2023 Yankees Season | Page 70 | Syracusefan.com

2023 Yankees Season

I suspect it is more than that.

This article is from 2022, but:

According to Sport Business Journal, the price for a jersey patch sponsor could be as high as $20 million for some teams.

“Most teams have had substantial conversations in the market about their patches or are at the finish line, waiting for the final word from the league," said one veteran West Coast MLB team marketer. "There’s a lot of media value and the money is real -- the average team should get $8 or 10 million."
well, that's a chunk of change ... Hal's next yacht is going to be a monster!

Remember, the pinstripes are sacred and bound in tradition. We can't have players names on the back or let them have beards or long-ish hair. That's an insult to our storied tradition.
Sir, here's a giant check to let an insurance company scrawl their logo on the uniform.
SOLD!

I hate the advertising, hate it. I understand it's a sign of the times and everyone is doing it but the Yankees have been and should always be above that stuff on the uniform.
Yeah, there was a time when I would have allowed something like this to upset me. Now, I just laugh harder when team owners cry poverty. As I age, I’m trying hard not to be an angry old man. Strangely, John Sterling still manages to set me off.

Could be worse:

615Gy1cQtGL._AC_UY1100_.jpg

What makes me laugh is how the soccer fans run out to buy the new jersey when their team gets a new primary sponsor.

What makes me laugh is how the soccer fans run out to buy the new jersey when their team gets a new primary sponsor.
Which is fine ... some football jerseys are pretty iconic looking. But those teams don't rabbit on about history, tradition, and sanctity of the uniform while scrambling to shove an advertisement everywhere that they can. If MLB made it so, every uniform in baseball would look like a NASCAR onesie and the Yankees would be at the forefront.

Wonder what the second half will bring ... my top three predictions:
1) No rebound from Donaldson or DJLM (For rebound let's set it at a .750+ OPS, slightly above league average for the 1st half)
2) Cole continues his first half, improves slightly, top-5 Cy Young finisher.
3) Judge returns in late August, finishes season as Yankee HR leader despite missing half the games.

Which is fine ... some football jerseys are pretty iconic looking. But those teams don't rabbit on about history, tradition, and sanctity of the uniform while scrambling to shove an advertisement everywhere that they can. If MLB made it so, every uniform in baseball would look like a NASCAR onesie and the Yankees would be at the forefront.
I love that every element of the radio broadcast, including the national anthem, is sponsored.

Yeah, there was a time when I would have allowed something like this to upset me. Now, I just laugh harder when team owners cry poverty. As I age, I’m trying hard not to be an angry old man. Strangely, John Sterling still manages to set me off.
I want to be nice, he's 85, but I can't stand John Sterling for a myriad of reasons. I respect him and his career but he has stayed on way too long. As a radio first person, I don't get the opportunity to watch many games, I enjoyed last year with the sub PBPers and the sub this year, Justin Shackl. I wish every year that John retires for his own good and the good of listeners.

I want to be nice, he's 85, but I can't stand John Sterling for a myriad of reasons. I respect him and his career but he has stayed on way too long. As a radio first person, I don't get the opportunity to watch many games, I enjoyed last year with the sub PBPers and the sub this year, Justin Shackl. I wish every year that John retires for his own good and the good of listeners.
Sterling has kind of grown on me over the years, but still it's time, I've never been the biggest fan. I enjoyed Justin Shakil last the times he's subbed in as well. I don't care for Ryan Ruocco, he sounds too much like a regional backwater professional wrestler announcer.

It is really not bad at all. The special hats they wear on certain weekends annoy me more.
Now get another patch on the other sleeve from some company for $25M a year and bingo ... Hal has funded paying Ohtani.

Sterling has kind of grown on me over the years, but still it's time, I've never been the biggest fan. I enjoyed Justin Shakil last the times he's subbed in as well. I don't care for Ryan Ruocco, he sounds too much like a regional backwater professional wrestler announcer.
styl.jpg

I don’t think that will cover it.
Dodgers will be the team to beat. They have $150m or so coming off their books after this season and a lot of it to guys who are underperforming, injured, or not even on the team, plus a bunch of good prospects ready to graduate to MLB. They'll give him $500m over 12 years or something and not even blink.

The job of a radio p-b-p guy is to paint an accurate picture for the listener. Ray Charles could do a better job of that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom