2024 Lakeview Amp Schedule | Syracusefan.com

2024 Lakeview Amp Schedule

Will Micron bring a different crowd so they stop doing so many country concerts in Upstate, or is that wishful thinking?

Will Micron bring a different crowd so they stop doing so many country concerts in Upstate, or is that wishful thinking?
That’s where the money is. Country is mainstream. Look at the woman that just broke the attendance record.

I think its interesting in that as country music has gotten further from its roots and much worse in its talent, its gotten more popular in many ways..

I have a hard time listening to any of it anymore when it used to be my wife had that channel on the radio every day into work.. Now it goes on and the songs are awful and off it goes. Fine with me though.

That’s where the money is. Country is mainstream. Look at the woman that just broke the attendance record.
She doesn’t really make country music anymore though.

Anyway, this is Spotify’s top 10 most streamed artists - none of them are country, and even if you count Swift, that’s 1.
Spotify: most streamed artists worldwide 2023 | Statista

Country music popularity is skewed in Upstate NY because of the population….I’m rooting for change.

I think its interesting in that as country music has gotten further from its roots and much worse in its talent, its gotten more popular in many ways..

I have a hard time listening to any of it anymore when it used to be my wife had that channel on the radio every day into work.. Now it goes on and the songs are awful and off it goes. Fine with me though.
Yup. I actually like some old country music.

These new guys who curse and use slang they copied from people they don’t like, and do it over beats and use auto tune….I cannot believe this is real and not SNL jokes.

Anyway, this is Spotify’s top 10 most streamed artists - none of them are country, and even if you count Swift, that’s 1.

Country music popularity is skewed in Upstate NY because of the population….I’m rooting for change.
A list where Miley Cyrus is top 2 should scare people..

There's a big difference between artist streaming popularity and artist concert attendance. Country music fans go to concerts. And they aren't afraid to drive a long way to see a concert.

CMAC had 17 concerts - 3 were country. 4 were tribute bands.
Darien Lake had 19 concerts - 4 were country. Their lineup was similar to the Amp.
SPAC had 27 concerts - 4 were country. In addition, they have a season of additional jazz, theatre, ballet, symphonies and opera events.
Lakeview Amphitheatre had 22 concerts - 5 were country.

SPAC still sets the bar high with consistently the best season every summer. It would be nice if the Amp had had a larger commitment to the arts, but that will take time. Maybe someone will be able to pitch Micron to sign on as the top sponsor to allow for productions of ballet or opera.

It would be nice if the Amp would have more diversity, but country music isn't overwhelming the lineup. Heavy Metal bands had more concerts with 7. Its a challenge for the Amp to add more shows when The NYS Fair is the competition across the street with a fat checkbook. It will take years to develop the support and reputation that SPAC has, but all in all I think they have already secured a strong 2nd place in the list of best amphitheatres in upstate NY.

Last edited:
top country songs for each yr since 1948

You go thru this list some all time classics.. some Im not sure I even know what they are unless I go back an listen.. But you pretty much go thru the list and its pretty solid.. then you get into the 2000s and eeehh.

A real evolution though from the beginning to the end,

top country songs for each yr since 1948

You go thru this list some all time classics.. some Im not sure I even know what they are unless I go back an listen.. But you pretty much go thru the list and its pretty solid.. then you get into the 2000s and eeehh.

A real evolution though from the beginning to the end,
I guess you're not a fan of Kenny Chesney or Alan Jackson.

Not a Chesney fan.. Love alot of Alan Jackson stuff,, One of the few country concerts I did attend and it was at the state fair.
"It gets hotter than a hoochie coochie?" Not quite Irving Berlin with the lyrics, is he?

Jason Aldean….uuuuhhhg.
Tongue Lucy GIF by MOODMAN

Interesting business these AMP shows. SPAC and Darien Lake hold quite a few more people than Lakeview and that probably appeals to a lot of artists. I don't thin CMAC is affiliated with Live Nation so I think that hurts them. Acts that can draw 15,000 seems to be the sweet spot for Lakeview shows, and I am not sure if that gives us ample opportunity or less.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom