2024 ACC Men's Basketball Tournament Projections | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

2024 ACC Men's Basketball Tournament Projections

We were going to need to get by Duke or UNC either way. Better to do it the 2nd day with Duke. UNC knows us pretty well by now, same with Clemson so I didn’t want catch them early or at all.

Seems like forever since we saw Duke last. Same with Virginia if we run into them the next day. Our team is a lot different than who showed up early in the year on the road.

7PM is a great time to play some games in DC. None of that noon BS down in Greensboro.

Maybe they’ll suspen Flip that will help even the playing field. I’d rather have UVA than Pitt.

It is what it is lpl

Patrick Stevens @D1scourse

Final ACC:

1 North Carolina 17-3
2 Duke 15-5
3 Virginia 13-7
4 Pitt 12-8
5 Wake Forest 11-9 (2-0)
6 Clemson 11-9 (2-1)
7 Syracuse 11-9 (0-3)
8 VT 10-10 (split w/FSU; 1-1 v UVa)
9 FSU 10-10 (0-1)
10 N.C. State 9-11
11 BC 8-12
12 ND 7-13 (HTH)
13 GT 7-13
14 Miami 6-14
15 UL 3-17

Final ACC:

1 North Carolina 17-3
2 Duke 15-5
3 Virginia 13-7
4 Pitt 12-8
5 Wake Forest 11-9 (2-0)
6 Clemson 11-9 (2-1)
7 Syracuse 11-9 (0-3)
9 FSU 10-10 (0-1)
10 N.C. State 9-11
11 BC 8-12
12 ND 7-13 (HTH)
13 GT 7-13
14 Miami 6-14
15 UL 3-17

1 flipping win away from 4th in the conference. UGH.

GaTech and/or BC L’s haunting us.

Yup. Also would be in a very different position for a possible NCAA bid. Just bad losses, especially against GT and BC
I honestly think what killed us is getting destroyed by Wake, Duke, UVA, NC first game etc. and blowing big leads and just hanging on against stiffs like Louisville and ND. St John’s doesn’t have a good resume but they lost really close to very good teams which we didn’t and they will probably get in if they beat Seton Hall in the BE tourney while we likely go to the NIT. A double bye in a conference that may only get 4-5 teams in wouldn’t change things for us in my opinion. The whole NET thing crushed us

Good news is we are rested. Let’s do what we haven’t and finish strong. Tourny games guard play matters. I and Judah and Q need to drive at the big men. Get them in foul trouble. Let’s go

Final ACC:

1 North Carolina 17-3
2 Duke 15-5
3 Virginia 13-7
4 Pitt 12-8
5 Wake Forest 11-9 (2-0)
6 Clemson 11-9 (2-1)
7 Syracuse 11-9 (0-3)
9 FSU 10-10 (0-1)
10 N.C. State 9-11
11 BC 8-12
12 ND 7-13 (HTH)
13 GT 7-13
14 Miami 6-14
15 UL 3-17
How the mighty Miami falls. From last year's national Final Four to the fourteenth place of ACC.

I hear you, but it would put us 25% closer to an auto-bid which is a considerable difference.
Fair point, one win against(most likely) Pitt gets us to the semi’s. At the end of the day, a team with so many flaws and a program who has flopped in the ACC Tourney basically every year, is probably screwed either way, just one day earlier

Good news is we are rested. Let’s do what we haven’t and finish strong. Tourny games guard play matters. I and Judah and Q need to drive at the big men. Get them in foul trouble. Let’s go
We do have the guard to play to cause issues - but our lack of depth and size will show, especially. We will need almost 40 minutes a game from Maliq to stay competitive - how many games can he do that for lol

ugh - this potential path to the ACC title is as brutal as possible:
NC State, Duke, UVA/Clem, UNC?

ay yay yay

Fair point, one win against(most likely) Pitt gets us to the semi’s. At the end of the day, a team with so many flaws and a program who has flopped in the ACC Tourney basically every year, is probably screwed either way, just one day earlier
against Pitt?

If we had gotten one more win and the double bye
were at least closer to getting that 4th place finish and double bye
last couple of years it felt far far away. This year we had 4th for a couple of days prior to a road game. if we squint closely we can see the slight improvement under AA. I said next year needs to be Top 6, might revise that to Top 4 after seeing what is possible in Year 1.

ugh - this potential path to the ACC title is as brutal as possible:
NC State, Duke, UVA/Clem, UNC?

ay yay yay
4/5 teams are potential opponents no matter where you start. At least they are avoiding a team that already beat them in the first game.

Clemson was playing for a double bye and screwed up. Their big 3 -- Hall, Girard, and Schieffelin went 12-34 and 4-16 from 3. Girard with twice as many rebounds as Hall. Big time choke.
I think fifth seed Wake Forest is screwed. Both Notre Dame and GA Tech become much better near the end of them. Either can beat Syracuse, Clemson and Wake. And Wake got the draw to play the winner of Notre Dame and GA Tech, the two dangerous low seed teams in this tournament.

Cuse vs Pitt for the title! Old Big East takeover!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom