2024-25 Schedule | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

2024-25 Schedule

Someone needs to make one of these with Otto--

Lil Yachty Dolphin GIF by stalebagel
Otto needs a riding crop

All we need now is the last OOC game, rumored to be LeMoyne on 11/4, and the dates for the ACC conference games.

This info was released on September 13, 2022 and September 26, 2023.

Would not expect this to be released until late next month.

All we need now is the last OOC game, rumored to be LeMoyne on 11/4, and the dates for the ACC conference games.

This info was released on September 13, 2022 and September 26, 2023.

Would not expect this to be released until late next month.

I wonder if the ACC will sneak in a couple of conference games before Jan 1?

We do have a few Saturdays available.

Man they have no intentions of announcing the Le Moyne Syracuse game anytime this year!

I wonder if the ACC will sneak in a couple of conference games before Jan 1?

We do have a few Saturdays available.
I think with the advent of the ACC network, this is something we can pretty much bank on. They need content after the regular season for college football ends.

We will almost surely be playing an ACC game on Saturday, November 20th and another on December 7th.

And most likely one on Monday, December 30th (or Tuesday December 31st). I believe that one will be called the CTO Invitational. ;)

You can pretty much bank on your Cal-Stanford matchup to be either Thu-Sat or Fri-Sun. UVa and VPI will be going to Cali for ours, undoubtedly as a pair.

You can pretty much bank on your Cal-Stanford matchup to be either Thu-Sat or Fri-Sun. UVa and VPI will be going to Cali for ours, undoubtedly as a pair.
Hopefully that is the case.

SU got the worst possible draw for travel for hoops. Away games against SMU, Stanford and Cal. Only two schools were given this awful treatment: Syracuse and Pittsburgh.

I think the ACC said any existing ACC school that was assigned an away game against one of the Cali schools would also play the other one the same year, with the plan to play them both on the one road trip.

It would be ideal if Syracuse could play all three of the newbie road games on a single road trip. The first week or two of January makes sense, since SU does not have classes then so the kids would not miss any class being out West for a week.

Fly out on a Saturday, play on a Monday, then a Thursday, then on Saturday. Fly back home on Sunday.

Let's see what the ACC does. They should bend over backwards to try and mitigate the impact of what they have imposed on SU and Pitt (Pitt would presumably do the same thing the other week in early January).

Like they did with the NC schools, who get to play each other all the time and rarely have to go to places like SMU, Stanford and Cal.

Hopefully that is the case.

SU got the worst possible draw for travel for hoops. Away games against SMU, Stanford and Cal. Only two schools were given this awful treatment: Syracuse and Pittsburgh.

I think the ACC said any existing ACC school that was assigned an away game against one of the Cali schools would also play the other one the same year, with the plan to play them both on the one road trip.

It would be ideal if Syracuse could play all three of the newbie road games on a single road trip. The first week or two of January makes sense, since SU does not have classes then so the kids would not miss any class being out West for a week.

Fly out on a Saturday, play on a Monday, then a Thursday, then on Saturday. Fly back home on Sunday.

Let's see what the ACC does. They should bend over backwards to try and mitigate the impact of what they have imposed on SU and Pitt (Pitt would presumably do the same thing the other week in early January).

Like they did with the NC schools, who get to play each other all the time and rarely have to go to places like SMU, Stanford and Cal.
UVa is away with the Cali schools and home-and-home with SMU.

UVa is away with the Cali schools and home-and-home with SMU.
I stand corrected. Did not look at the home and home close enough.

Welcome to the high mileage travel group.

Hopefully you guys also only have to make one road trip for conference play west of the Mississippi.

Sorry if I missed it, but any talk of Siena this year?

I stand corrected. Did not look at the home and home close enough.

Welcome to the high mileage travel group.

Hopefully you guys also only have to make one road trip for conference play west of the Mississippi.
No UVa fan is holding their breath in anticipation of the ACC making that happen.

"ACC Rule 2b - Whenever more than one course of action is available to the ACC, they must choose the one that disadvantages UVa the most."

No UVa fan is holding their breath in anticipation of the ACC making that happen.

"ACC Rule 2b - Whenever more than one course of action is available to the ACC, they must choose the one that disadvantages UVa the most."
I can almost see the schedule makers sending a perfectly reasonable and fair schedule over to the commissioners office and the commissioner sending it back:

"This schedule doesn't screw over the Northeast schools enough! Fix it, dipsh!t! And while you're at it, send Virginia to California three separate times!"

It bums me out a bit how rarely we play at MSG these days. We have only played one game there in the past six years (Dec 2021 against Nova). Barclays is fine, but it's just not the same.

It bums me out a bit how rarely we play at MSG these days. We have only played one game there in the past six years (Dec 2021 against Nova). Barclays is fine, but it's just not the same.

Coming from north of NYC, Barclays is a major PITA to get to.

MSG is super EZ.

Plus, there’s a lot more going on around the area for before and after a game there.

Coming from north of NYC, Barclays is a major PITA to get to.

MSG is super EZ.

Plus, there’s a lot more going on around the area for before and after a game there.
Barclays is horrible to reach from CT. There is no public transportation, and driving there is truly terrible -- involving either the horrid BQE or driving through Manhattan traffic and taking the Brooklyn Bridge (with both routes involving I-95 through Fairfield County, recently crowned as the worst stretch of highway in the US). I've skipped the last few times we played there. It is literally easier to drive to Syracuse (a 4:45-hour drive) than to drive to Barclays which can take anywhere from 2.5 hours to who knows what, through some of the worst roads and traffic in the country.

Last edited:
Keep seeing new posts on this thread and thinking that the splashy Le Moyne announcement has been made!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom