course there’s no real deadline, but if Balogun were going to switch his pledge from England to the USA would it be in time for next months gold cup?

no idea who he is but this is good news? where does he play on the pitch?

no idea who he is but this is good news? where does he play on the pitch?
Very good news, he has 20 ligue 1 goals this year for Reims on loan from Arsenal. For reference Mbappe who’s considered best in the world has 26. He’s a striker and very very very good, we finally have a true finisher next to Pulisic.

i would hope this makes it a bit easier for Pulisic to get some room as teams would have to defend a real striker a bit more than they do ours.

Any idea when he may start showing up on the roster? I have gold cup tickets on July 2nd.

Last edited:
Nothing like finding the long awaited goal scorer through the International version of the portal. I mean European squads have been doing this forever. Nice to see us get one. This is a major development that could make our chances in 2026 look a lot different

USA through to the round of 16. 3-0 in group. Very similar IMO to the senior team.
Excellent in transition and quality athletes. Final third passing/movement and finishing remains poor.

Cade Cowell would do well and get to a European side soon to work on his tactical understanding and technical ability in front of goal.

Pulisic to Juve?

Lots of coaching chatter these days. Cacophonous silence on the USMNT end.

Hey, we just replaced Hudson...with another interim coach...speechless...

Pulisic to Juve?

Lots of coaching chatter these days. Cacophonous silence on the USMNT end.

I would be very happy with him going anywhere in Italy. I think it would be the right level for him. AC Milan has Olivier Giroud trying to recruit him, too. Tactically smart, but not brutally physical in bad weather - i.e., the nature of football in England.

I would like to see Adams and McKennie play in England, for selfish reasons (TV coverage). I think Aaronson is good enough to stay there, too. But they need to be on teams where they all will play. Adams and/or McKennie could be great for West Ham's midfield, for instance, if Rice is likely allowed to leave. They need some younger legs.

Aaronson could bring something interesting to Aston Villa, or a team like Leicester, had they not also gone down. Maybe Brentford, especially with Toney unavailable until January. Crystal Palace might be a good spot for him, too.

I would like to see Yunus Mussah move to Brighton, as I have recently heard. He'd be a nice replacement for Caicedo, who is going to be sold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom